"Who is the best Free Taker in Ireland"

Started by Cic Saor, August 08, 2012, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cic Saor

" Lets Find Out "

All Ireland Cic Saor Championships... www.cicsaor.ie

The all Ireland Cic saor Championships is taking place on the 8th of September 2012 in the Dundalk Young Irelands club. Dundalk Young Irelands are considered the oldest existing club in the GAA; we played in the first ever all Ireland final. Unfortunately we find ourselves in a precarious financial position, and are fearful for our clubs future. "As I'm sure you will appreciate" we as club members feel, it is our duty to do everything in our power to insure the future of what must be one of the most historically important clubs in Ireland.
To address this problem we are hosting the first ever all Ireland free taking/point scoring competition. This competition is played out over 6 elimination rounds to determine the best free taker in Ireland. The eventual winner will be crowned a New All Ireland Champion and receive an estimated €10,000 first prize, the total prize fund is estimated at €30.000 and 10% of participants will receive prizes.
All relevant information can be found on www.cicsaor.ie . We would very much appreciate if you could notify all your club members of this event and forward the website address to anyone you think might be interested in entering. Anyone can enter once 18 years old or over, players can take part on there own behalf, or represent there club or sponsor. They can register and pay on the Cic saor website; entries close 1/9/2012. I would like to add that anyone wanting to enter should go online and do so ASAP, as the competition is capped and places will go fast.

Ps; "The Cic Saor Championships is a brand new competition" and should not be confused with other distance based competitions as it is more of an accuracy test.

Kind regards
Cic Saor
info@cicsaor.ie

spuds

Best of luck with this, hope it helps on the road to continued existence and growth.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

haranguerer

rrhf

Great idea free of rom the hands allowed. Tee?

Orangemac

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2012, 04:25:36 PM
Bryan Sheehan.
One of the best.Definitely the best striker of a ball but the 45 he missed to level the 2008 final with a few minutes to go sticks out.

When the pressure was on for Cross or Armagh Oisin McConville would always deliver (I know he missed the pen in 2002 but he came good late in the game when it counted)

Taxcon

Cluxton has to be up there. The pressure that must have been on that free to win an all Ireland !and he kicked it as if it was a practice kick. legend

By the way great idea! Will be a great spectacle .

Can anyone tell me more information about the event,
What time will it start?
Can anyone enter?
Can an ex player enter?(can't run any more but I can still kick a free)
Are spectators allowed?
Any idea who has already entered?

haranguerer

Quote from: Orangemac on August 08, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2012, 04:25:36 PM
Bryan Sheehan.
One of the best.Definitely the best striker of a ball but the 45 he missed to level the 2008 final with a few minutes to go sticks out.

When the pressure was on for Cross or Armagh Oisin McConville would always deliver (I know he missed the pen in 2002 but he came good late in the game when it counted)

Lol! You dismiss Bryan Sheehan for missing from 45 yards, and propose Oisin McConville although acknowledging he missed from 12 yards. Talk about double standards! McConville was good, but hes not in the same league as Sheehan. Not even close. Noone is.

Who would you rather have taking your 45s by the way, Oisin or Sheehan?

haranguerer

Quote from: Taxcon on August 08, 2012, 11:27:58 PM
Cluxton has to be up there. The pressure that must have been on that free to win an all Ireland !and he kicked it as if it was a practice kick. legend

Ah for fucks sake.

I'm away

Taxcon

That's not a very nice way to treat a newbie. You must be from Kerry and obviously still a little upset.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on August 09, 2012, 12:00:55 AM
Does Maurice Fitz still kick a ball?

It was too easy for him so he takes the frees exclusively with his head now.

rrhf

Sheehan is a wonderful kicker from 40 metres plus. The best since Fitzgerald and Canavan. I seen him miss kicks when pressure was on, which fitzy and peter didnt. I can't recall Oisin doing that either within his range. But sheehan is the greatest without doubt of his era.

armaghniac

QuoteIt was too easy for him so he takes the frees exclusively with his head now.

He probably post here then, with the other head the balls.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B