Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Tyrone.

I've said this before but Tyrone fans were spoiled by our best team ever and now many have crazy expectations. Last year Tyrone scored 1 17 in the league final, 3 14 in the Ulster first round, 17 points in Ulster semi and 5 18 in the Ulster replay. Not exactly scores that suggest all out defence. Most counties in Ulster including our big rivals from the 2000s Armagh would cry out for an Ulster title. We've struggled against the very top teams but we struggled against them for a hundred years. Even struggling we should have beat Mayo.

There was 2 very poor games in the league towards the end this year and performances below the level you would expect. But I never get too carried away by league games either way. Given how hard it is to get out of Ulster you'd like to think training was geared towards being fit later in the year.

The genuine Tyrone fans will be there next week who will support the team whether they're going well or not. And I suspect they're going a good bit better than some people believe.

So what qualifies now as Genuine fan? Don't make me laugh.
Ive been going to Tyrone games for over 35 years and the football played now is tripe.  Never has it been as hard to watch.

A genuine fan is someone who supports the team all the time and doesn't jump on and off bandwagons depending on how well they're doing. Someone who will support the team no matter who is managing the team or what club players are repressented on the team.

Tyrone have been involved in some poor games in recent years but they've also played some very good football at times. There has always been bad games and performances, look at the scores Tyrone managed in a large number of games in the 90s when football was more open.

Hopefully we will have learnt the lessons of previous years and push up a bit more at times while still keeping a strong defence in place. I'm looking forward to seeing the team evolve during the championship and hopefully getting a good run going.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 19, 2017, 10:13:43 PM
redhandsanta your not a tyrone supporter, your a mickey harte supporter. the quicker yous boys piss off and give the game back to the real supporters the better.

Great point well made, always good to have such a knowledgable football man on the board. Keep up the good work.

Hotrocks

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Tyrone.

I've said this before but Tyrone fans were spoiled by our best team ever and now many have crazy expectations. Last year Tyrone scored 1 17 in the league final, 3 14 in the Ulster first round, 17 points in Ulster semi and 5 18 in the Ulster replay. Not exactly scores that suggest all out defence. Most counties in Ulster including our big rivals from the 2000s Armagh would cry out for an Ulster title. We've struggled against the very top teams but we struggled against them for a hundred years. Even struggling we should have beat Mayo.

There was 2 very poor games in the league towards the end this year and performances below the level you would expect. But I never get too carried away by league games either way. Given how hard it is to get out of Ulster you'd like to think training was geared towards being fit later in the year.

The genuine Tyrone fans will be there next week who will support the team whether they're going well or not. And I suspect they're going a good bit better than some people believe.

So what qualifies now as Genuine fan? Don't make me laugh.
Ive been going to Tyrone games for over 35 years and the football played now is tripe.  Never has it been as hard to watch.

A genuine fan is someone who supports the team all the time and doesn't jump on and off bandwagons depending on how well they're doing. Someone who will support the team no matter who is managing the team or what club players are repressented on the team.

Tyrone have been involved in some poor games in recent years but they've also played some very good football at times. There has always been bad games and performances, look at the scores Tyrone managed in a large number of games in the 90s when football was more open.

Hopefully we will have learnt the lessons of previous years and push up a bit more at times while still keeping a strong defence in place. I'm looking forward to seeing the team evolve during the championship and hopefully getting a good run going.

So i can't support them from my living room? no one even mentioned winning!  Its the style of football which is pitiful and you trying to glorify it won't change anything.  I think more of the few pound i earn than to hand it over to watch crap   

ONeill

You mustn't have watched football in the 80s in Tyrone.

Ball into full back line. Roar. Ball kicked aimlessly by full back to mf. Roar. Ball back in. Roar. 0-9 to 0-8.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Was the league final performance or the first half v Derry or the Ulster semi replay crap football last years? Tyrone scored heavily in those games and played great football at pace. The Ulster final and quarter final were much more cagey affairs and not overly entertaining. Though it was great to finally to get over the line v Donegal. Hopefully the players can push on from that and be bit more positive this year.

Hotrocks

It was different in the west them days

Hotrocks

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 10:34:48 PM
Was the league final performance or the first half v Derry or the Ulster semi replay crap football last years? Tyrone scored heavily in those games and played great football at pace. The Ulster final and quarter final were much more cagey affairs and not overly entertaining. Though it was great to finally to get over the line v Donegal. Hopefully the players can push on from that and be bit more positive this year.

So those two and a half games is all you can find. Think that explains it all. 

southtyronegael

redhandsanta how can the players push on and be more positive if they are tied to their managers rigid defensive system?

ONeill

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 19, 2017, 10:41:46 PM
redhandsanta how can the players push on and be more positive if they are tied to their managers rigid defensive system?

Nonsense. Tyrone's half back line are the most prolific in Ulster in terms of scoring.

Unfortunately, we've feck all forward talent.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 10:40:15 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 10:34:48 PM

So those two and a half games is all you can find. Think that explains it all.

I talked through most of last years cship above. This one hasn't started. We played some really good football at times in the first 4 games of this years league and even v Mayo. We were horrible in the other two games. You made out they're always crap.

southtyronegael

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2017, 10:58:05 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 19, 2017, 10:41:46 PM

Nonsense. Tyrone's half back line are the most prolific in Ulster in terms of scoring.

Unfortunately, we've feck all forward talent.
bullshit. the county is full of forward talent. so who are these high scoring half backs?

ONeill

rrhf

That day we learned how much damage a rabbit punch can do.

theticklemister

Step 1
We've got them fighting amongst themselves.

Check

Step 2
We've got them discrediting Mickey Harte

Check

Step 3
Get them thinking about 2006

Check

Step 4
Beat the feck out of their supporters as they pass through Strabane on Matchday and team up with the 'lads' in Newbuildings to destroy the team bus.

Pending

---------------------------

It's all going to plan.......

rrhf

O Neill what was the story with that Derry woman you used to take up the Glenshane Pass?