Things that make you feel old...

Started by 5 Sams, November 04, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Lost to Paidi and Westmeath the following year, didn't they.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2020, 09:42:16 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 12, 2020, 08:20:21 PM
I watched the 2003 Leinster Final Laois v Kildare today with my 8 and 5 year old, both thought it was great. Hard to believe it was 17 years ago though.
I think that may have been the year the Dublin Co Board decided to choose the nuclear option
The Dubs have won the vast majority of Leinsters since.

Westmeath won Leinster in 2004. That was the end of that bar Dublin getting caught by a flurry of goals by Meath in 2010.  The Leinster Championship was a vibrant animal back then. But the shite Leinster final crowd for Laois and Westmeath was no good for the GAA coffers. A strong Dublin was what the new Croke Park Stadium needed. The rest is history.

Cunny Funt

The child from that famous sporting moment/image is 40 now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 04, 2020, 02:01:13 PM

The child from that famous sporting moment/image is 40 now.

Watched it last night, a very good doc and I remember that final very well!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

Have started crossing my legs when I sit down. When I was younger it was so uncomfortable but have noticed over Christmas that that I have started to do it

When veterans on sports teams are younger than you

armaghniac

Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 12, 2020, 08:43:16 PM
I bought a box of what I think used to be called sugar puffs as a treat to myself in lockdown and now I've never tasted anything less sweet.  When did that happen?

Increased emphasis on the puff rather than the sugar?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

maddog

Havent read rest of thread so might have been mentioned before. The drop downs when you are booking something on the net and you look for your birthyear and scroll scroll scroll  :o

Gmac

Christmas number one was a big deal back in the day first one I remember was the caravan of love
Cliff had a few and band aid of course . Long time since flying pickets saw light of day.

ONeill

Aye it was massive. Earliest one I remember was Renee and Renato.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on December 29, 2022, 09:34:57 PM
Aye it was massive. Earliest one I remember was Renee and Renato.

Christmas hits used to be wizzard, altogether.

weareros

Earliest Christmas Number One I remember was Saint Winifred's School Choir with their "There's no one quite like Grandma." Awful awful stuff but even some of the hard chaws and cool dudes in the school ground were heard humming it back in 1980.

thebuzz

I was at a wedding in Belfast last week where the only people older than me were the bride and groom's parents.

seafoid

Famous deaths that are a very long way in the distance.  Ayrton Senna. Kurt Cobain.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on December 30, 2022, 06:26:15 AM
Famous deaths that are a very long way in the distance.  Ayrton Senna. Kurt Cobain.

John Lennon!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 31, 2022, 04:55:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 30, 2022, 06:26:15 AM

John Lennon!

Elvis! Was sitting in living room, not so much his death but my mum's reaction at the time..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea