Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 17, 2023, 04:05:23 PM
I don't get why reserve was moved to Sunday, I thought it was working really well on Friday nights , must be some reason for it but it's beyond me

Some clubs were fielding stronger teams on days their 'seniors' were not playing?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2023, 04:25:38 PM
I don't get why reserve was moved to Sunday, I thought it was working really well on Friday nights , must be some reason for it but it's beyond me

Some clubs were fielding stronger teams on days their 'seniors' were not playing?
Refs looking a pint on Friday nights ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 17, 2023, 04:39:09 PM

Be other games on no doubt... plenty dissatisfied Gaels will no doubt be applying for the ref's course which starts soon at Davitt's club..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2023, 05:15:39 PM

Be other games on no doubt... plenty dissatisfied Gaels will no doubt be applying for the ref's course which starts soon at Davitt's club..

The one on the falls Road or up the hill ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 17, 2023, 05:57:01 PM

Up the hill I hope, though doing the course on the pub would be fun lol

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2023, 06:34:39 PM

It's in the bar on the Falls Rd

Belfast GAA man

it's on the falls road so they have told you the wrong place  ;)

paddyjohn

Having a refs course in the middle of the city. That'll inspire the south west & north Antrim ones to appear. 😉

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 17, 2023, 08:11:18 PM

it's on the falls road so they have told you the wrong place  ;)

Jesus, it's probably 15 years since I did the first course. Beechmount is Falls rd too  :D

As for where it's been gone.. it's always Antrim, Dunsilly. No harm Belfast the odd time

BrendanAntrim

This could be an accurate prediction from The Irish Times on our game today. Would a draw be a good outcome - take a point back up the road and then target later games for safety?

Tipperary v Antrim, Semple Stadium, 6.0: It has been a difficult start to the year for Tipperary, with opening round defeats to Down and Cavan, and, more significantly, a season-ending cruciate injury to Conor Sweeney. The loss of the 2020 All Star forward is huge, especially as Michael Quinlivan is not involved either. But Antrim lost both of their games as well, to Offaly and Down respectively. Both teams will see this as an opportunity to light the flame on what has been a slow-burning season. But the fear of losing again could lead to stalemate. Verdict: Draw

ardtole

Having seen both teams play v Down this year, I'd fancy Antrim to sneak it, home advantage for Tipp is a big leveller but I thought Antrim were very impressive v Down.

I think Tipp could struggle against the Antrim ff, he is a right handful. Note of caution, I stuck Antrim on my accum, usually doesn't go too good.

imtommygunn

If we can beat Longford and Fermanagh then a point ok but no guarantee on those two either especially with Longford away.  What would keep you safe here? Four points? Tbh I think a must win.

Ardtole a defeat would be on you  ;D

Sportacus

Tonight is the classic fixture where in previous years Antrim fall flat on their face.  Hopefully Andy McEntee can give the lads the belief to push on and win a long way from home. He seems to like a big physical team. Can't argue with that.

BrendanAntrim

Last time I remember going down to Tipp for football match was 2012 qualifier? Think we had just beaten Galway in Casement the week before. Big Antrim support at that game and we really should have beaten them to go deep into the qualifier series. Mick McCann missed a goal chance late on by centimetres, it finished something like 11-9, a narrow, frustrating loss. Hopefully fortunes reversed tonight