So what do ye think of the black card rule now?

Started by sligoman2, April 08, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of the black card rule

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Still undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 08:10:51 PM

From the Bunker

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 30, 2017, 09:05:57 PM

Is it illegal to tackle an opponent from behind?

I don't think so! Andy Moran always get tackled form behind. Rarely gets a free for it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

No, but it's more difficult not to actually foul in so doing.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 30, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

No, but it's more difficult not to actually foul in so doing.

Does pushing earn a black card issue, from behind or otherwise, if the player being pushed falls to the ground? 

DuffleKing

twohands!!!

QuoteGAA Black card offences are:

1 To deliberately pull down an opponent

2 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand, arm or foot

3 To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play

4 To use abusive or provocative language or gestures to players

5 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a match official.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 31, 2017, 05:39:54 PM
QuoteGAA Black card offences are:

1 To deliberately pull down an opponent

2 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand, arm or foot

3 To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play

4 To use abusive or provocative language or gestures to players

5 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a match official.

Well Holy God...when a man is in front of you and bearing down on goal, push him off-balance (he may fall to ground or maybe not) rather than pull him down and no black card!!!

macdanger2

Wtf are they on about?? Stonewall black card and exactly the kind of thing that needs to be removed from the game. It was an innocuous challenge but he was prevention the fermanagh man getting back to help his defence.

DickyRock

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 21, 2017, 10:28:34 PM
Wtf are they on about?? Stonewall black card and exactly the kind of thing that needs to be removed from the game. It was an innocuous challenge but he was prevention the fermanagh man getting back to help his defence.

Agreed. Refs are there to implement the rules. If the rules are shit then change them but to have referees apply them as they see fit is the reason that we are in the mess that we are. We can't complain about inconsistency and then demand it if other situations.

If refs did apply the rules rigidly then players/supporters would know the craic and either the rule gets obeyed or changed/binned.

tonto1888

Watching the hurling here and there's a lot of cynical fouling going on. How come there's no black card?

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 10, 2017, 07:44:36 PM
Watching the hurling here and there's a lot of cynical fouling going on. How come there's no black card?

Because there are no Pundits calling for rules changes. There are no Pundits saying anything bad about the game.

Rossfan

Because they are too manly to bother about the rules.
Occasionally th'oul ref will blow for a free to let them know he's still around
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

Now that another season is in the books, I thought I would see if opinions have changed on this.  I m still a supporter but understand the inconsistency and the frustration it brings.  There could have a few more on Sunday...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orchard park

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 20, 2017, 06:05:43 PM
Now that another season is in the books, I thought I would see if opinions have changed on this.  I m still a supporter but understand the inconsistency and the frustration it brings.  There could have a few more on Sunday...

Yeah Aidan O'Shea being the most blatant

sid waddell

The most cynical foul of the final was Philly McMahon's pull back of Cillian O'Connor for the point that put Mayo 1-14 to 1-13 up.

Yet under the rules it's not a black card card offence.

Had O'Connor not been pulled back it would have been a gilt-edged goal chance but the pull back allowed Cian O'Sullivan time to get across to cover.