Diving in our game

Started by slippery dodger, February 17, 2018, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mup on February 19, 2018, 03:47:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 19, 2018, 03:20:04 PM
Not sure what angle you're looking at mup but I think it's very clear there was no contact and even if there was it was to the back on the head behind the ear. At no point did he put his hand to the area he might have been hit and instead put his hands to his face. His reaction is totally unnatural to the bang he might have got but almost certainly didn't.

While the carry on of players is an embarrassment the behaviour of supporters is worse. We have long been apologists for players feigning injury and exaggerating the level of pain when they do get a bit of a hit. We are creating the environment where this stuff is becoming acceptable. I soccer, a guy who dives to win a free is no longer diving if there 'was contact'. That's BS and we are going down the same road.

Not having a go at you mup by the way, just commenting on a general trend that isn't helping our game.

Ah no that's fair enough.

Maybe I'm being naïve here but I'm genuine when I say that there could have been contact on his head. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the player on the ground. There are only two people can answer the question with any degree of certainty and thats Farragher and the Moorefield player.

That is the type of thinking that could lead to an innocent player missing an All-Ireland final for no reason at all. The TV pictures speak for themselves.

Whatever about punishing the Moorefield player, Farragher missing the final would be scandalous.

mup

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 19, 2018, 06:10:12 PM
Not sure what angle you're looking at mup but I think it's very clear there was no contact and even if there was it was to the back on the head behind the ear. At no point did he put his hand to the area he might have been hit and instead put his hands to his face. His reaction is totally unnatural to the bang he might have got but almost certainly didn't.

While the carry on of players is an embarrassment the behaviour of supporters is worse. We have long been apologists for players feigning injury and exaggerating the level of pain when they do get a bit of a hit. We are creating the environment where this stuff is becoming acceptable. I soccer, a guy who dives to win a free is no longer diving if there 'was contact'. That's BS and we are going down the same road.

Not having a go at you mup by the way, just commenting on a general trend that isn't helping our game.

Maybe I'm being naïve here but I'm genuine when I say that there could have been contact on his head. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the player on the ground. There are only two people can answer the question with any degree of certainty and thats Farragher and the Moorefield player.

That is the type of thinking that could lead to an innocent player missing an All-Ireland final for no reason at all. The TV pictures speak for themselves.

Whatever about punishing the Moorefield player, Farragher missing the final would be scandalous.

Ive said it twice already that Farragher did not deserve to be sent off. IF there was contact made then it was not on purpose.

Amazing how the ref is more or less getting away with this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mup on February 19, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

Ive said it twice already that Farragher did not deserve to be sent off. IF there was contact made then it was not on purpose.

He'll be assessed I'm sure by the assessor who would have been there for that type of game, and with that type of incident then it will i hope be checked and as there was no contact from what i can see then he should be free to play the final... What the ref seen from his angle backed up by the linesman is why he got the red, it wasnt the right call but they went with what they thought happened based on what they seen!

All referees are told that if you you didnt see it you cant call it.... If i was refereeing and I happened to turn my vision from a tackle and heard an almighty crack of a hurl and seen a man lying with his head split open and just one player standing over him I should give a red, as there could be no doubting what happened, but I'm not sure that's allowed, as it could have been an accidental collision..

do you go with your gut feeling or by the rules?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: mup on February 19, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

Did the ref make the decision himself or did the linesman or umpires help?

mup

Was just speaking to a Galway man who was at that game. He is not a Corofin man but was beside one at the match. He was in line with the incident and stated that he is 100% sure that Farragher kneed the Moorefield player in the head. He also said it was deliberate. And he added that the Corofin man beside him said straight after the incident that Farragher could be in trouble for this. So obviously he had saw something in it too.

Make of that what you want.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mup on February 20, 2018, 05:31:19 PM
Was just speaking to a Galway man who was at that game. He is not a Corofin man but was beside one at the match. He was in line with the incident and stated that he is 100% sure that Farragher kneed the Moorefield player in the head. He also said it was deliberate. And he added that the Corofin man beside him said straight after the incident that Farragher could be in trouble for this. So obviously he had saw something in it too.

Did he happen to mention who shot JFK as well?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Farragher's lack of protest about the sending off made me think that there must have been contact but the TG4 camera angle looked like no contact was made and Healy's reaction on then ground did not coincide with any potential blind side contact.

Donnellys Hollow

I thought Healy was acting the maggot watching it on TG4 but a few of the Moorefield players including Cian O'Connor were tweeting that he was clipped and that he has the lump to prove it. If there was contact, it certainly wasn't intentional and if the powers that be have any cop on they'll let Farragher play in Croke Park.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

imtommygunn

I thought the player initially didn't make contact but the other moorefield player knocked him and he did make some after that. Outside his control though.

mup

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 20, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

Did he happen to mention who shot JFK as well?

Good intelligent response. I couldnt care less if you don't believe me. The man told me this. Why would he make that up?