Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Why are people responding to the newest members on here who are obviously on the windup, surely you can see they are talking crap?

Ed Hardy

Despite all the negativity Im looking forward to next weekend, hopefully Kilcoo make it too All Ireland final, and a good Down performance against Derry and maybe even sneak a win or a draw!
Team for Derry game;

Burns
Fegan
McElroy
McCartan
Guinness
Mc Parland
Mc Cormack
Doherty
Middleton
Mooney
Laverty (if available)
Connery
B O H
Havern
Gilmore

rosskarr

Quote from: Ed Hardy on January 21, 2022, 08:16:24 PM
Despite all the negativity Im looking forward to next weekend, hopefully Kilcoo make it too All Ireland final, and a good Down performance against Derry and maybe even sneak a win or a draw!
Team for Derry game;

Burns
Fegan
McElroy
McCartan ??
Guinness
Mc Parland
Mc Cormack ??
Doherty
Middleton ??
Mooney
Laverty (if available)??
Connery ??
B O H
Havern ??
Gilmore??

lumpitin

Down had a brilliant training weekend in the carrickdale training on a local pitch.

Truth hurts

A high-ranking county board bureaucrat has told me that there will be 4 relegated from 1 and 2 this year, what are your thoughts on that? I would think that 3 relegated is enough, they can relegate 3 the following year to get the 10 team league back. I just think that it will be unfair on teams with a large number of county players who could be missing for a lot of the league.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 24, 2022, 11:18:36 AM
A high-ranking county board bureaucrat has told me that there will be 4 relegated from 1 and 2 this year, what are your thoughts on that? I would think that 3 relegated is enough, they can relegate 3 the following year to get the 10 team league back. I just think that it will be unfair on teams with a large number of county players who could be missing for a lot of the league.

We knew this from October that 4 were going down

Mourne Red

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 18, 2021, 05:16:32 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on October 18, 2021, 04:26:37 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 18, 2021, 03:56:50 PM
Already done as 4 down next season.. Was the agreement for no relegation this year. League is going to be interesting

Was not agreed on , fake news

Dead on then Trump.. We will see next year 👌🏻 They restructured the divisions so 10 in each a couple of years ago.. They aren't going back to 12 a league

Bumping this Up - Maybe get out of "East Down" you'll learn a thing or two Truth

johnnycool

Quote from: lumpitin on January 24, 2022, 10:20:26 AM
Down had a brilliant training weekend in the carrickdale training on a local pitch.

Hurlers were in Tipp for a training weekend AFAIK..

Truth hurts

Is there a list of the Down u17 panel for the year ahead?

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 24, 2022, 11:18:36 AM
The only Club that'll have large numbers on the County panel will be Kilcoo and they'll be in no danger of relegation.

BigRipper89

'Large numbers' can be alot different for some teams. Downpatrick with 5/6 players on the senior panel as i count it. Surely this would be a huge hinderance to their chances of avoiding relegation. The likes of burren, point and kilcoo would probably have a big enough pick to still feild strong teams. Is Division 2 and 3 now only having 1 team to go up? The likes of Longstone and glenn would suffer as they lose 2/3 boys and unlikely to be able to push for promotion in a tight division.

Looking forward to saturdays match- whats the thoughts? Derry probably strong favourties going into the tie now with Slaughtneil beaten yesterday. What would be a respectable result? Win, close loss or draw?

Truth hurts

Carryduff and Clonduff have a lot on the panel

Lecale Gael

ACFL Division 1 (12 teams)

CPN Warrenpoint (SFC) - S Mullholland
Clonduff (SFC) - C McBride
Mayobridge (SFC) - S Poacher
Burren (SFC) - J McCorry
Carryduff (SFC) - F Moriarty
Cill Chua (SFC) - M Moran
Ballyholland (SFC) - R Murtagh
Bryansford (SFC) - C Deegan
Rostrevor (IFC) - B Coulter
Loughinisland (SFC) -K Duffin
RGU Downpatrick (SFC) - K Gracey
Castlewellan (SFC) - B Grant

ACFL Division 2 (10 teams)

Longstone (SFC) - E Morgan
Glenn John Martins (SFC) - T Bagnall
An Riocht (SFC) - D Mussen
Darragh Cross (IFC) - DJ Kane / E Gormley
Bredagh (SFC) - B Mason
Sabhaill Naomh Pádraig (SFC) C O'Toole
Annaclone (IFC) - J Haughey
St John's Drumnaquoile (IFC) - C Burns
Liatroim (IFC) - F Fitzsummins
Saval (IFC) - D Hughes

ACFL Division 3 (12 teams)

Newry Shamrocks (IFC) - M Rafferty
Ballymartin (IFC) - C Brannagan
Tullylish (IFC) - D Corbett
Drumgath (IFC) - J Lynch
Attical (IFC) - C Burden
Aughlisnafin (IFC) - J Morgan
St John Bosco (IFC) - M McVeigh
Clan na Banna (IFC) - P Feeny
Teconnaught (JFC) - H Greene
Bright (IFC) - F Toner
Dromara (JFC) - M Walker
St Pauls (IFC) - P Hannigan

ACFL Division 4 (9 teams)

Kilclief (JFC)
Dundrum (JFC)
Ardglass (JFC)
East Belfast (JFC)
St Colman's Drumaness (JFC)
Glasdrumman (JFC)
Aghaderg (JFC)
St Michaels (JFC)
Newry Mitchels (JFC)

Div 1 (12)
12 - 4R = 8 + 2P = 10 teams

Div 2 (10)
10 - 4R = 6 + 4P = 10 teams

Div 3 (12)
12 + 4R= 16 - 4P= 12 teams

Div 4 (9)
9 + 4R = 13 - 2P = 11 teams 

Option 1
Bottom 3 are straight down and 4/5 from bottom play off ? This will give teams that have players starred a chance to use those players to retain divisional status 
4 up from div 2&3 and 2 up from div 4

Option 2
Bottom 4 are straight down/ 4 up div 2/3 and 2 up div 4

Option 2 variant
Top 3 are up / Fourth in div 2/3 plays the winner from 4/5 play off in the div above for place in the division above ?
Top is up /Second in div 4 plays the winner from 4/5 play off

Is this a possible scenario this year ?
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Hard2Listen2

Division 1- bottom 4 relegated. Top 2 in Division 1 promoted.

Not sure below that.

Hard2Listen2

Fight to avoid relegation could be a real dog fight.