Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assessor

Quote from: groundlie on October 04, 2008, 05:06:40 PM
Quote from: Assessor on October 04, 2008, 03:02:50 PM
There goes the 'Numbskull' blowing his mouth off again.

How does he propose the County Board can prepare teams better for hurling?  What about your vision Numbskull?  Such grandiose ideas you are suggesting, yet you want others to take up the gauntlet.  This kind of talk is cheap indeed.  Why don't you go to the County Website, put it writing or go and meet the County Board and attempt to articulate your ideas and suggestions face face to face. Nah, I don't think so somehow, that would be too manly for ye!

By the way, I see the illiteracy continues to plague you!  Capital 'T'' St. Teresa's and Randalstown. 

Ballbag

Another mouth piece with a limited vocabulary.  Seems to me to be a characteristic of this forum and it's posters!
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

I don't think you're going to get an answer to your question milltown.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Assessor

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2008, 03:14:42 PM
proper channels Assessor, ideas need to be voiced at club meetings and proposals sent with the clubs delegates to county meetings were they are voted on. now with your knowledge i'm surprised at ya.

lend me your thoughts on how to improve the standard both club and county in hurling.

It will take more than just coaching which seems to be at different levels of intensity throughout the county.

More importatly though.  Hurling needs a greater commttiment of resources and development both within Ulster and Chondae Antroim.  North Antrim teams will continue to dominate Aontroim and Ulster hurling, as hurling is not treated as secondary in North Antrim.  A greater emphasis on football, prevails within the county and throughout Ulster.  Football has the higher priority throuhgout Ulster and also within Antrim.  It is not a level playing field when it comes to hurling.

Put it this way.  Our county has had greater success in hurling than it has ever had in hurling.  Look how many hurling All stars we have had compared to football!  Look at Loughgiel, Dunloy, Ballycastle, Cushendall and Rossa.  They have competed at the top level in hurling within the All Ireland club Hurling championship.  Other than Naomh Eoin and Naomh Gall, they are the only clubs who have made the breakthrough at that level.

Put it another way.  The Kilkennys, Tipps, Galways, Waterfords, Wexfords, Limericks and Clares of this world dont have the problem we have in terms of the committment to hurling.  Because of our dual club/player sceanrio relating to both footbal and hurling in Aontroim and throughout Ulster.  Hurling is not treated as secondary in the aforementioned traditional hurling counites.  In the same light, football is not treated as secondary within counties such as Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo, Meath and Armagh.

I think within our county playing both codes is detrimental more so to hurling.  As long as the hurling fraternity within Antrim and those other Ulster counties who are trying to develop hurling, remain happy with their lot, hurling will continue to be treated secondary and as an inconvenience in both Antrim and Ulster. It is my view, that hurling is are only hope within Aontroim.  We have continually competed at the higher level in hurling i.e. Division 1 & 2 National League.  Playing in Leinster I believe will enable us to increase the intensity, pace, skill levels and directness of our hurling.  It is only having this exposure in Leinster, competing at a higher level among other traditional hurling counties, will we be able to hold our own among the hurling elite.  Lets get our u16s, minor and U21s back into Leinster also.

I really think if we as a county want to progress in hurling, it's a case of make your mind up time.  Is it going to be hurling or football.  It's is my view, that hurling is where our strenghts lie.  But others may have a different opinion than me!
'The Profound Assessor'

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on October 04, 2008, 11:49:02 PM
I don't think you're going to get an answer to your question milltown.

Wrong again NUMBSKULL!
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Assessor you are a shit stirring nob jockey, who's only agenda is to ruin the standard of this board. It would appear that you are succeeding. They always say never to argue with a fool but it would appear that you've got your axe to grind and won't let it go. I'm not prepared to put up with it any longer.

Minder

Assessor, have we not been playing "traditional" counties for years in the league and championship,what have we learnt? How to seek out the best player and swap their jersey perhaps?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

"Another mouth piece with a limited vocabulary.  Seems to me to be a characteristic of this forum and it's posters!"

Our you exempt from this sweeping statement, Assessor?  ;)

davincicode

TheSkull, i do believe that the Assessor seems to be getting under your skin? Assessor what you say i must agree with to a large extent, however i feel that Ulster Council should take the lions share of the blame, for the state that Hurling is in. Hurling in Ulster is not very PC! When football pulls in on average 8 times the revenue then it becomes a simple question of economics!

Hurling will never improve as long as the people in Armagh are driven by Revenue! Its as straight and simple as that, the GAA in Ulster has never had as many full time paid coaches. Simply look at MC Crory Cup and Magean Cup, Ulster Colleges reflects Ulster Council, they are worse than the Government! At least they shaft you face to face. Too many people involved with their own agendas, look at the St Bridget's scenario! I work with lads attached to this club, its all about money and presence, its worse than the Opus Dea!

Assessor, you have brought a bit of bite to this board, however i would like to see how well you are linked to what happens in Antrim, look at the football thread its dying on its feet.

A lot of lads/lassies post on this board, however i feel the majority take the AL la carte approach, how dirty do most of you get your hands and really get involved at grass root level? What have you done to effect change?

milltown row

Quote from: davincicode on October 05, 2008, 11:05:31 AM
Assessor, you have brought a bit of bite to this board, however i would like to see how well you are linked to what happens in Antrim, look at the football thread its dying on its feet.

A lot of lads/lassies post on this board, however i feel the majority take the AL la carte approach, how dirty do most of you get your hands and really get involved at grass root level? What have you done to effect change?

thats pants Davinci and you know it. most of the lads here have or still involved with club coaching and other duties that keep their club going, others may have committie roles and county posts.

in Antrim change is slow due to the clubs looking to keep themselves happy and mainly not wanting to change things, take the rules away from the clubs, when a county excective is voted in let them change things for the better instead of letting football clubs vote on hurling issues and vice versa. change can only happen from within, the ulster Council will never help. so do it ourselves

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on October 05, 2008, 12:27:57 AM
Assessor you are a shit stirring nob jockey, who's only agenda is to ruin the standard of this board. It would appear that you are succeeding. They always say never to argue with a fool but it would appear that you've got your axe to grind and won't let it go. I'm not prepared to put up with it any longer.

I really cant say that I will be sorry to see you go, a chara!  You can actually talk dyslexic . One down, but I have still some way to go.  Remember, progress and change is inherently slow.
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Lads, I come on here and debate issues with people who show others proper respect whilst posting on this board. Passionate views are all well and good as long as people are genuine and respectful as is a bit of banter. But when ever someone joins this board from day 1 and shows no respect for the other people who use it, then engages in a campaign of antagonising and trying to get the rise on the individuals who point this out to him, then there comes a point where it is difficult to stay calm in the face it. If it happened in the street it would warrant a slap in the mouth, so I don't see why I have to put up with it here.

PlayWithTheWind

HT
Gort Na Mona - 0.14
Cuchullains - 0.2

FT
Gort Na Mona - 1.24
Cuchullains - 0.11
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

we'll not argue over it  :D

Gort won easy anyway.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on October 05, 2008, 02:08:55 PM
Lads, I come on here and debate issues with people who show others proper respect whilst posting on this board. Passionate views are all well and good as long as people are genuine and respectful as is a bit of banter. But when ever someone joins this board from day 1 and shows no respect for the other people who use it, then engages in a campaign of antagonising and trying to get the rise on the individuals who point this out to him, then there comes a point where it is difficult to stay calm in the face it. If it happened in the street it would warrant a slap in the mouth, so I don't see why I have to put up with it here.

[Edited Mod3=
That sounds to me like very threatening and agressive language.  Now you are beginning to sound like the corner boy I thought you were.  That sort of threatening talk in my view is more more aligned to others sports.  Maybe you should go join the likes of a Cliftonville/Linfield site!   >:(
'The Profound Assessor'

youngfella

Hello Assessor can yourself and skull stop slagging eachother off, doing my head. Its a bit childish for two smart people. Man up and get over it - both of you
Pull hard and early