Bravest footballer

Started by Jinxy, April 30, 2007, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Watching Darren Fay diving around the place yesterday, with eyes only for the ball got me thinking. Around the counties, who would be considered the bravest player? I'm not talking about being big or intimidating (or dirty), I mean the type of lad that goes in for the ball without holding back, even though he knows there's a good chance he'll come a cropper. Current or past players are all acceptable. Paddy Reynolds was another Meath player with no regard for his own safety. Watching the Meath-Kildare game on TG4 a couple of weeks ago he got rightly clobbered by Glen Ryan as he was going down to pick up a ball. Came back on again a few minutes later even though he was concussed! Hardy little b*ll*x. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maximus Marillius

Current Derry midfielder Fergal Doherty and excorner back Kieran Mc Keever

stpauls

aontroim abu

TORGAEL

mouview

Bravest / most foolhardy hurler possibly Brendan Lynskey (+ honourable mention to Mike Coleman )

Carmen Stateside

Football - Conor Gormley Tyrone

Hurling- Ciaran Carey Limerick

Drumanee 1

johnny mcgurk,like him or love him by god he was brave,remeber one time in a club match he could not get his hands out to block a goal bound shot so he stuck his head in front of the ball and got a cracked skull for his trouble

Syd The Sailor

"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

rootthemout

francie bellew without doubt.gets a lot of stick for the wrong reasons,as hard and fair as i have seen.

5 Sams

Quoteas hard and fair as i have seen.

Aye right
The Aristocrat Years

screenmachine

fergal doc...havent seen him come out of 50/50 on the wrong side and we all remember that tackle! against donegal last year.  also at the sevens last year i think it was an riocht they were playin when he scattered three men in a row and held onto possession in the process!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

blanketattack

Ethan Edwards

Johnny McGurk - you couldnt like him if you rared him, but he was a brave wee hor
That'll Be The Day