Up For The Match

Started by theticklemister, August 17, 2019, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Je I'm really enjoying Lar Corbett, Jackie Tyrell and Shane McGrath here!

Captain Obvious

The blonde hair and extra weight doesn't suit Gráinne Seoige.

Minder

Joe Hayes rolled out as usual
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

dublin7

To be fair its miles better without Grainne Ni Seoige. That woman may be pretty looking but there's more warmth and personality in an iceberg. At least Jackie Hurley makes it watchable alongside that gombeen Des Cahill

rosnarun

Quote from: dublin7 on August 17, 2019, 10:44:18 PM
To be fair its miles better without Grainne Ni Seoige. That woman may be pretty looking but there's more warmth and personality in an iceberg. At least Jackie Hurley makes it watchable alongside that gombeen Des Cahill
could it be that's she actually interest and loved getting the job for the jobs sake rather than the exposure?
she's a hell of a lot better TV  presenter than des . Ive seem young curate organize better Quizzes . he was explaining still expalaing the rules with 10 seconds gone on the clock,
only a bit of crack I know but still painful to watch him.
love him on the radio though
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AZOffaly

Didn't watch it but not surprised if Jacqui Hurley did a good job. she seems a decent sort and is a genuine sports fan.

gallsman

Des doing the questions for that quiz was absolutely bloody awful.

imtommygunn

Des is bloody awful so little wonder.

BennyCake

No sign of Aslan or Charlie Redmond yet.

Carbery

I see the viewers quiz is limited to residents of the 26 Counties only.  What a shame for a 32 County organisation.  Both GAA and RTÉ.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Carbery on August 31, 2019, 10:47:43 PM
I see the viewers quiz is limited to residents of the 26 Counties only.  What a shame for a 32 County organisation.  Both GAA and RTÉ.

Probably limited to RTE licence holders as well...does RTE claim to serve 32 counties though?

BennyCake

Ulster and the north clearly doesn't matter to RTE.

Between the opening sequences on TSG and TG4's GAA coverage, there's only a split second of a ball being kicked in a Down v Monaghan match. Nothing else from an Ulster team.

LCohen

Quote from: Carbery on August 31, 2019, 10:47:43 PM

In what way is RTE a 32 county organisation? Where are you getting that from?

I'd agree with Benny though the big issues for the GAA are the bi-annual pratfest that is Up For The Match and the title sequences of The Sunday Game. Surely another Citizen's Assembly is in the offing?

trailer

The competition is restricted to the 26 counties because of differences in the laws North & South. Now, if we had a functioning executive in NI we could align them but unfortunately we don't. So it has nothing to do with being partitionist and everything to do with RTÉ protecting themselves from a potential court case.

Interesting that it seems to be a specific bug bearer for SF members on twitter. Niall O'Donaigle (Not sure of spelling but Senator from Belfast) being number one I think.....

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2019, 12:17:19 AM
Ulster and the north clearly doesn't matter to RTE.

Between the opening sequences on TSG and TG4's GAA coverage, there's only a split second of a ball being kicked in a Down v Monaghan match. Nothing else from an Ulster team.
The Irish Times had 21 highlights of the season and there wasn't one featuring a Galway player.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU