Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Richiej on March 13, 2012, 10:12:49 AM
I think its time for County Boards who employ outside managers to pick their County Panels and say to the incoming Manager " here is our best 30 players who want to play county football, go manage them and get the best out of them"

We have an outside manager in Cavan who is suddenly an expert on players within the county after only attending the Club championship semis and Finals.

Outside managers should be given a list of players drawn up from within the county (by ppl constantly watching club football) and told to manage them and get the best out of them.............if they are able to

If they are picking the panel maybe they should pick the team too ::)

rodney trotter

When will the DRA be sorted? Hopefully asap, reading about it in the papers every day is gone beyond boring.. Its amazing that it has 46 pages on this board, then again if was going to Dublin it would be 100.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: KfmSport‏@KfmSport

According to reports, #SeanieJohnston has failed to lodge appeal with #DRA thus ending his chances of playing with Kildare in 2012 #gaa
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hill16 Blues

What would be the chances do you think that the Kildare county board or some associated group might be funding Mr Johnstons Kildare residence??? Just wondering!!!

mylestheslasher

Jinxy - whenever andrews is gone. The only prob for seanie is his replacement is likely to be terry hyland who was also part of this years setup so presumably was in favour of dropping him.

LeoMc

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 26, 2012, 11:04:50 PM
Jinxy - whenever andrews is gone. The only prob for seanie is his replacement is likely to be terry hyland who was also part of this years setup so presumably was in favour of dropping him.

Then it is up to Sean J to prove (with the Gaels) that he is as good as Richie J says he is.

rodney trotter

I heard he was at the Westmeath game last week aswell, and yet he didn't appeal the DRA. Don't think the sage is completely finished. Probaly be a done deal by the time Kildare play Offaly in the champinship ::)

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 30, 2012, 02:16:36 PM
I heard he was at the Westmeath game last week aswell, and yet he didn't appeal the DRA. Don't think the sage is completely finished. Probaly be a done deal by the time Kildare play Offaly in the champinship ::)

Unless they stick a Groucho Marx tache & glasses on him and play him, it's over.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on March 30, 2012, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 30, 2012, 02:16:36 PM

Unless they stick a Groucho Marx tache & glasses on him and play him, it's over.

Unfortunately not Heffo, seemingly this is sadly going to play on a bit longer
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

It's a pity that the same effort hasn't been made to try and persuade Kevin Feely to tog out for the senior footballers when available.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 30, 2012, 04:04:35 PM
It's a pity that the same effort hasn't been made to try and persuade Kevin Feely to tog out for the senior footballers when available.

What is the story there? I see he is playing regularly with Bohs, a paid gig. How do you compete with that?
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteI see he is playing regularly with Bohs, a paid gig

Depends on what you call paid Dinny - The Bowes are broke and not really paying anything substantial as in a couple of 20s a week I heard

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 30, 2012, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 30, 2012, 04:04:35 PM

What is the story there? I see he is playing regularly with Bohs, a paid gig. How do you compete with that?

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160181

He's still lining out for Athy and did for the u21s so he obviously wants to play football and clearly there's nothing in his Bohs contract that stops him from playing. If he just wants to stick solely to the soccer in the hope of maybe getting something in England then good luck to the lad and you wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity but I think he'd be a serious addition to Kildare and everything should have been done to get him on board. I'm sure he could have been accomodated as regards training. Hopefully we'll see him in the years to come because it would be a shame to lose both him and Paul Cribbin.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Declan on March 30, 2012, 04:11:45 PM
QuoteI see he is playing regularly with Bohs, a paid gig

Depends on what you call paid Dinny - The Bowes are broke and not really paying anything substantial as in a couple of 20s a week I heard

Serious? Are they that broke? As far as I know he's on a soccer scholarship to DCU, open to correction. Maybe who pays the piper is calling the tune..
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteSerious? Are they that broke?

Yep  - completely fecked by all accounts