The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Martin Tyler is insufferable when Liverpool are playing.

laoislad

Happy enough with the point. Started well,if they had been  a bit more clinical could of scored a few.
City came back into it and missed a few of their own so I think a draw was a fair result.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

podge

Quote from: laoislad on November 08, 2020, 07:24:16 PM
Happy enough with the point. Started well,if they had been  a bit more clinical could of scored a few.
City came back into it and missed a few of their own so I think a draw was a fair result.

Good enough result all things considered .  Thought Jota was poor, second half in particular, and Matips distribution is pretty poor. Henderson plays a big role
In games like today IMO. 

On another matter, I was surprised more was not made of the city guy who blocked a shot with his arm- the ways things are that could have been given as a pen but VAR didnt seem to lol it ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on November 08, 2020, 08:18:23 PM

Good enough result all things considered .  Thought Jota was poor, second half in particular, and Matips distribution is pretty poor. Henderson plays a big role
In games like today IMO. 

On another matter, I was surprised more was not made of the city guy who blocked a shot with his arm- the ways things are that could have been given as a pen but VAR didnt seem to lol it ?

No but I laughed out loud about it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Yes, good to have that fixture out of the way.

brokencrossbar1

Decent result and if we had been more clinical in the first 25 minutes I reckon we would have won it. Think the idea of playing all 4 of the forwards only works against weaker teams as I felt as the game went on the gaps in the MF were too big. I actually would having started Bobby and then replaced with Jota as the game wore on. Will be interesting if the PL will relook at the issues of subs being increased to 5 again. It is killing teams that have multiple games and now that players are getting injured more it is a player welfare matter. Hopefully see a change in that after the international break

laoislad

We're in a very good position when you factor in we have had a tough enough start to the season fixture wise, throw in the injuries we've had also and a few bad VAR calls going against us.
There is a decent run of fixtures between now and January.Hopefully wrap up the Champions League group in the next game and players can be then rested mid week.
I can't see anyone running away with the title like we did last season but I'd expect us to be there or thereabouts come the end.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

A very good result given the circumstances with 3 key players missing.  I thought it was very risky going with the system he did and smacked a little of trying to squeeze all 4 into the team.  Firmino is crying out for a rest, whether that means not starting or finishing the game.  Hopefully Fabinho and Thiago will be back in a couple of weeks, which will give the team a bit lift.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Dire Ear

If Fabinho ,VVD and Thiago were in that team yesterday, instead of Gomez, Gini and Firmino;  it would have formidable

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on November 09, 2020, 02:19:50 PM
If Fabinho ,VVD and Thiago were in that team yesterday, instead of Gomez, Gini and Firmino;  it would have formidable

International break gives 2 further weeks for Fab And Thiago to get fit, 2 weeks for Matip to get fitter and 2 weeks to see how Trent is. Get them back for 2 weeks times if possible. Hopefully pick up no shitty injuries in the meantime and restart. The Leicester game is a toughie to get going again so hopefully they will be rearing to go. A win there to kick on from that on top of the table

brokencrossbar1

QuoteVAR overturns (net score)

Everton +3
Sheffield United +3
Southampton +2
Arsenal +1
Aston Villa +1
Leicester +1
Man City +1
Newcastle +1
West Ham +1
Burnley 0
Crystal Palace 0
Wolves 0
Brighton -1
Chelsea -1
Leeds -1
Man United -1
West Brom -1
Fulham -2
Tottenham -3
Liverpool -4     
https://twitter.com/dalejohnsonespn/status/1325805901887008777?s=21

It's great to see that LiVARpool is working so well! 

Armamike

VAR's been a bollix this season!

Any word yet on Matip following yesterday? :P
That's just, like your opinion man.

Dire Ear

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armamike on November 09, 2020, 03:43:18 PM
VAR's been a bollix this season!

Any word yet on Matip following yesterday? :P

What do you mean any word yet?  He didn't get injured yesterday for a change. Do you meant Trent? Injury and Matip are kinda a default setting in fairness