Alan Partridge - aha

Started by ziggysego, March 19, 2019, 11:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Has anyone been watching the new Alan Partridge on the BBC? This time round, he's ripping programmes like The One Show.

This scene last night, he played the part of his lookalike Martin from Sligo. Didn't expect to see this to go out on prime time BBC television.  :D

https://twitter.com/gibbogibby1/status/1107765353889910784?
Testing Accessibility

quit yo jibbajabba

Irish Alun was excellent watched it twice;

Rest of series just ok, smiling rather than laughing at him,

007 me bollix

Shamrock Shore

GET OUT YE BLACK AND TANS

Brilliant  :D

brokencrossbar1

Between this and the Brady Ham advert it shows how far the whole PC shite is being kicked back I think.  Fair fucks to Coogan....his Bloody Sunday sketch as Partridge was a cracker too

Main Street

Hereiam

The CPR scene with the sex doll last nite had me in stitches

Wildweasel74

Just seen that clip with Sligo Martin. That ending may be one of the funniest things ever put on the BBC. Likely over the head of many a English person!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hereiam on March 19, 2019, 12:20:44 PM
The CPR scene with the sex doll last nite had me in stitches
If you look carefully you'll see the sex doll has a finger sticking up. Not sure where Alan has been putting that  :o

Martin Brennan was a class character. I think there is mileage in him in future.

MoChara

The Come you black and Tans was satirising the backlash of Rod Stewart singing Grace on the BBC, Steve Coogan's a funny bollax

Main Street

Quote from: MoChara on March 21, 2019, 07:41:29 AM
The Come you black and Tans was satirising the backlash of Rod Stewart singing Grace on the BBC, Steve Coogan's a funny bollax
Rod claimed he was not allowed to sing that well known Celtic song on the BBC, how could there be a backlash?
Rod was in the GPO in 1916 and did time in Kilmainham jail afterwards.

MoChara

Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2019, 08:37:21 AM
Rod claimed he was not allowed to sing that well known Celtic song on the BBC, how could there be a backlash?

Yeah backlash was the wrong word but it surely was satire of what how singing Ra tunes on British Morning TV would look like.

Capt Pat

I have gotten  into watching youtube clips of the original knowing me knowing you with Alan Partridge series. It really is top class. There was only ever one series of that ending when he shot one of his guests on live tv. It is a shame he never brought it back as it was brilliant.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Main Street on March 21, 2019, 08:37:21 AM
Wounded in an attack on the Tans somewhere in Tipperary in 1921 if my memory serves me correctly
Careful now

ziggysego

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 02, 2019, 12:49:16 AM
I have gotten  into watching youtube clips of the original knowing me knowing you with Alan Partridge series. It really is top class. There was only ever one series of that ending when he shot one of his guests on live tv. It is a shame he never brought it back as it was brilliant.

It was good that it wasn't brought back. It allowed for a great narrative of the Alan Partridge story, seeing him fall and desperately over the years trying to crawl back to fame.

Testing Accessibility

quit yo jibbajabba

Alan in the hotel with the geordie will not be bettered 😃