Club Championships 2010

Started by maxpower, October 15, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 16, 2010, 05:29:33 PM
Portumna GONE. Loughrea just beat them in the Galway semi-final replay.

Loughrea 1-16 Portumna 1-14

Loughrea v Clarinbridge in Galway county final
The power has really shifted in Galway club hurling. 25 years ago it was Turloughmore  then Killimordaly then Athenry then Abbeyknockmoy and none of those clubs is anywhere near a county title today.

awfulynice

I think Leinster will be a close affair this year, you have O'Loughlin Gaels who have been in all ireland semi finals in the past, Oulart the Ballagh were only a few points away from Ballyhale last year, Ballyboden or Vincents will be OK and I reckon Coolderry wont be a million miles off the pace either.

Not 100% sure about Munster, Id wager thurles will get out of tipp and make a right go of it, but de la salle must have a lot of talent coming through from the good school teams they have had in recent years.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: awfulynice on October 28, 2010, 03:58:48 PM
I reckon Coolderry wont be a million miles off the pace either.

what the hell happened there?

awfulynice

I was at the game bottlethrower, cant have any complaints really, Coolderry had a lot of chances in the first half and didnt take them, roared on by the home crowd Raharney put everything into their second half performance, got a few dubious home decisions by the ref but took some lovely scores along the way. I think they have Oulart the Ballagh up in Mullingar in the semi final, if they take them for granted they will be in for a right battle.

Croí na hÉireann

Well done Raharney, great to be beating the Biffos in the hurling now as well  ;D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bottlethrower7

not so much surprised at Raharney winning as them winning in what was a fairly high-scoring game by outpointing Coolderry. If they got a couple of shitty goals and won it that way, fair enough, but to outpoint them in a high-scoring contest they must be a decent enough outfit (and certainly well good enough to have won that game)

Milltown Row2

Will Thurles win Munster this year? Decent scoreline on Sunday but was the opposition that bad? Sarsfields would fancy themselves I'd expect but having watched that game I would tend to lean towards Thurles.

De La Salle have done rightly but having seen them a couple of years ago against Cushendall i don't think they will win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Norf Tyrone

A hurling ignoramous lads so apologies.

However was their a Connaught club semi final last week that ended 10-15 to 5-30? It was on the radio during the week about it, but can't find anything online about it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

highking

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2010, 01:02:15 AM

However was their a Connaught club semi final last week that ended 10-15 to 5-30? It was on the radio during the week about it, but can't find anything online about it!

No, the only Connacht Hurling semi-final played yet was the Intermediate semi. It finished 3-13 to 2-13 to Ballyhuanis (Mayo over Four Roads (Ross). The Junior semi final between Western Gaels (Sligo) and St Marys (Leitrim) hasnt been played yet due to a hearing in relation to players. There is no senior semi final....

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: highking on November 07, 2010, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2010, 01:02:15 AM

No, the only Connacht Hurling semi-final played yet was the Intermediate semi. It finished 3-13 to 2-13 to Ballyhuanis (Mayo over Four Roads (Ross). The Junior semi final between Western Gaels (Sligo) and St Marys (Leitrim) hasnt been played yet due to a hearing in relation to players. There is no senior semi final....

Nearly sure it said a Junior SF. Obviously the radio was wrong!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Typical LG ...dragging up the past  :)

Come on diddy say what you have to say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on January 18, 2011, 05:13:53 PM
Typical LG ...dragging up the past  :)

Come on diddy say what you have to say

Eh?
As the 2010 Club Championships are still going on (for some) this is still a live topic.  Sorry if this is still a sore point for some.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

That live, all you have to say on the topic is "BUMP"?  :-\

Riveting stuff..thanks for that update
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

What's your gripe Skull?   ???

I was merely 'Bumping' this thread to return it to the top of the list to remind people that it was there.  It's coming up to AI Semi Final time so maybe someone out there (obviously not you) might have a comment to make.  It was your own club mate who started the thread in October so it was obviously intended for discussion relating the latter stages of the Club Championships.

To bump a thread on an internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. - Wikipedia - but then someone of your intellect obviously knows this  ;)