wireless router recommendations?

Started by Over the Bar, October 28, 2008, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Need to get one for the house.  Laptop is already wireless enabled.  Can anyone recommend one or an IT website that gives free delivery to Ireland.  Cheers

Gnevin

Got a great one at home , Can't remember the name will let you know tonight.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Netgear seemingly the best - part owned by Cisco I think..

the Wireless-N is the latest wi-fi protocol so if you have a brand new laptop this is prob the one to go for (check to see if your laptop is compat with this).
Most equipment like this though is 'downwards compatible ' so it should work either way.

Over the Bar

QuoteNetgear seemingly the best - part owned by Cisco I think..

OK I see they range from £20-£100.  Whats the difference?  My house isn't huge so I'll be within 30-40ft of it at all times.

Over the Bar

fionn,

thanks but that's complete double ducth to me  :-\

make/model do u have?

Does it make any diff 54mbs, 108mbs?    is that the connection speed making it slower/faster?

cheers

Bud Wiser

PM me and I will send you one F.O.C.  (Netopia 2247G)

Edit: Sorry - Netopia 2247WG so if you PM your Address I will pop her in the post and she will be transmitting away tomorrow, good for up to 50 yards through walls and other obstructions !
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

offtheground

where'd you get the hacker at bud?

delete this post too......

Bud Wiser

PM me and I will send it to you, Its the craic, works just like an "inches to centimeters" converter, you just put in the 8 digits and bob is your uncle.  I use it all the time on my travels.

We should delete these posts  though!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

offtheground

Bud Wiser

Only sent that now OTB, up to my eyes busy all of a slap, should get it Monday, mail me if you have any problem. Also, see Netopia website they have an 0044 technical support and they will talk you through free of charge if you have any problem, use the enclosed CD and it should do everything itself.
Thanks