Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 07, 2023, 10:50:00 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 05, 2023, 08:14:43 PM
Heading to the aviva tomorrow. The kids could be gutted if a 2nd string turn up. Poor form if they do that. The tickets weren't cheap
I paid 50 for adult and 20 each for the kids.  No one paid to watch maguire lindelof mctominay fred etc. They really want to see Rashford Casemiro Bruno garnacho.

Disappointing for Irish fans but anyone expecting a multi national corporation worth billions to have any sentiment for fans would be deluded. Pre season games are now about enhancing the franchise , a complete money spinner, not about the football at all. Hard work is done behind the scenes in training before first league game

Poor enough game I thought. We didn't even get to see McFred. Maguire has no luck now at this stage. Liked the look of Hannibal, had plenty of urgency and tried to make things happen when he came on. Pellistri took his goal well. 3rd string team all the same. Fans treated like shit.

NAG1

The scheduling of the game alone should have been enough of a hint to let 'fans' know what sort of team was going to be played.

Yeah there should have been more interaction with people who paid the money for the tickets.

snoopdog

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2023, 11:27:52 AM
The scheduling of the game alone should have been enough of a hint to let 'fans' know what sort of team was going to be played.

Yeah there should have been more interaction with people who paid the money for the tickets.
How do you work that out.  This game was sold out before the old Trafford game the day before was announced.  A week before the season started fans would've been expecting a strong line up until the other fixture was announced.

NAG1

Quote from: snoopdog on August 08, 2023, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2023, 11:27:52 AM

How do you work that out.  This game was sold out before the old Trafford game the day before was announced.  A week before the season started fans would've been expecting a strong line up until the other fixture was announced.

My logic would have been that a week out from the season starting, it would only have been a skeleton squad sent for this game. ETH would have been wanting as much time on the training pitch as possible with the first team squad in the week leading up to the first game.

Not saying it was a good move but just can see the logic behind it with a busy season ahead.

5times5times

How do the manc fans feel about Greenwood rejoining the team? Surely the abuse from fans both home + away would be too much attention?

clonian

Quote from: 5times5times on August 08, 2023, 01:59:13 PM
How do the manc fans feel about Greenwood rejoining the team? Surely the abuse from fans both home + away would be too much attention?

I hope he's not coming back but it wouldn't surprise me. If they were bringing him back would it not have been done over the summer so he has already played.

He deserves all the abuse he gets.

trailer

Wouldn't be keen on seeing him back. Think he has very little if any respect for women. Regardless of what has happened since, those recordings were truly awful. Leopards don't change their spots.

nrico2006

Glad to see another goalscorer back.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

Mixed feelings but the charges were dropped and the accuser has since had his baby and going to marry him.  I'm sure there are a lot of very questionable individuals in football. Does the lad deserve a second chance. ??

NAG1

Deal agreed with West Ham for Maguire, best thing for him and the club.

Also a massive wage off the books, will there be a replacement before the window closes?

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on August 09, 2023, 11:09:07 AM

Also a massive wage off the books, will there be a replacement before the window closes?

Do they need a replacement? Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Evans and then Shaw can slot in.

keep her low this half

Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2023, 11:38:44 AM

Do they need a replacement? Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Evans and then Shaw can slot in.

Evans to replace Maguire, transfer fee and massive wages off the book, Evans becomes 5th choice centre back and part time coach probably at much much lower wage than Maguire. It all makes sense but I wouldn't rule out a late swoop for another centre back as Evans is old and very injury prone.

NAG1

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 09, 2023, 11:48:48 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2023, 11:38:44 AM

Evans to replace Maguire, transfer fee and massive wages off the book, Evans becomes 5th choice centre back and part time coach probably at much much lower wage than Maguire. It all makes sense but I wouldn't rule out a late swoop for another centre back as Evans is old and very injury prone.

I would still be looking a young centre half, but maybe he saw enough of the younger lads on Pre Season to be confident.

Raffa is made of glass at times, Lindelof can be injury prone too, would leave you down to Evans and Martinez as a pair.

clonian

Fred gone, DVB heading to Sociedad. Even Bailey is getting the boot. Some good business for a change, squad wise if not cash wise. Maguire, Jones, DeGea, Elanga and Telles all gone too.

Andy Mitten said on the Talk of the Devils pod Henderson is staying and reports today said McTominay staying.

Ghost

Quote from: clonian on August 11, 2023, 03:46:19 PM
Fred gone, DVB heading to Sociedad. Even Bailey is getting the boot. Some good business for a change, squad wise if not cash wise. Maguire, Jones, DeGea, Elanga and Telles all gone too.

Andy Mitten said on the Talk of the Devils pod Henderson is staying and reports today said McTominay staying.

Going to try and sign another CB by the sounds of it too. Pavard from Bayern being talked about a lot.

Anyone else worried about the fact Hojlund is carrying an injury? already going to miss at least the first 3 games and other reports say he'll be unable to play 2 games a week for a wile. Hope it's not an ongoing issue and once he's recovered fully that will be the end of it but it is a concern.