2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch and Kick

The GAA has long ago stopped treating counties equally or fairly. But in the past  decade the focus is on the top 8 teams both by Croker and the media. Competition structures favour the super powers. Its going to get worse with a B Championship. Wont work long term.

High Fielder

It's time for our CB to stand up for the county; the players in particular. The GAA have fucked us about in the last few years and clearly don't give a fiddlers about us. They are a seriously deluded bunch who have no regard for the effort being made in Laois or elsewhere. They need to be told to f**k off and stop putting barriers in our way. It's hard enough getting lads to play and supporters to pay in an era when quite frankly, there is little to entice counties like Laois. A real sickener.

GAA-SMART

The problem is here- the GAA can't take a Dublin home game away because it shines a very public light on the fact Dublin own Croke Park and they do not want that debate. The GAA cant tell Dublin they loose a game in Parnell Park because they will look like fools and they cant take a Croke Park game because Dublin will say well thats not our Home Ground. This is the result of what you get when you allow a county dow hat they want, when they want and give them millions in the process.

Giovanni

Is there really a debate about whether or not Croke Park is Dublin's home ground? They play their home fixtures there and if they were to be treated like everyone else, they'd have to play in a neutral venue. I don't know - maybe it's because it's an amateur association that money is so important in their decision-making but they really are losing the public with this carry on I think.

Unlaoised

If for example they fixed the carlow game for newbridge or the westmeath game for o connor park ..

Id be inclined for sugrue to make a Portlaoise or nowhere stance and put the gaa underpressure thus getting the whole county behind him and getting the Laois people's gander up so to speak it would only work wonders for the spirit he has already created within  the camp.and the support who are starting to come back out in numbers ..

f**k the Gaa

LAOIS ARE ON THE UP
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: Don Draper on November 08, 2018, 12:47:57 PM
The Dubs went on an historical outing. Be clear now, it was an historical outing. Philly McMahon will bring out a book about the trip any day now, explaining about how it affected him deeply, almost as deeply as his brothers heroin addiction. Did you know Phillys brother was an addict? You may not have, he doesn't like to talk about it all that much. But yea, his brother died from drug addiction. True story. Not many people know about it.
terrible stupid post. says way more about the anon poster than anything else.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

Word has it the wexford hurlers won the appeal as they said it was a team holiday not training camp.

Giovanni

I don't understand this at all. If the reason for this ban was to ensure the integrity of the clubs only rule, how in the name of Christ does it matter if the team went on a trip to see World War I graves in Belgium or kicked a bit of football in Kerry?? Either way, they are not available to their clubs. This just seems completely ridiculous to me.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Giovanni on November 14, 2018, 04:23:09 PM
I don't understand this at all. If the reason for this ban was to ensure the integrity of the clubs only rule, how in the name of Christ does it matter if the team went on a trip to see World War I graves in Belgium or kicked a bit of football in Kerry?? Either way, they are not available to their clubs. This just seems completely ridiculous to me.

The difference is Dublin have a very powerful county board and all the money in the world to afford lawyers if they need to.

We in Laois are irrelevant to the GAA.

Giovanni

Don Draper

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on November 14, 2018, 04:34:16 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on November 14, 2018, 04:23:09 PM

The difference is Dublin have a very powerful county board and all the money in the world to afford lawyers if they need to.

We in Laois are irrelevant to the GAA.
Again, we're not irrelevant, as they are flowing money into the county in the form of the COE.

Giovanni

What is the connection between the COE and this decision to remove a home game from Laois?