Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: Simon Says on June 06, 2011, 05:05:15 PM
Apparently he is joining. To take up fashion in belfast, as plans fell through in dublin. As if st galls need to get any stronger, suppose if he can win an all ireland at club level, he will have the complete set.

He already has an All-Ireland at club level.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

DearyMe

You have an inside track then Colonel Mustard? ;D

No not surprising at all!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

bloodybreakball

Gerard O' Boyle back on panel/team?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2011, 08:30:08 AM
Quote from: Simon Says on June 06, 2011, 05:05:15 PM
Apparently he is joining. To take up fashion in belfast, as plans fell through in dublin. As if st galls need to get any stronger, suppose if he can win an all ireland at club level, he will have the complete set.

He already has an All-Ireland at club level.

Junior.

He's on his way and maybe available for the Championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Westmeath at home - draw could be a lot worse.

Noticed in sunday game highlights that Dessie Dolan is back and looking sharp. Dolan and Glennon will be hard to watch but westmeath defence / midfield look pretty poor.

I'd say Westmeath would be favourites but hopefully it's a game we can get a result from.

Pity it couldn't be a double header for all involved.

AQMP

Yeah itg...by no means the worst draw for Antrim.  At home is a bit of a boost but we've a shocking record in the qualifiers.  Westmeath maybe slight favourites but this game is winnable.

DearyMe

Shay Given, Kevin Kilbane and Paul Galvin! ::) all spotted in Belfast at the weekend!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

AQMP

Quote from: DearyMe on June 13, 2011, 10:11:23 AM
Shay Given, Kevin Kilbane and Paul Galvin! ::) all spotted in Belfast at the weekend!!!

OK, Given in goal, Kilbane at full back and Galvin at centre forward and we can take Westmeath!

Milltown Row2

Galvin spotted in O'Neill's sports shop.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Joxer_man

Cargin are going very strong this year, could be set for a headon collision with st galls come championship final, things could be different. . .

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Joxer_man on June 16, 2011, 12:30:21 AM
Cargin are going very strong this year, could be set for a headon collision with st galls come championship final, things could be different. . .
I've heard that before.

imtommygunn

The games the last 2 years have been nothing short of a waste of time and money for the neutrals to see. They were light years behind. I find it hard to see how that gap can be plugged so quickly.

bloodybreakball

i think there is four or five youngish players on the cargin team who have established themselves and have made them into a more complete team in that they are arguably strong/stronger in every position. marty kane in half back, john carron in midfield and james laverty in half-forward are strong and fergal johnston as a thrid midfielder is a good footballer and working hard like the rest of them.
anybody tht seen cargin play against creggan couldnt be anything but impressed with the way the played. strong and very fast, moving the ball well.
when they play st. galls its hard to know how theyll do, playing st. galls in casement is wee buns because there is so much space and st galls know how to use it, cargin also have a fairly bad record in the championship certainnly in terms of performance as they sometimes dont show up or play to their potential.
for the neutral, pre-championship, cargin look to be showing good form going in which is gd news for the neutral but i suppose it's naive to forget how strong st galls are and the experience they have of winning big games.

hope the county perform well on sat. and get a result, addition of loughrey and g o boyle will hopefully improve the team, loughreys bound to start.
does anybody want to hazard a guess at the team?
were the seniors hammered by meath in breffni??

bloodybreakball

jaysus!!
there was craic the bus landed late to Breffni park
is andy mc clean far away from fitness

wherefromref

Cargin shouldn't be looking past the first round just yet bloodybreakball, I hear Rasharkin are playing well and could cause them plenty of problems.