Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: square_ball on September 12, 2020, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 12, 2020, 12:08:06 PM
What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side fortoday's match. Could be interesting.

Poor referee in Eskra Kildress game. Kildress second goal should never have been allowed to stand. He had blown for a free in to Kildress, whilst the ball in was in the air, just after the Kildress player had kicked it towards goal. Next thing it lands with a Kildress forward after the Eskra defenders had stopped, he catches it, runs towards goal and buries it.

If he hadn't blown the whistle and was playing advantage, fair enough. But he clearly blew it, so the goal shouldn't have counted.
Just one of quite a few poor decisions today.

Having said that Kildress the better team and will be hard to stop for the championship.

trueblue1234

Quote from: on the sideline on September 12, 2020, 06:24:36 PM
What age is the fella Haughey who played well in defensive role last night? Looks a bit older and dodgy knees but was veyr important for the Sarsfields.

With Kileeshil gone Cookstown will really fancy it now - party being organised in Mulligans already I hear!

All playing for runners up to Kildress I reckon. Though I see Peter Hughes named in the eskra side fortoday's match. Could be interesting.

Poor referee in Eskra Kildress game. Kildress second goal should never have been allowed to stand. He had blown for a free in to Kildress, whilst the ball in was in the air, just after the Kildress player had kicked it towards goal. Next thing it lands with a Kildress forward after the Eskra defenders had stopped, he catches it, runs towards goal and buries it.

If he hadn't blown the whistle and was playing advantage, fair enough. But he clearly blew it, so the goal shouldn't have counted.

Having said that Kildress the better team and will be hard to stop for the championship.

Did he blow for free or mark?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

on the sideline

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 12, 2020, 06:31:57 PM

Did he blow for free or mark?

Free. He blew after it was kicked, but before it was caught.

WT4E

Didnt notice that at the time will have to watch it back. Heard some say that a mark was called but the ref wasn't great blowing it all day but one of the thoughts in the stand amongst Kildress supporters was that we thought he was goin to blow for a penalty for a foul on Caolan McNamee as he caught the long ball but he had the composure to offload to Shea Murphy for the goal.

Peter Hughes still classy however would have thought we might have changed a diff man onto him to see if we could nulify him.

Pearse Blue

Anyone know the league structure next year? Is it meant to change?

How many can be relegated etc?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 14, 2020, 11:33:16 AM

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
Would be 4 teams being relegated from Div 1 and 2.
If they go with the previously planned restructure of 12 teams in 1A 1B and 2 in 2022 theres a possibility of 8 teams going down from Division 1 next season.

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 14, 2020, 04:22:05 PM

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
If they go with the previously planned restructure of 12 teams in 1A 1B and 2 in 2022 theres a possibility of 8 teams going down from Division 1 next season.
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 14, 2020, 04:22:05 PM

18 teams in Division 1
16 teams in Division 2
15 Teams in Division 3.
Correct in terms of the number of teams in each Division, but only 6 would be relagated from Division 1 because intermediate League and Championship winners would only go to 1B

Baile an tuaigh

I would like to head to the Tyrone final do I need to buy a ticket or can I pay at the style?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 14, 2020, 11:19:34 PM
I would like to head to the Tyrone final do I need to buy a ticket or can I pay at the style?

You won't get in, if you can get a ticket - good luck to you. If you know someone at the Omagh Club that is your best bet.

It'll be Tyrone streaming service for you.

TabClear

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 14, 2020, 10:44:20 PM
JFC Quarter Finals...

Brackaville vs. Drumquin (Saturday @Pomeroy 1.00pm)
Brocagh vs. Cookstown (TBA)
Drumragh vs. Castlederg (Saturday @Newtownstewart 1.00pm)
Kildress vs. Urney (Sunday @Killyclogher 1.00pm)

Cookstown and Kildress to go through comfortably. Other two harder to call.

Drumquin seem to have improved significantly this year so I will back them.

Drumragh/Castlederg is 50:50. I will go with Drumragh on the back of their performance last week but I dont expect much to be in it.

Are the semis an open draw or have the pairings been decided?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 14, 2020, 11:19:34 PM
When the ref throw the ball up the gates will open

square_ball

Quote from: TabClear on September 15, 2020, 09:44:28 AM
JFC Quarter Finals...

Drumragh/Castlederg is 50:50. I will go with Drumragh on the back of their performance last week but I dont expect much to be in it.

The semi final draw is already pre determined:

Drumragh/Castlederg v Brackaville/Drumquin
Cookstown/Brocagh v Kildress/Urney

Kildress/Cookstown semi final likely to produce the winners.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: TabClear on September 15, 2020, 09:44:28 AM
JFC Quarter Finals...

Brave statement to completely rule out Urney when they have Johnny Lafferty and Jamie McAleer in their ranks. Will be a very close game and those two could be difference makers, Kildress may have a better team all round but they havent got game changers like them. Kildress were also very lucky against Eskra with that goal decision. Des Tracey still being the best player is also concerning for them.

omagh_gael

So what happens if Cookstown and Kildress win their respective leagues and either play Drumragh (as an example) in championship final. Do only two teams go up or will, in this example, Drumragh go up too, as their final opponent is already promoted through the league?

bogball88

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2020, 03:23:38 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 15, 2020, 03:14:51 PM
So what happens if Cookstown and Kildress win their respective leagues and either play Drumragh (as an example) in championship final. Do only two teams go up or will, in this example, Drumragh go up too, as their final opponent is already promoted through the league?

Only two teams are promoted from Divisions 2 & 3 The section winners face each other in the league final - the winner of this final is promoted.

Should a team do the Intermediate or junior championship/league double, I presume the beaten league finalist is also promoted based on prior precedent.
Correct