Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I didn't say they would be poor, Minors can be unpredictable so you don't how they perform come championship . They lost to Monaghan and Down with experimental teams. Had a player sent off against Down early in the secomd half,  conceded a late penalty and lost by 3.

12 from last years panel, like Dara Gannon, Pearse Smith, Conor Bradley, Harry O Neill, Mattie Mckenna,Donal Monaghan, Ryan Connolly.,

Tyrone probaly favs for Ulster though with a lot from last year, including Conor McKenna, who played against Cavan this year in the u21 championship.

Itchy

Sorry Rodney, totally missed read your post. Too much beer for me last night!

rodney trotter

Not the first time either...

Itchy

We got a look at what would've happened to Cavan if they played open football against Dublin today.

Westside

Cavan's defensive abilities look more impressive after we seen what happened Roscommon today.

Seniors beat Galway in a challenge 2-14 to 1-12. Dunne and Hyland with the goals. Sounded like it was a second string side from Cavan.

comeysfield

Gearoid McKiernan did not line out for Swad at the weekend anybody know if he is an injury worry

Itchy

Quote from: comeysfield on May 08, 2014, 05:11:29 PM
Gearoid McKiernan did not line out for Swad at the weekend anybody know if he is an injury worry

I think he did

Duckquay

Gearoid didn't play at the weekend, he had a scan Sunday and is out for two to three weeks with a slight groin tear.

comeysfield

Have the big man from Mountnugent officially gone to Ballymun

mylestheslasher

Not sure if any of you have read todays celt but it is being reported that Killian Clarke is considering leaving the county panel to  go and play ball in the US. That would be a really big loss. Id be very disappointed if it were to be true but hopefully  they can talk him around. Does it tell us something about the ambition in the team to win Ulster? If he goes I think we should wish him the best though, he has had 3 long seasons playing U21 and senior, a bit of notice would have been helpful I'm sure to Terry and the team.

rodney trotter

There was stories floating around last year too before the championship about players going away. This seems to be true when it's in the Celt, shouldn't have made himself available for the Seniors this year if he was planning to head away. He might stay yet. Played a lot of football over the last few years and probaly wants a break,

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 14, 2014, 04:55:20 PM
There was stories floating around last year too before the championship about players going away. This seems to be true when it's in the Celt, shouldn't have made himself available for the Seniors this year if he was planning to head away. He might stay yet. Played a lot of football over the last few years and probaly wants a break,
He wanted to go last year but stayed on so it's no surprise if he is going this year.

rodney trotter

Its a surprise he was part of the Senior panel this year at all.

tommysmith

He didn't play a big part though, will be a miss for championship.

Westside

You can't blame him for making himself available for the panel this year.. He could have made the decision at any stage you can't expect him to not make plans to travel, he's only 21 years old. Best of luck to the lad if he goes, he's been at the heart of a lot of our good days over the last 3 years. Big loss for the team obviously, he is probably the best defender we have and the one who seems to come to the fore when the real pressure is on. Still, there's lots of hungry lads in there mad for a spot on the side so this is their chance.