Whatever happened to...

Started by BennyCake, April 25, 2015, 05:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 27, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
Ronan Clarke, I thought I heard he was making a comeback a few years ago.

Each comeback seems to be undone by yet another potentially career threatening injury. Fair play to the fella though - he seems determined to comeback and I note that he is featuring prominently for Pearse Og in the league recently - probably his best run in quite some number of years.

I've said it before - one of our greatest ever players. He was some loss to Armagh in the period since 2009.

Superb player and great ball winner from any type of ball into the FF line.

rrhf

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 27, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
Ronan Clarke, I thought I heard he was making a comeback a few years ago.

Each comeback seems to be undone by yet another potentially career threatening injury. Fair play to the fella though - he seems determined to comeback and I note that he is featuring prominently for Pearse Og in the league recently - probably his best run in quite some number of years.

I've said it before - one of our greatest ever players. He was some loss to Armagh in the period since 2009.
Ronan Clarke won an Ai at 19.  He had the world in his hands.  His trouble with injuries and lack of subsequent game time does not take away from his brilliance.   A really exciting player in top gear.

BennyCake

The charity match between the new AI champions and the rest of Ireland, played the week after the All Ireland final?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2015, 08:16:34 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 26, 2015, 01:33:20 PM
Declan McCrossan?

I well remember his performance against us in Clones in 2001 - he was brilliant that day and looked a real star of the future. Did he not essentially lose his place through injury to Philip Jordan?

Deccy was always an independent thinker and his own man. I remember him at school when he had a moustache long before anyone else and no one at school would tell him to get rid of it.  I think he had to go to England to do teacher training and put life before football. Fair play to him.