Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on November 16, 2007, 02:30:33 PM
Yeah he is back with them Homer.  On his last chance and has to do the same training as everyone else.  I heard Aaron Donohoe had a lot to do with him coming back. 

We've had Aaron in as our Goalie Coach this year and the boys rate as second to none, he's a sound man too. I always felt he got a bit of a raw deal for county stint.

Great to see the prodigal son return, as you've already pointed out we don't have anyone else up to the standard.

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 16, 2007, 02:24:19 PM
wishing Myles and the Leagures and Homer and Ballinagh the best of luck on Sunday,a provincial title at any level is needed badly in this county,

Fly the flag well lads.

Cheers BHM and best wishes to Myles and the Leaguers too.
Fingers crossed that between us we can see some saffron in an Ulster final this year.

LackenLegend

Quote from: Homer on November 16, 2007, 02:00:19 PM
Belated congrats to Lacken and indeed their resident poster on retaining their top flight status.

Cheers lad and good luck in Belfast. Best of luck to Killashandra too.
Timmmmy!

cavan4ever

Yeah good luck to both teams this weekend  :)

CC1

Anyone know what referee was down for the Bailieborough vs. Shercock u21 match yesterday??  >:(
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavanmaniac

I hear Ballinagh are through to their Ulster club final. Homer must have a sore head today but well got, even this small(ish) achievement for Cavan football is most welcome. Well done to all concerned let's hope a few decent county players come out of the whole lot.

Shame about Killeshandra.

mylestheslasher

Well done to Ballinagh - would be great for Cavan football if they could win this out. Killeshandra did well this year and were a bit unlucky not to sneak something from the game. They were well behind at half time as the rock controlled the game but the 2nd half they came right back and were only 1 point behind with a few minutes left. Unfortunately, the rock got a goal then at that finished the game. Killeshandra are a ridiculously young team I think only 2 of the normal 1st team is over 25 (one of whom wasn't playing yesterday due to a serious cheekbone injury - Captain Adie Burns). The majority of them are under 21. Good luck to the nagh next day out.

Hollow Man

QuoteI think only 2 of the normal 1st team is over 25 (one of whom wasn't playing yesterday due to a serious cheekbone injury - Captain Adie Burns). The majority of them are under 21.

Would you agree then that it's a disgrace that Killeshandra have joined with another club for the U21?

And aren't in Division One?

mylestheslasher

I thought that they were in division 1 as Parnells. The whole idea of joining was to let these players compete at a higher grade. If they are not in Div 1 then it is a disgrace.

Homer

Fair play to the lads on reaching the Ulster final on Sunday. It wasn't the most aesthetic football seen all year but they really produced an all-round grafting performance and were fully deserved of the victory.

Having just about faltered to an Intermediate Championship this year, the lads have really hit the ground running in Ulster and fingers crossed they can keep the momentum going for this Sunday against Antrim champions Dunloy.

No confirmation yet on the venue for the final but it's looking like it will be Omagh over Clones (You gotta love that Ulster council ).

Commiserations to Killeshandra from what I hear they gave it a good shot on the day and perhaps had they the services of their injured captain they could have taken it.

Re: HollowMan - Parnells are definitely in Division 1 u21.

mylestheslasher

McKenna Cup Draw - Not a bad group for us I suppose....

Group A
Fermanagh, Armagh, Derry, St Mary's College Belfast.

Group B
Tyrone, Down, Donegal. University of Ulster, Jordanstown.

Group C
Antrim, Cavan, Monaghan, Queen's University, Belfast.

Semi-Finals
Winners Group B vs Winners Group C
Winners Group A vs Best Runner-Up.

Homer

Not a bad draw alright, we should be able to experiment and still pick a few points.

The Antrim tie may be an interesting one.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on November 22, 2007, 10:37:02 AM
Not a bad draw alright, we should be able to experiment and still pick a few points.

The Antrim tie may be an interesting one.

I wouldn't be over confidant with that.  What do you think of the crosserlough suspension ?

BallyhaiseMan

fully expect Ballinagh to win the Ulster Inter on Sunday,

Ballinagh are a good Senior league team and will be challenging the Gaels dominance within two years in the senior championship.

like ourselves they have constantly underacheived with the talent they have at their disposal.

It seems they have now got their act together.

Been out of the clique for a while,as havent been around our club scene since the Belturbet game,

who are the new men on the county panel etc etc

Hollow Man

What is Sean McCormack like as a footballer Ballyhaise Man?

I notice somebody has been 'bigging him up' all over the hogan stand lately.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on November 22, 2007, 09:19:25 PM
What is Sean McCormack like as a footballer Ballyhaise Man?

I notice somebody has been 'bigging him up' all over the hogan stand lately.

very good player HM

will probably be full back on the County Under 21's this coming year.

As for Hoganstand? probably some of the lads either trying to raise his profile,or some just looking for a reaction.