Morgan 1 match
Sheridan 0 matches
Grugan 1 matches
Murnin 0 matches
Hall 1 match
Grimley 1 match
Vernon 1 match
Donaghy 0 matches

Which Hughes is that? Grimley  broke his hand. Murnin is injured.

Dougal Maguire

There are others too but I don't want to name and shame as I don't blame them I blame the manager
Careful now

naka

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 29, 2019, 09:30:56 AM
Clarke 0 matches
Hughes 0 matches
O Neill 1 match
Morgan 1 match
Sheridan 0 matches
Grugan 1 matches
Murnin 0 matches
Hall 1 match
Grimley 1 match
Vernon 1 match
Donaghy 0 matches
tbf if its blaine hughes then its because young craven is playing extremely well for cruppen, why drop the lad.

Dougal Maguire

Club made the right decision there in my opinion
Careful now

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 29, 2019, 09:30:56 AM
Vernon 1 match

I cannot comment on the bulk of the names / games played that you have listed. However the one I have quoted is wrong.

Fuzzman

Are any of ye close to any intercounty players at the moment?
Just wondering what is the general mindset of most of them nowadays?

Are they very much loving the image and fame that goes with being a county player and no longer care about the club or does it depend on the player himself?

I know from my own club Dooher and Stevie O'Neill put a lot of effort into the club but I'm just wondering has things changed nowadays.

Ye Armagh one certainly make it sound like they are discouraged to play for their club as much as possible.
I'm not based in Tyrone any more but I get the feeling most county men have lined out a lot for their clubs since the NFL finished for 5 league games.

toby47

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 30, 2019, 11:29:00 AM

Are they very much loving the image and fame that goes with being a county player and no longer care about the club or does it depend on the player himself?

I know from my own club Dooher and Stevie O'Neill put a lot of effort into the club but I'm just wondering has things changed nowadays.

Ye Armagh one certainly make it sound like they are discouraged to play for their club as much as possible.
I'm not based in Tyrone any more but I get the feeling most county men have lined out a lot for their clubs since the NFL finished for 5 league games.

I personally couldn't speak highly enough of my own clubs county men. Great fella's and give all for the club.

Ethan Tremblay

I believe Grimley played 2 matches for Madden, so there's another one quoted that is wrong. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

ck

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 30, 2019, 11:29:00 AM

We have 3 county men. 2 are more fringe players and are key for our club. The 3rd is a key man on county team and seems to hold himself back from the club ie: Injured a lot and sits out games.
I wouldnt blame the players at all, they want to play but it's county managers that dictate everything. They also tell the county board when to have fixtures. County managers run counties these days and it's very wrong!

Throw ball

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on April 30, 2019, 11:38:18 AM
I believe Grimley played 2 matches for Madden, so there's another one quoted that is wrong.

Grimleys father is/ was club chairman. I have also seen Niall at underage matches - I am not a Madden man either.

illdecide

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 27, 2019, 12:53:24 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 17, 2019, 11:13:11 AM
Not as dead or as boring as Munster or Leinster.
Every year I met several Dubs who come up for the Ulster final as they see it as a great day out where it is usually a good game and the result is not a forgone conclusion.

I'm a bit fed up talking about the Dubs and so think Ulster still has a lot to provide in excitement and entertainment. I know most of my Dub mates USUALLY enjoy watching the Ulster championship early in the year as it's the only one with a bit of excitement and FIGHT. Mayo v Galway is usually a decent game but that's it and sure Cork have gone to hell altogether recently.

Will Armagh not be able to give it a rattle this year with a few new players breaking through and if Jamie Clarke and Soupie are given good fast ball they should take Down and could even surprise Monaghan or Cavan in the semi.
I hope Down give them a good turning over in Newry and that they get turfed out in the first round qualifiers. McGeeney is a mercenary who is bleeding the county, and therefore, the clubs dry, whilst at the same time ruining club football. A great many of the county players chose not to play club football in April in preparation for a training camp in Portugal at Easter. He never had any heed in club football himself and he's brainwashed his players into feeling the same way. He did the same in Kildare. Sooner he's gone the better

Sure if you don't know the truth then just make it up...Firstly McGeeney's salary (if thats what you want to call it) is it really paid by the Co Board? You might want to check that out. If the players choose not to play for their clubs then that's their problem, If you're a good club man you'd play and not worry about KMcG and if you're good enough he'll not drop u either way.
Hope Armagh give Down a good turning over in Newry and they get turfed out in the first round of the qualifiers as the Tyrone man cleaned out Galway and now wants Downs coin too ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

APM

Quote from: illdecide on April 30, 2019, 02:04:49 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 27, 2019, 12:53:24 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 17, 2019, 11:13:11 AM
Not as dead or as boring as Munster or Leinster.
Every year I met several Dubs who come up for the Ulster final as they see it as a great day out where it is usually a good game and the result is not a forgone conclusion.

I'm a bit fed up talking about the Dubs and so think Ulster still has a lot to provide in excitement and entertainment. I know most of my Dub mates USUALLY enjoy watching the Ulster championship early in the year as it's the only one with a bit of excitement and FIGHT. Mayo v Galway is usually a decent game but that's it and sure Cork have gone to hell altogether recently.

Will Armagh not be able to give it a rattle this year with a few new players breaking through and if Jamie Clarke and Soupie are given good fast ball they should take Down and could even surprise Monaghan or Cavan in the semi.
I hope Down give them a good turning over in Newry and that they get turfed out in the first round qualifiers. McGeeney is a mercenary who is bleeding the county, and therefore, the clubs dry, whilst at the same time ruining club football. A great many of the county players chose not to play club football in April in preparation for a training camp in Portugal at Easter. He never had any heed in club football himself and he's brainwashed his players into feeling the same way. He did the same in Kildare. Sooner he's gone the better

Sure if you don't know the truth then just make it up...Firstly McGeeney's salary (if thats what you want to call it) is it really paid by the Co Board? You might want to check that out. If the players choose not to play for their clubs then that's their problem, If you're a good club man you'd play and not worry about KMcG and if you're good enough he'll not drop u either way.
Hope Armagh give Down a good turning over in Newry and they get turfed out in the first round of the qualifiers as the Tyrone man cleaned out Galway and now wants Downs coin too ;)

Not the first time this has happened.  Accusations thrown about in the media and on here a couple of years back about specific players not playing for their clubs.  Complete lies, as I watched said players in action. 

Solo_run

Cavan 1-5
Monaghan 0-3

26 mins

Solo_run

Cavan 1-7
Monaghan 0-4

Cavan suffocating Monaghan and forcing them to make mistakes. Frustrating to watch and Monaghan do not seem be interested, living off frees.

kerryforsam19

Conor McManus and Kieran Hughes are some lads to dive and win handy frees. Expect Monaghan to up gears in second half and win game  by 4-6.