Club Championships Jan-Mar 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, December 10, 2018, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 17, 2019, 03:01:07 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on February 17, 2019, 01:27:55 PM
Quote from: caprea on February 17, 2019, 01:02:20 PM
I have been told some of the gweedore lads went hard on the sauce over Christmas which would be frustrating for the lads that didn't. You only get one crack at games like this if you are playing for a fairly unheralded club like Gaoth Dobhair. Maybe its not true at all, I don't know.

People like Brady seem to think Corofin are this machine that don't celebrate and immediately think to the next game, I know plenty of those Corofin lads and they certainly know how to enjoy themselves and it hasn't done them too much harm. Stupid statement from Brady.

The difference is they probably don't put it all over social media!

Depends where you're looking! 😉

Tatler Jack

I have been told some of the gweedore lads went hard on the sauce over Christmas which would be frustrating for the lads that didn't. You only get one crack at games like this if you are playing for a fairly unheralded club like Gaoth Dobhair. Maybe its not true at all, I don't know.

Don't believe them David  Someone setting you up to make a dick of yourself!

dublin7

Going drinking over Xmas would have 0% effect on a match in the middle of February. If you can't celebrate an Ulster title then what's the point in playing. If anything it shows how farcical the gaa calendar is yet again. Brady talking bulls**t as usual. He's still living off Mayo warming up in front of the Hill claiming that was brilliant mind games and led to victory. Conveniently forgets dubs were well in front in that game and only one of their usual bottle jobs in that era cost them an All Ireland appearance.

brokencrossbar1

Ah ...poor Brady...I seem to remember hitting it hard in the weeks over Christmas in 1998 and poor David getting a runners up medal for Ballina....he's a prat!

Ball Hopper

17 Feb Update.  Only St. Patrick's Day senior finals remain.

Senior Football

16 Feb: Corofin (Galway) 2-13 Gaoth Dobhair (Donegal) 1-12
16 Feb: Dr. Crokes (Kerry) 0-18 Mullinalaghta (Longford) 2-7

March 17: Final Corofin (Galway) v Dr. Crokes (Kerry) in Croke Park

Intermediate Football

20 Jan: St. Enda's (Antrim) 3-9 An Spidéal (Galway) 0-11
20 Jan: Kilcummin (Kerry) 0-11 Two Mile House (Kildare) 0-10

Feb 9: Final Kilcummin (Kerry) 5-13 St. Enda's (Antrim) 2-9

Junior Football

20 Jan: Easkey (Sligo) 1-8 Red Hugh's (Donegal) 0-9
20 Jan: Beaufort (Kerry) 0-12 Young Ireland's (Louth) 0-10

Feb 9: Final Beaufort (Kerry) 3-17 Easkey (Sligo) 0-5

Senior Hurling

9 Feb: St. Thomas's (Galway) 0-18 Ruairí Óg, Cushendall (Antrim) 2-11
9 Feb: Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) 1-15 Ballygunner (Waterford) 0-13

March 17: Final St. Thomas's (Galway) v Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) in Croke Park

Intermediate Hurling

19 Jan: Charleville (Cork) 1-15 Graigue-Ballycallan (Kilkenny) 1-13
20 Jan: Oramor-Marree (Galway) 1-13 St. Galls (Antrim) 2-4

Feb 10: Final Oramor-Marree (Galway) 2-18 Charleville (Cork) 1-15

Junior Hurling

20 Jan: Castleblayney Faughs (Monaghan) 1-8 St. Mary's Kiltoghert (Leitrim) 0-10
20 Jan: Dunnamaggin (Kilkenny) 0-23 Cloughduv (Cork) 2-16

Feb 10: Final Dunnamaggin (Kilkenny) 1-17 Castleblayney Faughs (Monaghan) 1-13

Hoof Hearted

No matter how much hurling and football is played in 12 months it's always 4 familiar names on 17th march
Fair play -  on paper it should be 2 cracking games
The football final has the potential of making us believe in the big ball game once more !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 17, 2019, 09:03:21 PM
No matter how much hurling and football is played in 12 months it's always 4 familiar names on 17th march
The football final has the potential of making us believe in the big ball game once more !!

Actually contemplating going down this year, unreal line up in both games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2019, 10:05:25 PM

Actually contemplating going down this year, unreal line up in both games

Add in the fact it's a Sunday with no work next day
Could be a record crowd - few hotels and b&b.s. booked
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

Club is much more open than county

Teams from Carlow, Antrim, Roscommon and Wicklow have won the football

Teams from Antrim and Dublin have won the hurling
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Two entertaining games on Saturday with experience coming out on top in both games.
Should make for a good final.

Has David Brady been booked for OTB yet?  ::)

Rudi

Quote from: seafoid on February 18, 2019, 10:00:06 AM

[/quote

Even teams from Galway have won it, hardly a hot spot of the GAA :)

Maroon Manc

I tihnk I make it 14 out of the 15 starters for Corofin on Saturday have played either FBD, League or Championship for Galway with Dylan McHugh who played in an All Ireland U21 final the only player not to do so. There's another few on the bench too, such a strong panel which only Crokes can match.

Gavin Burke looked good when he came on, he's Ian's younger brother. Think he's got got 2 more years left at U20 level for Galway.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 18, 2019, 11:21:04 AM
I tihnk I make it 14 out of the 15 starters for Corofin on Saturday have played either FBD, League or Championship for Galway with Dylan McHugh who played in an All Ireland U21 final the only player not to do so. There's another few on the bench too, such a strong panel which only Crokes can match.

Gavin Burke looked good when he came on, he's Ian's younger brother. Think he's got got 2 more years left at U20 level for Galway.

Ya he's only 18 or 19. Very similar build to Ian but is a defender, he has that little hop Ian has too, he'll come good in a couple of years. This is where I think the present Corofin management really outshine Stephen Rochford's time there, they're blooding about 2 new young lads every year in with these fantastic players they already have, Rochford tended to stick with the tried and tested. It's probably the biggest advantage of having club men as management too, they know what's coming up the ranks better than an outside manager would. Unfortunately for the rest of the clubs in Galway the Corofin juggernaut will roll on for another few years I think.

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on February 18, 2019, 11:16:55 AM

Even teams from Galway have won it, hardly a hot spot of the GAA :)

Brigids was great.
I was in Athlone the month after and all the posters were still up

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

A side from Carlow never won the football All Ireland although Eire Og in the 90s was one of the best club sides never to win it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose