Netflix to TV

Started by tyrone girl, January 08, 2014, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Anyone tell me if there is a handy way of doing this. Just got it on the tablet but would be handy if could link to main tv.
I havnt a clue about these things.

Thanks in advance

WeeDonns

Loads of ways, depends what you have in the house;
Laptop via HDMI
Through an xbox, Wii, Playstation 3
Freeview/freesat boxes you can install the app on
Streaming boxes like Apple TV, Roku, Boxee, Sony Streaming Player
I've got a Raspberry Pi connected to the TV that you can watch Netflix and other TV streaming on

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 08, 2014, 09:55:57 AM
Anyone tell me if there is a handy way of doing this. Just got it on the tablet but would be handy if could link to main tv.

Thanks in advance

HDMI cable. Depending on what type of tablet you have the port on it may be a mini HDMI port in which case you'll
need an adapter cable as well.
You should be able to pick these up in a high street electrical store.

imtommygunn

Anyone know how the netflix channel works on virgin?

I assume you don't have a smart TV? Has your TV got USB? If it has USB there are maybe ways you could do this?

BenDover

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 08, 2014, 10:10:54 AM
Loads of ways, depends what you have in the house;
Laptop via HDMI
Through an xbox, Wii, Playstation 3
Freeview/freesat boxes you can install the app on
Streaming boxes like Apple TV, Roku, Boxee, Sony Streaming Player
I've got a Raspberry Pi connected to the TV that you can watch Netflix and other TV streaming on

have you tried to install XBMC on your Raspberry Pi?

Walter Cronc

No idea how Netflix works. For instance say a new boxset came out, do they release one episode a week or upload them all straight away??

tyrone girl

I actually have no clue what any of this means  :o. I dont have a notion about cables, adaptors, ports etc.

Any advice for someone like me whos thick in terms of these things  :-[

nrico2006

Can it be done via a blu-ray player?  Funny this topic came uo, was just thinking about this yesterday.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Thanks in advance

Best way is to check if your TV has a HDMI port, then find out which type of cable would be required from your Tablet to TV.

Just watch though as I have done this in the past with different Tablets and some have found that the picture is small on the widescreen TV.

imtommygunn

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 08, 2014, 10:25:28 AM
Can it be done via a blu-ray player?  Funny this topic came uo, was just thinking about this yesterday.

Yeah - I've a blu ray player you can get netflix through.

tyrone girl

Quote from: NAG1 on January 08, 2014, 10:40:36 AM

Thanks in advance

Best way is to check if your TV has a HDMI port, then find out which type of cable would be required from your Tablet to TV.

Just watch though as I have done this in the past with different Tablets and some have found that the picture is small on the widescreen TV.

How would i know if it has a HDMI port? Its only a new tv so can i presume it does?  Do i have to physically link the tablet to tv? Tv is quite high up on wall. Is there any way of wirelessly connecting?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 08, 2014, 10:20:39 AM
No idea how Netflix works. For instance say a new boxset came out, do they release one episode a week or upload them all straight away??

They have a catalogue and they basically choose what way to do it.

I find it limited enough for movies but quite good for tv series(es).

They do it differently depending on the show. e.g. Breaking Bad got a new episode on per week as did Dexter while house of cards is coming out all at once. (House of Cards is exclusive to netflix though so I guess on a popular tv series they put on an episode a week when it is shown in the states.)

-------------------
TG if it's new check if it's a smart TV. If it's new you're more or less guaranteed to have a HDMI port. If you have a smart TV it's easy - you'll just have to press a few buttons.

What make is it?

tyrone girl

It isnt a smart tv. Its goodmans 32 inch just for me bedroom.

tyrone girl

laoislad

No need for anyone to be paying for netflix imo well anyone with a Android device that is.

If you have a Android device(phone,tablet,TV dongle/box) download 1mobile market.apk and install a app called ShowBox.
It's as good if not better than Netflix and it's free.!

There is also XBMC but Showbox is better for movies and tv series imo.

For free live sports download an app called Torrent Stream Controller from the Google Play Store and install ACE Stream engine and you will have any sporting event you need. All you need is a good wifi connection and a Android device.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.