Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: Simon Says on April 09, 2013, 11:08:35 AM
Glens its a bit harsh on mc gourty we could do with him and his brother at the minute if were honest, and to be honest i agree with the players in this situation, what was wrong with tomas and tony meeting the team at the four seasons?
Northern Light thats a bit much and an attack on st galls, the exact same thing happens in armagh with crossmaglen and the county team. It wasnt their fault they had success with their club and baker recognised that they are the best players in antrim and put them back into the team.
The bottom line is, we are in a bad state of affairs at the minute and if tomas, tony and michael arent going to be available then we need to try and get the best out of the players we have or try hard to get some of these st galls players back on board.

Don't get me wrong Simon I would love to have committed McGourtys and McCanns playing for Antrim,but just think we now have to move on without them and hope we can find enough county players with commitment who can get us out of the mess we are now in.

manballandall

Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: Simon Says on April 09, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
My worst fears have been confirmed  :-[ back page of todays irish news.

What is it with these Antrim players and egos,its not that them have any great reason to have them.Nightmare, the sad part is Dawson has not a lot to replace them with but he should stand his ground and tell them all to feck off, join McGourty in the Rock bar and shite talk about how great they could have been.
Glens you would be well getting your facts straight before spouting your mouth off....truth be told Kevin mc gourty will never play for the county again and would be lucky to play for the club again. Has been advised not to or else face life in a wheel chair. Actually he was advised to not even play again a few years back but did so. There is a lot more goes on in peoples lives that you/we are not aware of and probably have no right to be informed off so maybe you should be a bit more careful about spouting your mouth off before known the true facts

manballandall

I wionder will northern light now turn his attention to the toome boys for someone to blame...ummm one wonders

glens abu

Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 12:22:16 PM

What is it with these Antrim players and egos,its not that them have any great reason to have them.Nightmare, the sad part is Dawson has not a lot to replace them with but he should stand his ground and tell them all to feck off, join McGourty in the Rock bar and shite talk about how great they could have been.
Glens you would be well getting your facts straight before spouting your mouth off....truth be told Kevin mc gourty will never play for the county again and would be lucky to play for the club again. Has been advised not to or else face life in a wheel chair. Actually he was advised to not even play again a few years back but did so. There is a lot more goes on in peoples lives that you/we are not aware of and probably have no right to be informed off so maybe you should be a bit more careful about spouting your mouth off before known the true facts

Very good that's a new one for him to cry about in the rock.I know he will never play for the county again and for all the good he ever did for them he would have been as well never playing for them at all.I have as much a right to have an opinion on Kevin McGourty as anyone else,sure he likes expressing his so sorry to disappoint. I will continue to spout my mouth off as often as I wish and if he had to give up county football because of some life threatening injury :-[ I can assure you he would have been phoning every newspaper in the country to tell his story in the hope he could get elected for FF,oops sorry forgot they dumped him as well. ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 09, 2013, 09:21:49 AM
Who or what is on the back page of the irish news??

Northern Light that is a pathetically petty post. You sound like the kind of boy who'd take pleasure out of your own county getting relegated - gives you a chance to spout shite like this.
Apparently Scullion and McCann were dropped from the Monaghan match as they had to attend an anniversary mass that morning and told Dawson they would drive down and meet them for breakfast in the Hillgrove/Four Seasons. Looked like they would be missing nothing other than a bus trip from Randalstown to Monaghan. Dawson told them (allegedly) if they went to the mass they would no longer be in his plans.

Seems unduly harsh from Dawson if that was the case.

glens abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2013, 01:27:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 09, 2013, 09:21:49 AM
Who or what is on the back page of the irish news??

Northern Light that is a pathetically petty post. You sound like the kind of boy who'd take pleasure out of your own county getting relegated - gives you a chance to spout shite like this.
Apparently Scullion and McCann were dropped from the Monaghan match as they had to attend an anniversary mass that morning and told Dawson they would drive down and meet them for breakfast in the Hillgrove/Four Seasons. Looked like they would be missing nothing other than a bus trip from Randalstown to Monaghan. Dawson told them (allegedly) if they went to the mass they would no longer be in his plans.

Seems unduly harsh from Dawson if that was the case.

think there are two sides to every story,hope we can now hear Dawsons.

Walter Cronc

If true its utter madness from Dawson. It nearly appears too unrealistic to be the case.

manballandall

Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 01:04:02 PM

Very good that's a new one for him to cry about in the rock.I know he will never play for the county again and for all the good he ever did for them he would have been as well never playing for them at all.I have as much a right to have an opinion on Kevin McGourty as anyone else,sure he likes expressing his so sorry to disappoint. I will continue to spout my mouth off as often as I wish and if he had to give up county football because of some life threatening injury :-[ I can assure you he would have been phoning every newspaper in the country to tell his story in the hope he could get elected for FF,oops sorry forgot they dumped him as well. ;)
Very easy to do that on here hiding behind your Pseudonym

glens abu

Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 01:45:23 PM

No problem coming out if you are up for it,sure what could McGourty do isn't he nearly in a wheelchair. ::)

manballandall

Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 01:51:05 PM

No problem coming out if you are up for it,sure what could McGourty do isn't he nearly in a wheelchair. ::)
No difference to me whether you come out or not as it is not me you are spouting off about....just saying its very easy to spout off when no one knows who you are...at keast when mc gourty says his bit we all know who is saying it...i guess thats one he has over you ;)

glens abu

Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 02:02:22 PM

No difference to me whether you come out or not as it is not me you are spouting off about....just saying its very easy to spout off when no one knows who you are...at keast when mc gourty says his bit we all know who is saying it...i guess thats one he has over you ;)

Well you shouldn't believe all he tells you about his near death experience with a wheelchair,as he is on twitter telling Dawson he was ready for a call up ;D,and this morning he was heading out for a drive in the wheelchair,sorry for a run. 8)

optimus cheese

Don't think T McCann or Tony Scullion's commitment can be called into question. Tomas flew to London early the next morning of his wedding last year. Scullion has given eight years service. Think Dawson is totally out of line on this one.

manballandall

Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 02:22:15 PM

Well you shouldn't believe all he tells you about his near death experience with a wheelchair,as he is on twitter telling Dawson he was ready for a call up ;D,and this morning he was heading out for a drive in the wheelchair,sorry for a run. 8)
Talk about contradicting yourself...spout off about mc gourty talking nonsense yet you believe what you have read on twitter and by him...You are following the same guy you said talks nonsense on twitter. ummm who is full of nonsense. make your mind up glens man lol

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: manballandall on April 09, 2013, 02:35:40 PM
Quote from: glens abu on April 09, 2013, 02:22:15 PM

Talk about contradicting yourself...spout off about mc gourty talking nonsense yet you believe what you have read on twitter and by him...You are following the same guy you said talks nonsense on twitter. ummm who is full of nonsense. make your mind up glens man lol

Now what did I tell you about believing everything you read then putting your own slant on it.I hav e more to do with my life than follow a clown like that on twitter.He is talking that much nonsense in the rock and on twitter he is the laughing stock of the Road and everyone is having t he craic at his expense.Now you are not helping him telling stories about wheelchairs when he is trying to get back on the county panel for the tenth time. ;)Good luck with that life threatening injury and keep that wheelchair between the bushes.