Multi Fuel Stove

Started by tbrick18, January 20, 2022, 12:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

I'm considering a flat roof sunroom extension to our house and I'm thinking about putting in a multi-fuel stove.
Anyone able to point out any considerations I need to make? One thing concerning me is that our house is two story and if I have a single story flat roof extension, do I need to build a chimney up to roof height of my 2 story house for the stove? Or can I just expose the flue from the stove say a foot above the flat roof?

I'm only in the planning stage and I don't want to let the idea of a stove maybe cause me more headache and cost than its worth.

Hereiam

Flue will need to go 1m above flat roof
If the sun room is open to the kitchen the stove will need to be a room sealed type.

tbrick18

Quote from: Hereiam on January 20, 2022, 01:52:57 PM
If the sun room is open to the kitchen the stove will need to be a room sealed type.

So I don't need to build a chimney as such, just bring the flue up? I'm so not a builder lol.
Sun room is open into dining which will be open into kitchen. Are you saying I need to have closeable doors between sun room and the dining room?

Hereiam

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2022, 07:54:04 PM

So I don't need to build a chimney as such, just bring the flue up? I'm so not a builder lol.
Sun room is open into dining which will be open into kitchen. Are you saying I need to have closeable doors between sun room and the dining room?

You don't need a built chimney you can take a twin wall aluminium flue up through the roof. Where your flue passes through the ceiling will need detailed properly so as not to cause a fire.
If you just want to install a standard stove then yes doors will be needed.

tbrick18

Quote from: Hereiam on January 20, 2022, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2022, 07:54:04 PM

You don't need a built chimney you can take a twin wall aluminium flue up through the roof. Where your flue passes through the ceiling will need detailed properly so as not to cause a fire.
If you just want to install a standard stove then yes doors will be needed.

Cheers chap, thanks for the info.