Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddog

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2013, 02:25:03 PM
Fully agree with the sentiments as expressed by the cracken.............saw what went on on amongst the spectators post that u-21 semi replay and the fact that the player who provoked those scenes had his suspension rescinded is deplorable.........i

Interesting, the ulster council had nothing to do with the suspension. Secondly there is no charge of provocation and more to the point are you saying that you deserve suspensions or beating for over exuberance and celebrating a tense win over two great games. Does Davy Fitz deserve suspensions for his celebrations? If you know nothing say nothin

bannside

I wasnt at Glenavy so tbh I cant comment on what happened there. If  there is no such charge as celebrating in a way that is likely to cause provocation then thats fair enough.

Portglenone are wanting to play your fullest possible team today to see where we stand in our 5 year re-development programme which is in mid -term. Hopefully we get a good clean sporting game which is remembered for the right reasons.

Could be a cracker. Come on da Casements.

jftj

Quote from: thecracken on November 23, 2013, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: jftj on November 23, 2013, 03:38:10 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 22, 2013, 04:31:13 PM
Not at all surprised to hear that the only player suspended from the 'battle on chapel hill' after he under-21 semi has had his suspension removed/lifted to enable him to play in the final.............seems the colour of the shirt and having friends in high places does matter. ;)
HAHA-'the battle on chapel hill" where exactly  0 punches or kicks were thrown.f**k me I,d like to see what you would call a real battle.by the way the ulster council overturned the ridiculous suspensions from the first game.they just laugh their balls off at wee joe and the boys.now that was a WAR-I think I saw 3 punches in that one.Savagery at its worst.on a side note has wee joe ever not got a suspension overturned that went to ulster council(I know we,ve always won ours)

You seem to delight in the fact that Ulster Council overturned the decisions! I spoke with an UC coach yesterday who was telling me about what went on, I personally think its disgusting, what your club members said allegedly at the meeting and how lads characters where presented, Ill tell you one thing, if that was done on any other platform it wouldn't be allowed.

I was at the game, I heard the abuse, I moved three times because of it and I witnessed the altercations, which again I have said I have seen a lot worse, however the fact remains that people on the day behaved disgracefully and should hold their hands up and have the B***s to take what's coming. You haven't at any time condemned their behaviour which to be honest is more concerning to me.
It has proved that it is who you know at UC and who can work the system, however clubs need to be aware that a poacher come game keeper role can always bite you in the ass! I am amazed and shocked to hear that a Referee that was present submitted a statement allegedly against the referee on the day, my own opinion on the day was he referred what was a great game, like everyone present I was bewildered by the abandonment, however I cant believe that one referee would challenge another, the lad from UC says that it has shocked even some of the senior UC officials who have viewed it in a very dim light, dirty stroke their imo, that's like one team mate stiffing another. Anyway I don't agree with what has gone on and if that's the future of our games in Antrim then its time I found an alternative sport.
ulster council are there to make sure things are done fairly.You can't just throw suspensions around like confetti for no reason.Thank god somebody can check the powers of our own 'little hitlers' because these people seem to think they can do whatever they want.FACT-the first game us v LD,the referree stated that he heard a johnnies man abusing him then looked over and identified him.when asked what side of the pitch he was on ,he did not know.I kid you not,I am serious here.I know it sounds like a comedy sketch but this really did happen.Now if you were on the ulster council how could you uphold this suspension.There is talent in this county which can be gauged by Rossa and endas winning mcgirr tourney;LD winning ulster minor;Rossa and ourselves winning feile,s but it's getting flushed down the drain by "our men in power".

jftj

As far as condemning actions ,I was behind goals(club end) so cannot condemn what I didn't see.Unlike the ref who saw and heard everything but just couldn't remember what side it came from(Jesus he should have just flipped a coin)

jftj

Quote from: reddog on November 24, 2013, 03:04:53 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2013, 02:25:03 PM
Fully agree with the sentiments as expressed by the cracken.............saw what went on on amongst the spectators post that u-21 semi replay and the fact that the player who provoked those scenes had his suspension rescinded is deplorable.........i

Interesting, the ulster council had nothing to do with the suspension. Secondly there is no charge of provocation and more to the point are you saying that you deserve suspensions or beating for over exuberance and celebrating a tense win over two great games. Does Davy Fitz deserve suspensions for his celebrations? If you know nothing say nothin
the over exuberance went a bit far and if Davy fitz had used the words he would never have managed a team again but I do agree with you that it was a spur of the moment thing from a young lad who was relieved to get 'over the line'.Thank god there was enough calm heads in the crowd to make sure it passed off peacefully.I,d like to wish LD all the best in the final and hope they win it;after 2fine games and all the shit they,ve been put through,I think they deserve it.Portglenone will be no easy touch and I think this game will go right to the wire.

country bumpkin

Aye right jftj, we all believe you and are quite content that the sentiments u do express are not in any way coloured by bias........of course that 'nice wee lad' was just in celebratory mode and nothing more..................who do u think u are kidding....was at the game and that 'nice wee lad' provoked what occured in the midst of the assembly which brought little credit to those involved in the unseemly affair(which u didn't see i presume), and fully deserved the suspension. Now the fact that a couple of those who passed the suspensions gave evidence in his favour to ensure he could play in the final speaks volumes on the failings within Antrim and the town/country split and fully underlines the fact that we are going nowhere.
Remember what happened to rasharkin a couple of years back and consider the sanctions passed against (with those pair who gave evidence to support your wrong doings deeply involved) which were obviously contrived in a design to put the st marys men out of existence.
Your wee lamhs have been central to quite a bit of controversy over the recent past but they seemed blessed with a guardian angel within and indeed with the undoubted services of good old houdini.

reddog

The same wee boy country bumpkin whose name you are trying to sully, was charged with striking. Apparently not one witness said he struck. If you watched the game you will see that he was struck several times, deserved or not but once that was thrown out , as apparently the report was inaccurate in many ways, you are proposing he be banned for cheering to the crowd? No such charge exists

reddog

Ps are you inferring that Lamh dhearg had any blame in the rasharkin incident?

country bumpkin

Not making any inferences reddog just underlining the fact that discipline in Antrim is hugely dependant on the colour of the jersey and this has always been evident. Those bad boys from the country deserve all they get.............and they usually get it right in the neck.

reddog

I think you are right ..but actually think our lad was tarred with wrong brush, he was wrong but some of abush he took from hill was scandalous . He took his beating apologised to the St. John's team. Apparently it was solely aimed at the hill, the case didn't stand up.

culchie11

Congrats bannside and all involved with casements u21s!

Hate to say I told u so but goals win games and I knew casements had it a few in their team!

Great team who are all as honest as the day is long and wud give everything for each other!

bannside

The Gerry Cullen Cup for Antrim U21 champions is now officially sitting right the middle of the mantlepiece. With Yellow and Black ribbons on it too.

YEEHAA. Up the Casements.

Meal for squad in the Wild Duck, followed by a happy hour in Pats before back to the social club which will be mental. Feel free to join us!

country bumpkin

The mother of all comebacks bannside...............fair play to your lads on a stupendous win, and the Gerry Cullen cup returns to the south west again...............must like the air down here has been on a visit 7 out the last 8 years............

ManInBlackandGreen

I hear the referee concerned in support of the Johnies appeal descibed himself as a "Senior Experienced Referee in Antrim", me thinks he, ll need all that in the coming months, it will be hard to walk into a changing room in the future knowing he could give you one in the back if with his vast experience in "Antrim"! you had a stinker.Real dirty sleeked stroke, don't think the UC officials are the only ones taking a dim view. All the best "T"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 24, 2013, 05:36:17 PM
I hear the referee concerned in support of the Johnies appeal descibed himself as a "Senior Experienced Referee in Antrim", me thinks he, ll need all that in the coming months, it will be hard to walk into a changing room in the future knowing he could give you one in the back if with his vast experience in "Antrim"! you had a stinker.Real dirty sleeked stroke, don't think the UC officials are the only ones taking a dim view. All the best "T"

Was it a Johnnies ref?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea