Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

The Johnnies come good in the end........what a come back.

themac_23

Whens the leagues starting, is it last weekend in March?

SaffronHeart

6th March for division 3 anyway as the fixtures are out. Quite early, county board could have given more notice

Gizzy15

Quote from: SaffronHeart on February 11, 2016, 10:16:56 AM
The Cat has got gizzys toungue it seems

no, just haven't logged in for a few days. and no, Aggies don't  have to book their council owned pitch. more like a long term lease, they pay for and manage the upkeep of the ground, fencing ball catchers and cutting the pitch etc. a yearly fee i think, but work for both parties.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 22, 2016, 08:49:51 AM
Quote from: SaffronHeart on February 11, 2016, 10:16:56 AM
The Cat has got gizzys toungue it seems

no, just haven't logged in for a few days. and no, Aggies don't  have to book their council owned pitch. more like a long term lease, they pay for and manage the upkeep of the ground, fencing ball catchers and cutting the pitch etc. a yearly fee i think, but work for both parties.

Been a few years since I've been at Woodlands but I always remember how well presented and maintained the pitch was. Only thing was the trek from the changing rooms!! lol

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: themac_23 on February 21, 2016, 09:43:01 AM
Whens the leagues starting, is it last weekend in March?

Wed 6th April last I heard
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

SaffronHeart

I dare say it works more for the Aggies than both parties as Aggies are the only ones with access to the pitch. Strange Eire og, St. John's and Mitchell's have to go through a booking process as you said yourself.

themac_23

Quote from: SaffronHeart on February 22, 2016, 04:28:03 PM
I dare say it works more for the Aggies than both parties as Aggies are the only ones with access to the pitch. Strange Eire og, St. John's and Mitchell's have to go through a booking process as you said yourself.

TBF i agree with Grizzy, As far as i know aggies actually have a groundsman who looks after their pitch and do all the maintenance to it as well as supplying the catch nets etc. if you seriously have a gripe with a club who are trying to secure their own grounds for their teams to compete on then i dont know. I'm sure if the clubs you mentioned went with a viable proposal to the council it would be considered too.

SaffronHeart

The gripe I have is with Grizzys initial comment in regards to Eire og especially as he knows well they use it more than Mitchell's or St. John's and historically have had more juveniles than his own club although they are amalagamated at juvenile underage nowadays. Other clubs have in fact went with plans to the county about provision of pitches, just felt his initial comments smacked of begrudgery

bannside

So the master fixture list for the year is completed. Let the games begin!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

stiffler

Quote from: bannside on February 22, 2016, 06:52:10 PM
So the master fixture list for the year is completed. Let the games begin!

What's the confirmed Start dates for div 1 & 2?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Sunday 10th April starts div 1 and 2 football, Stiffler. Their reserve teams are out a few weeks before that.

stiffler

Quote from: bannside on February 23, 2016, 07:44:02 AM
Sunday 10th April starts div 1 and 2 football, Stiffler. Their reserve teams are out a few weeks before that.

Cheers BS
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009