Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 07, 2010, 07:51:44 PM
Only a few things to add on what was a great team performance against a very poor Roscommon side.
BH Man, where's Cullivan? Also Eddie's point from 1 yard out was the highlight of the game. Just as well it didn't matter.

Injured,only back with DCU this week where he came on as a sub in the Sigerson,missed most of their Ryan Cup campaign.
Just aswell to leave him be until the Sigerson is finished id say.
Just to echo what everyone has said,absolutely delighted with the performance today.
Contrast this to last year in Pearse Park,some difference.
Saturday nights game against an Antrim team minus the Galls contingent will be crucial.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Unfortunately, due to other commitments over the next few weeks I don't think I'll be seeing the 1st half of the league games. Have to say I was fairly shocked to see that scoreline. Now Ros may have been dung but to put up 2-20 with no Seanie Johnstone or Flanagan is fair going. Well done to the team and hopefully they can build on that.

Dougal

to be honest i wouldnt give a toss if we had of lost today,we played some good football,played like we wanted to be there and played with pride.they really gave it there all today,lets hope they can keep it up,and hopefully we can get a decent crowd behind the team aswell.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

As designated driver for the day Im just home, I even heard Croke Park being mentioned at some stage tonight! :D
Great team performance but repeating it next week and the week after is what we all wanna see.

cavanmaniac

I'd keep the bandwagon up on blocks for now, tougher tests lie ahead (Antrim next up who beat a decent Sligo outfit without most of their best players) but it sounds like the lads were organised, motivated and played to a gameplan so credit where its due and well done, it's something we can build on.

BallyhaiseMan

Good to see the thread has moved on from our discussions of saturday night  ;D
One point to bring us back to earth,id rate Thomas Corr as a footballer as anyone who has seen my posts on here can see.
However i believe he will be badly exposed at full back before this league campaign is out.
I know Shine is a very good footballer,but Corr struggled badly at times i thought.
Hes much better out the field,id prefer to see him tried at Midfield.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 08, 2010, 07:18:50 PM
Good to see the thread has moved on from our discussions of saturday night  ;D
One point to bring us back to earth,id rate Thomas Corr as a footballer as anyone who has seen my posts on here can see.
However i believe he will be badly exposed at full back before this league campaign is out.
I know Shine is a very good footballer,but Corr struggled badly at times i thought.
Hes much better out the field,id prefer to see him tried at Midfield.

Ahh I thought Corr done rightly on Sunday but either way would like to see him getting 3 or 4 games there anyway. Let him have a good shot at it.

What did you all think of mid field?  I thought the two boys did well but the amount of running around that goes on before a kickout so a keeper can try and pick out a handy catch for a mark is ridiculous and is definitely slowing down the game going by Sunday anyway.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Intermediate Championship Group 4- Ballinagh Drumalee Kill Laragh

BH Man,Celt Man any word on your own groups??

Swadman

Senior Football Championship:

Group 1: Lacken, Castlerahan, Crosserlough, Killygarry
Group 2: Denn, Gowns, Belturbet, Mullahoran

Group 3: Drumbride, Ramor, Lavey, Cavan Gaels

Group 4: Cuchullains, Kingscourt, Redhills, Brackwater Gaels

Intermediate Football Championship:

Group 1: Drumlane, Ballymaghugh, Knockbride, Drung

Group 2: Killeshandra, Drumgoon, Ballyhaise, Butlersbridge

Group 3: Cootehill, Killinkere, Bailieborough, Cavan Gaels

Group 4: Laragh, Ballinagh, Drumalee, Kill

Junior Football Championship:

Group 1: Muintirconnaght, Cornafean, Shannon Gaels, Swanlinbar

Group 2: Kildallan, Mountnugent, Arva, Corlough

Group 3: Mahera, Shercock, Templeport

Dougal

great a tough group again this year.senior group 2 is a tough one,dont see denn getting out of that one.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Denn Forever

Don't see it either.  A lot of people's second choice there.

The homecoming for Damian will be interesting and thank you Gowna but there'll be no favours that night.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Tough draw for ourselves
Dvision One Killeshandra
Drumgoon and our neighbours the Bridge.

gortnaleck

Anyone know did Pierson play for London on Sunday

Lawrence of Knockbride

I've been told by a clubmate of Pierson's that he's back training with them.