Portadown Train Station

Started by tyrone girl, January 24, 2013, 11:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Anyone know what the parking situation is like over here? We going for 2 nights to Dublin and wanted to leave the car at the train station on the friday afternoon. Whats the chances of it being full at this time and if so where else could we park that would be safe to leave the car for 2 nights.

Orior

After an overnight stay in Dublin I had a window smashed at the train station car park a couple of years ago.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyrone girl

Not nice to come home to!. Still gonna have to park at it though  :-\
Any other advice on the parking situation?

Harold Disgracey

No chance of getting a space at the station, the car park would be full before 8am. You would be better off parking down the Tunnel (Obin Street) or Park Road. You should be safe enough there.

T Fearon

Portadown Train Station is undergoing major refurbishment works, so car parking there may be restricted or even non existent at the moment. Would ordinarily have been safe enough, cameras installed etc.

If I was you, I'd head on down and catch the train in Newry, where there's ample safe parking space at Newry's (Relatively new) station.

BennyCake

You would be very very lucky to get a parking space in either of the two car parks (beside the traffic lights near Haldane Fisher). Anytime I've managed to park there, it's usually not in a proper space, but squeezed into the end of a row, while still allowing cars to get in and out of the car park.

I've left the car overnight a few times without any problems.

I'm not sure the number of parking spaces will increase when the new station is completed though.

tyrone girl

Frig that anyway not sure what to do now. Dont fancy heading to newry, i cant even think where the other car parks are that your talking about. Is there any point in ringing the train station to ask them what to do re parking? Presume that will be a waste of time

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 24, 2013, 02:17:42 PM
Frig that anyway not sure what to do now. Dont fancy heading to newry, i cant even think where the other car parks are that your talking about. Is there any point in ringing the train station to ask them what to do re parking? Presume that will be a waste of time
What time are you parking at? There are free spaces opposite the station in Magowan Buildings which would assume are covered by CCTV.

tyrone girl

See we arent really bothered about what time we go was thinking of the 14.41 train or 16.41 or 18.41 not really bothered bout which one we go on to be honest.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2013, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 24, 2013, 02:17:42 PM
What time are you parking at? There are free spaces opposite the station in Magowan Buildings which would assume are covered by CCTV.

There are no more free spaces in the Magowan car park. I park on Obins Street every day and have left the car there overnight a few times, you'll be grand leaving the car there as long as it doesn't have any Tyrone or Union Jack stickers on it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&q=obins+street+portadown&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x4860efd029f85b7b:0x29d97da65c5626b8,Obins+St,+Portadown,+Craigavon&gl=uk&sa=X&ei=jmUBUeG0JIeW0QXOrIDoDA&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA

T Fearon

Once got my car robbed in Magowan Buildings park,and that was only parking for a few hours while attending a meeting one night.

Harold don't know about parking overnight in Park Road/ Tunnel,You've had a good experience but I wouldn't risk it.

If the Newry option's out,is High St Mall carpark available for overnight parking?

Harold, help the girl and let her park at your house.My abode is too far out of town to make the offer.

Will not be a great weekend unless the car is parked in a secure spot.

Tony Baloney

If you head to the station after 4pm you should have the pick of the spots as the civil servants "working" in Belfast will be long gone by that stage.

Dougal Maguire

Why don't you just drive to Dublin. Given that your car is usually full to the neck with red diesel it would be the cheaper option, unless of course you have some scam for free train travel as well
Careful now