Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on October 21, 2020, 04:47:37 PM
I do not take offence at the Norris comment, therefore no need for a retraction.

I do not have a Cargin agenda (however I do believe that their siege mentality is one of the things that enhances their drive) and perhaps my comments on DC could have been a little more refined in the manner they were delivered, however I promise to be a better Gael on how I speak to other thread members and to engage in a more meaningful and constructive manner

There ya go... I hate that the SW are ruining the football championship lately, even PG1 are beating Belfast teams for fun!

Anyways, all eyes for the Waterford game, can not slip up that one, especially if the other teams do us a favour, it would be horrendous !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Really we shouldn't be having a go at any one person or club. I like to keep it a general city thing 🤣

Calm Down

Agreed, however we must not take the local parish and any other rivalry disappear from our games even if we do offend the odd sole from time to time

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on October 21, 2020, 05:00:01 PM
Agreed, however we must not take the local parish and any other rivalry disappear from our games even if we do offend the odd sole from time to time

Off course we shouldn't but there is a line and I feel it's been crossed a few times on here.

Calm Down

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2020, 06:45:36 PM

Off course we shouldn't but there is a line and I feel it's been crossed a few times on here.

For that I am not willing to be the scapegoat for everyone else

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on October 21, 2020, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2020, 06:45:36 PM

For that I am not willing to be the scapegoat for everyone else

And I'd never accuse you of that.

Milltown Row2

This was talked about last week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 10:44:15 PM

Sorry pal.. don't be red carding me now..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 21, 2020, 10:58:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 10:44:15 PM

Sorry pal.. don't be red carding me now..

Not on here in fairness so just a yellow

johnnycool

Fixture conceded by Waterford;

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/10/22/waterford-footballers-concede-antrim-game/

Doesn't bode well for the upcoming championships.

imtommygunn

14 day quarantine with their work from travelling to the north  :(

We're like lepers up here lol.

Not good. The whole thing needs called off.

How do you combat the likes of that work thing? You would need to play all the games down south.

Na Glinntí Glasa

the past few fixtures being conceded will see other games go that way. To try and continue with matches now is just pure folly.

We cant say its an 'elite sport' when we are armatures. We don't get continued testing done as its only done in the event of someone actually getting it and by that stage its too late.

Im all for our games to continue but not at the expense of lads getting the virus
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 22, 2020, 09:07:27 AM
14 day quarantine with their work from travelling to the north  :(

We're like lepers up here lol.

Not good. The whole thing needs called off.

How do you combat the likes of that work thing? You would need to play all the games down south.

From reading that I took it that it was being invoked by some employers outside of the guidelines. There is no stipulation to do so by law.
They also were using Ballymena as an excuse as if it is any worse or better than comparable towns in the South.

Calm Down

Lads we have to look at the reality of it, Waterford have nothing to play for in the league, they can't go up nor down.

When it comes to Championship do we really think that teams with a good crack at Silverware are going to concede. Even if the 'lesser' teams do concede to the like of say Dublin what difference is this really to any Leinster championship match, they steam role them anyway and the province, that however opens up a whole different debate.

I think we have to accept this year is fraught with the unknown, however if we have 25 teams willing to give us a championship so be it, I would rather keep our audience and have a GAA feel good factor to some degree than loose young souls to the relentless drive of the EPL