Wreckin my mum+dads head

Started by bigfrank, October 27, 2011, 10:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

i will take this topic away as soon as i can get an answer and sorry for goin pleadin for help but i told the parents id try and get the answer to the wee anagram and other quiz thing they have been doin for some charity fundraiser:

forst one is an anagram for: Things that are found in the kitchen

the word scrambled appears like this : OEALONRD

the 2nd quiz thing im not sure how u describe it but its title is : SWEETS OR CHOCOLATES

an example answer is

Wobbly Infants = Jelly Babies

the answer im lookin for is

A Cathedral cabbage that is=??????

Thanks for any help given

Carmen Stateside

is the anagram one word or two? and dont be putting this on your ma or da, there is food involved so thats a dead give away that its for yourself!

bigfrank

The anagram is one word and we think there has been a typo and it should spell Colander (colander is a bowl-shaped kitchen utensil with holes in it used for draining food such as pasta or rice)...if no one else can find anythin else then i guess thats what it is...the 2nd one i just dunno a fk what it could be...

Tony Baloney

Carmen Stateside

Yea, must be, just stuck the letters you have given into a scrabble solver ( is that cheating? ) and it gives no eight letter results.

vav

.. this is wrecking my head now too!!  :'( :'( ... The best I can come up with is Yorkie (though it's probably wrong).. York Cathedral and York Cabbage and the 'ie' possibly meaning examples of!....

Evil Genius

Quote from: vav on October 27, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

.. this is wrecking my head now too!!  :'( :'( ... The best I can come up with is Yorkie (though it's probably wrong).. York Cathedral and York Cabbage and the 'ie' possibly meaning examples of!....
I'd say "Yorkie" is almost certainly correct.

As you say, York has a cathedral and is a variety of cabbage, whilst i.e. stands for "that is".

Mind you, the cathedral in York is properly called the Minster!  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Carmen Stateside

Not if i was to sit to this time next year would i have got that one.  Well done both above.  Frank i want in on the winnings!

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 11:47:23 PM
Quote from: vav on October 27, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

I'd say "Yorkie" is almost certainly correct.

As you say, York has a cathedral and is a variety of cabbage, whilst i.e. stands for "that is".

Mind you, the cathedral in York is properly called the Minster!  ;)

Dont think Yorkie is correct, seems you would need to words.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

I believe the second answer is 100 Grand candy bar by Nestle........

My reasoning Cabbage is slang for money and cathedral is also slang for grand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Grand_Bar
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Croí na hÉireann

Would you not just move out then?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bigfrank

thanks everyone for the quick reponse and answers...i cant come up with anythin better than that and when i told the parents they said somethin they always say 'yeah i thought it was that but wasnt sure'....yeah sure u were..now stick on the kettle...will take topic down later