Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 17, 2016, 09:12:56 AM
Very disappointed that the minor game was called off. Bus booked, team meals booked etc all had to be cancelled last moment. the fellas were all on the bus and ready to go.

Now wednesday night at either the Dub, ballymena or Ahoghill.

What happens from a financial perspective in those situations does anyone know? Do deposits get compensated if there are any?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Im not sure but i think from talking to the managers last night they should get sorted ok. Its not ideal at all. i got a call at a quarter to 11 to confirm that the game was off for social media notices.

Maybe when they select a venue next time they will chose a pitch thats capable to taking two matches in October. Now it means lads taking time out of work, some are working away from home and now have to stay at home all week now. its the same for both teams.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jeepers Creepers

In fairness the rain storms yesterday morning in the West were almost biblical.

angermanagement

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 17, 2016, 10:30:01 AM
Im not sure but i think from talking to the managers last night they should get sorted ok. Its not ideal at all. i got a call at a quarter to 11 to confirm that the game was off for social media notices.

Maybe when they select a venue next time they will chose a pitch thats capable to taking two matches in October. Now it means lads taking time out of work, some are working away from home and now have to stay at home all week now. its the same for both teams.

The pitch was in very good condition and probably could've coped with the two matches.

Milltown Row2

Are you serious? the rain was mental, and no ground (when pitch inspection was carried out) was able to take 2 games, as it panned out the weather was fine and corrigan's pitch held up well, as you'd expect
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Aw i know that JC and theres not a lot can be done about bad rain. Its frustrating for everyone.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: angermanagement on October 17, 2016, 10:52:34 AM

The pitch was in very good condition and probably could've coped with the two matches.

Im seeing now that the Mageean Cup semi final games are going ahead on tuesday now??? are they expecting the minor final not to be played weds now?
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Danske Bank Mageean Cup Semifinals are now back ON 2mora (Tuesday) @ 2.30pm in Ballymena and St Enda's because Antrim Minor Final is off.

https://twitter.com/ulsterschools/status/787956552955289600

Could that tweet be any more vague
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hectic

I thought the pitch held out pretty well myself especially considering the rain that fell from Saturday.  Hard to know - could probably have taken the two games but was it a chance worth taking - imagine the furore had the pitch been cut to bits for the showpiece game. 

I think that St Galls are certainly on a slow decline - Cargin were really good value for their win and have had sterner tests along the way this year while St Galls looked every bit an ageing team.  It is really up to the likes of Creggan, Lamh Dhearg, St Johns and a few others to show some belief next season on to move us away from the duopoly we have had now for near enough a generation but one which has given us maybe the finest team to grace Antrim football.

stiffler

Why the rush to play the minor final mid week? Would it not be more suitable to play it some weekend in daylight ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: AntrimRealist on October 17, 2016, 09:22:34 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 16, 2016, 10:43:21 PM
To be fair to Chris Kerr the penalty was saved rather than missed. if memory serves well it was a great save too.

Minor final to be played on Wednesday night, which suggests Ahoghill as venue - Queens would be ideal but for whatever reason we don't play games there. Thought maybe the two games could be played at separate venues today, given the weather and the forecast a double header was off the cards.

John Brennan's comments in the Irish news are as arrogant as you can get. I didn't see him falling over himself to take the Cargin job when St Galls were at their peak. To suggest Cargin are too good for Antrim is an insult. Hopefully the Tyrone champions will put them in their place
Think ur last comment underlines the real sentiment contained within the comment u make............ur eyes are possibly a darker shade of green than the Cargin top.............

Spike

Whats the assessment of this St Galls team?  A tired old team with too many miles on the clock or have they enough in them for a decent crack next year? They looked a bit lost up front until CJ came on.

Cargin played the game very intelligently, got the sensible scores with the wind at their backs and protected that despite being down to 14 men early in the 2nd half.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: stiffler on October 17, 2016, 12:49:40 PM
Why the rush to play the minor final mid week? Would it not be more suitable to play it some weekend in daylight ?

U21 championship is this weekend, saturday away to Cargan for ourselves. I would assume that would have to be pushed back if they wanted to play sat.

Also its been a month and a half since the semi finals for both teams. Thats a ridiculous time to have to wait to play after a semi final.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 17, 2016, 01:54:42 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 17, 2016, 12:49:40 PM

U21 championship is this weekend, saturday away to Cargan for ourselves. I would assume that would have to be pushed back if they wanted to play sat.

Also its been a month and a half since the semi finals for both teams. Thats a ridiculous time to have to wait to play after a semi final.

Would it of suited your dual minors who also play senior to play it inside that 6 weeks?

AntrimRealist

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 17, 2016, 01:01:21 PM
Quote from: AntrimRealist on October 17, 2016, 09:22:34 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 16, 2016, 10:43:21 PM
To be fair to Chris Kerr the penalty was saved rather than missed. if memory serves well it was a great save too.

Minor final to be played on Wednesday night, which suggests Ahoghill as venue - Queens would be ideal but for whatever reason we don't play games there. Thought maybe the two games could be played at separate venues today, given the weather and the forecast a double header was off the cards.

John Brennan's comments in the Irish news are as arrogant as you can get. I didn't see him falling over himself to take the Cargin job when St Galls were at their peak. To suggest Cargin are too good for Antrim is an insult. Hopefully the Tyrone champions will put them in their place
Think ur last comment underlines the real sentiment contained within the comment u make............ur eyes are possibly a darker shade of green than the Cargin top.............

Absolutely not-hats off to Cargin however their manager's comments are both insulting and daft-unless of course he thinks the county boundaries should be redrawn