Armagh vs Clare 2018 R3 AI Qualifier - Athletic Grounds

Started by Solo_run, June 25, 2018, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

A bit quiet on here with the game less than a week away.

How does everyone see this game going?

illdecide

8 yellows, 3 reds, 2 black (not being racist). Then an injury time winner in extra time from an Armagh player who should have been sent off
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Obvious

Home advantage should be a big help. Can't take Clare for granted good midfielders and forwards.

illdecide

Actually will be a really tough game, Armagh have not a great record at home but considering where Clare are coming from it is def more of a hindrance for them. Probably evenly matched in fairness and could go the wire this one...Draw? Looking forward to it TBH...Win this and get that Laois dirt would be good

yellowcard

On paper Clare would be the better side but being at home at 3pm on a Saturday must be a big advantage for Armagh. I can't imagine Clare will have any more than a couple of hundred supporters whilst Armagh will have a big support and in a tight contest, that could be the difference.

regal

Folks, is there any chat of any of the u20s being involved on Saturday. Most notably, mcquillan, Duffy or O'Neill.

Owen Brannigan

Better anywhere than the Athletic Grounds.  Maybe SKY would consider Armagh Clare instead of Kildare Mayo in Croke Park?

illdecide

Quote from: regal on June 25, 2018, 08:47:07 PM
Folks, is there any chat of any of the u20s being involved on Saturday. Most notably, mcquillan, Duffy or O'Neill.

No, they're not on the senior panel so will not be available for selection.

smelmoth

Quote from: illdecide on June 25, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

Baffling if true.

We lack a cutting edge up front. You would think having these lads available for a cameo at the very least or to have a look at them in training to see how they cut it should not be ruled out?

under the bar

Will ArmaghDieselTV be charging people £5 again to listen to Fearon but not actually see anything while the screen buffers for 70 mins? ;D

smelmoth

Quote from: under the bar on June 25, 2018, 09:48:12 PM
Will ArmaghDieselTV be charging people £5 again to listen to Fearon but not actually see anything while the screen buffers for 70 mins? ;D

No

armaghniac

Quote from: under the bar on June 25, 2018, 09:48:12 PM

Not ArmaghTVs fault you have sh i te Internet in Tyrone.

I imagine attention in Clare will be on hurling this weekend and few will travel. However, Armagh have not seen much of a home advantage of late.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Armagh tiddling along nicely. Another win on the cards here. If they draw say Laois in the next round, the Super 8s is a real possibility. That is a scary thought given their performance against Fermanagh. 

mackers

Quote from: illdecide on June 25, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

Not sure about that illdecide, is that a rule? I heard that Ross McQuillan was drafted into the senior panel last night.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.