Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Just my opinion, but I think Rochford cost that team at least one All-Ireland.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on August 27, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 06:12:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 05:55:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 04:36:34 PM
Would James Horan take the job again at some point in the future?
Is he over anyone at the moment?
Managing Wesport seniors at the moment and i can imagine he will manage Mayo seniors again in the near future.

Uhhh.. yeah, that's barely more likely than Jimmy.

Yeah and plenty thought O'Mahony,Maughan and Holmes would only manage Mayo seniors once.

None of those lads pissed off the CB and the clubs in the manner Horan did. Him coming back in the near term is close to impossible when you also consider the CB is clearly cost-costing at senior.

Hahahahaha , everyone thinks mayo are broke , I thought that too tbh just thinking this year's early exit would put serious dent in fundraising for a start.  Been told it's the complete opposite and I'm sure this time next week or there abouts it will become evident when things start to unfold . Have you seen the plans for the mayo centre of excellence ?

Everything's Rosy, Nothing to See Hereā„¢

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 07:08:15 PM

Which one Jinxy? 2016?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 27, 2018, 06:53:06 PM
Between Carnacon and this things are bad. I thought Rochford would be the man to get Mayo across the finishing line but it didn't happen. They probably need a new face anyway.

You can get all the new faces you want for a couple of years, the official decline has set in. The elder players will sit on their hands for a few weeks and see who will be the next leader. If a ''Supersaver'' version is chosen, there will be a lot of retirements. They are seasoned campaigners and know the standard at this stage.

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 27, 2018, 07:09:50 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 07:08:15 PM

Which one Jinxy? 2016?

I thought he was no tactical genius but his biggest gaffs came in matches outside the AI final (AOS as FB on an OAP Donaghy despite being unable to tackle, leaving Lee Keegan on Enda Smith at FF for most of the second half of the drawn match).

It's hard to blame him for two ridculous own goals. Maybe trusting Donie Vaughan not to be a liability? Even that is a stretch because it's not like the bench was filled with great replacements. Honestly, the manager who got that team to the precipice and shat the bed tactically was Horan, not Rochford.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: joemamas on August 27, 2018, 02:05:01 PM
In Fairness to SR, he was involved in a management team that was spot on with game plans and tactics.
We are the only team that came within an asses roar of Dublin over past two to three years.
he has given a tremendous amount of time and effort to the Mayo senior team.

People need to remember that the majority of the games we lost over the past two years, were mainly due to indiscipline and little or no luck and this year injuries. Not his fault.

Dropping his All Star goalkeeper for the replay in 2016 was hardly spot on and Kerry pushed Dublin all the way that year also. Can't crib too much about luck when Mayo stumbled into those finals under Rochford and shouldn't all well managed teams be also well disciplined?  Every team get injuries and an All Ireland contender like Mayo was should be able to cope with a few injuries better than most. The biggest problem for Rochford this year was managing an aging team with a lot of mileage on the clock and are now gone into a transition period add in the lack of support from executive committee it was probably the right time to walk away from it.

Jinxy

Starting to wonder what the Pope wrote on that jersey...

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
Starting to wonder what the Pope wrote on that jersey...

All I saw on the jersey was Francis and assumed we had finally won the approval of legendary center half back Francie Grehan! ;)

twohands!!!

58 days since the Kildare match.

County Board might be in a bit of bother in terms of securing a replacement - whoever comes in will be under serious pressure from day one.

Rossfan

2 good Mayo lads I know who could do with a fresh challenge ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

The thing is, he jumped.
He might have got a little nudge, but he jumped.
How do the players respond to this?

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 27, 2018, 07:30:29 PM
2 good Mayo lads I know who could do with a fresh challenge ;D

That they'd be so lucky as to even get an audience with the best Roscommon management team in living memory.. this is the circus you wanted to inflict on us.

Jinxy

Jack O'Connor is the man for the job.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 07:35:12 PM
Jack O'Connor is the man for the job.

Well Donie Buckley has gone so that clears that road-block  :P

Horan or Solan are he likeliest in my opinion.

From the Bunker

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 27, 2018, 07:28:18 PM
58 days since the Kildare match.

County Board might be in a bit of bother in terms of securing a replacement - whoever comes in will be under serious pressure from day one.

I actually think the opposite. When Rochford took over the aim was win an AI with what we have! There will be no such expectation with the new guy. He'll have more room to blood new players and make mistakes.