Football Trivia Question Driving Me Nuts!

Started by 118cmal, April 14, 2009, 05:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 15, 2009, 05:58:17 PM
I remember Irelands John Byrne for Sunderland scored in every round till the final v Liverpool in 1992
Ahhhhhh. He scored v Chelsea in the quarter final that year. One of the most hurtful losses in my life (The replay).

That was another one of 'its our year' conversations.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Family guy

Heres an easy 1,who was the last english man to finish top scorerer in the premiership???No need to ruin the fun and google it

stiffler

Quote from: Family guy on April 15, 2009, 09:06:09 PM
Heres an easy 1,who was the last english man to finish top scorerer in the premiership???No need to ruin the fun and google it

Darren bent?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Family guy

lol no,he mitent even have got scorer for spurs b4 never mind the league

muppet

Quote from: stiffler on April 15, 2009, 09:08:19 PM
Quote from: Family guy on April 15, 2009, 09:06:09 PM

Darren bent?

Is he the newest English Manager in the Premiership and about to be relegated?
MWWSI 2017

slow corner back

Family guy

All wrong,wrecked my head all nite when asked in the bar one nite,keep guessing lads

Tony Baloney

I've heard this one before. I'll not ruin it for the lads but think of a NE English club associated with a surly Irishman.

RedandGreenSniper

Kevin Phillips, he scored 30 one year there around the turn of the millennium.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

full back

Family guy

Yep good one all the same,gets the aul head goin

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 15, 2009, 06:43:03 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2009, 05:38:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2009, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2009, 05:09:11 PM
Which was the first World Cup final were the team that scored first went on to win?

Jees! I just checked that out and you are right. I thought I remembered David Coleman during the 1970 final warning viewers that no team who had scored first in final went on to win. Maybe he said no team since the first final in 1930! Anyway he said it after Pele had opened the scoring and of course Brazil went on to win.   

f**k how old are you fox??

You know the expression 'a wily old fox'...   Who was first player in English soccer league to wear shirt with his name printed on it?

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

longrunsthefox

under the bar

Can anyone name a goal-keeper who saved 3 penalties in 90 mins?   I know one but there may be others.