Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2014, 11:29:55 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/his-wife-their-kids-their-life-these-are-his-all-stars-29929308.html

Anto finnegan interview with paul kimmage.

A good read. Very sad.

Brilliant read. Very, very sad but what an inspiration and such a brilliant outlook on life for whatever length of time he has left.

I hope they've made some sort of misdiagnosis for everyone's sake.

Fair play Anto.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on January 20, 2014, 12:04:38 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2014, 11:29:55 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/his-wife-their-kids-their-life-these-are-his-all-stars-29929308.html

Anto finnegan interview with paul kimmage.

A good read. Very sad.

Brilliant read. Very, very sad but what an inspiration and such a brilliant outlook on life for whatever length of time he has left.

I hope they've made some sort of misdiagnosis for everyone's sake.

Fair play Anto.

Very tough, his positivity is great to see, played the 7's tournament at their club and just like Anto it was very competitive, was talking to his brother the other day, he's helping with the bike event to Dublin over 300 people have so far signed up for this!! Hopefully a large amount of money will be raised
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Top man Anto - his courage is inspirational. One of the most popular Antrim players ever, especially amongst his peers and fellow county players. Pound for pound one of our best.

As a gesture of our appreciation it would be good if we could all get a chance to contribute to his charity DeterDMD at some stage, in some way. Anto = Legend.

country bumpkin

So Niall Mc Keever is to captain the Saffron's this year..........

country bumpkin

Where have all the pundits gone? Sure I wouldn't hear a thing if it wasn't for all the good souls who keep me up to date on all things Saffron.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 29, 2014, 08:08:08 PM
Where have all the pundits gone? Sure I wouldn't hear a thing if it wasn't for all the good souls who keep me up to date on all things Saffron.
The Rock
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2014, 08:15:57 PM

The Rock
Well that sure would be news............. but are u suggesting that those like residents of the hallowed ground at Milltown take of intoxicating drink. Naw that is too far fetched even for a culchie......................

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 29, 2014, 11:03:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2014, 08:15:57 PM

The Rock
Well that sure would be news............. but are u suggesting that those like residents of the hallowed ground at Milltown take of intoxicating drink. Naw that is too far fetched even for a culchie......................

Not one drop till we win the championship!!

country bumpkin

Another one......................sure that would just be greedy. ;)

Milltown Row2

Those lads are greedy feckers, Cargin will be a lot better next year, the draw should be interesting, I wonder will we be in separate sides!!?

AQMP

Antrim team to play Leitrim this Sunday

1.  Chris Kerr (St Gall's)

2.  Kevin O'Boyle (Cargin)
3.  Martin Johnston (Creggan)
4.  Justin Crozier (Cargin)

5.  Tony Scullion (Cargin)
6.  Mark Sweeney (St Jude's, Dublin)
7.  James Laverty (Cargin)

8.  Michael McCann (Cargin)
9.  Niall McKeever (Portglenone, c)

10.  Conor Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
11.  Michael Pollock (St Gall's)
12.  Paddy Kelly (Portglenone)

13.  Paddy Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14.  Benny Hasson (Rasharkin)
15.  Ronan McGrady (St Brigid's)

AQMP

It'll be interesting to see how Niall McKeever goes this year after his stint in Oz

imtommygunn

Interesting team - is CJ injured?

Hasson in full forward as a target man I assume.

AQMP

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
Interesting team - is CJ injured?

Hasson in full forward as a target man I assume.

I think I saw on Twitter the other day that CJ was an injury doubt.  Yeah, I suppose Hasson is in there to win ball...draw a free then Paddy knocks it over and we win 0-10 (9 frees) - 0-9 ;)