Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 06, 2017, 11:21:16 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 06, 2017, 10:53:09 PM
Are Rochford and O'Shea still lying about Aidan O'Shea's dive last year?

He dived, he cheated to get advantage. Name me a player who never cheated to get advantage?

Looking forward to this answer!

Dermot Earley

Beffs

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 06, 2017, 11:42:40 PM

He dived, he cheated to get advantage. Na
me me a player who never cheated to get advantage?

He did neither. He fell because their feet got tangled up but the ref had seen a foul a split second earlier where the defender had his hand stretched out to prevent O'Shea getting by him.  Unfortunately, the RTE camera switched focus as the ball was sent in towards the goalmouth. But you get a fleeting second the two boys preparing to jostle before the camera honed in on the spot where the ball was going to land. A harsh decision but that was the ref's prerogative.

None of the effin' experts who claim to have 20/20 vision passed any remark about David Coldrick leaving  the sideline and standing off to one side with a group of Fermanagh defenders. Now no prizes for guessing why he did that and it wasn't that he was asking them if they were on for a few pints after the game either.

ROFLMAO 😁

And there's you talking about the importance of "rational, fair minded and impartial" readers of newspaper articles. Physician, heal thyself !

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Beffs on May 06, 2017, 11:48:46 PM

He dived, he cheated to get advantage. Na
me me a player who never cheated to get advantage?

He did neither. He fell because their feet got tangled up but the ref had seen a foul a split second earlier where the defender had his hand stretched out to prevent O'Shea getting by him.  Unfortunately, the RTE camera switched focus as the ball was sent in towards the goalmouth. But you get a fleeting second the two boys preparing to jostle before the camera honed in on the spot where the ball was going to land. A harsh decision but that was the ref's prerogative.

None of the effin' experts who claim to have 20/20 vision passed any remark about David Coldrick leaving  the sideline and standing off to one side with a group of Fermanagh defenders. Now no prizes for guessing why he did that and it wasn't that he was asking them if they were on for a few pints after the game either.

ROFLMAO 😁

And there's you talking about the importance of "rational, fair minded and impartial" readers of newspaper articles. Physician, heal thyself !
Then explain why David Coldrick left his post and ran onto the field to have a chat with a few Fermanagh defenders while the agro was going on all around them....
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Il Bomber Destro

He dived, he cheated to get advantage. Name me a player who never cheated to get advantage?

My issue with a manager and player coming out and compounding matters by telling bare faced lies when they should have held their hands up and admitted they did wrong.

O'Shea and Rochford came out in the aftermath and made barefaced lies denying it was a dive when it was clear as day. O'Shea got away very lightly compared to McCann the year before, there were calls for McCann to make a public apology for what he did. O'Shea and his manager came out and told porkies and there was very little backlash to it.

Il Bomber Destro

He dived and cheated, it was clear as day. That's the sort of response that makes me lose a lot of respect for Mayo fans, some introspection wouldn't go astray, you'll be the very ones to get outraged when you're on the receiving end of a bad decision but refuse to acknowledge when you've done something underhand.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 12:11:52 AM

My issue with a manager and player coming out and compounding matters by telling bare faced lies when they should have held their hands up and admitted they did wrong.

O'Shea and Rochford came out in the aftermath and made barefaced lies denying it was a dive when it was clear as day. O'Shea got away very lightly compared to McCann the year before, there were calls for McCann to make a public apology for what he did. O'Shea and his manager came out and told porkies and there was very little backlash to it.

Manager and player come out and don't admit wrong doing - Shock horror! Never happened before?

Of course you want the lads to be fools and admit fault! That would have solved everything?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 12:34:07 AM

Manager and player come out and don't admit wrong doing - Shock horror! Never happened before?

Of course you want the lads to be fools and admit fault! That would have solved everything?

I would have expected a bit of honesty rather than telling bare faced lies. It's as obvious and clear a bit of cheating as you would come across and trying to deny that is just insulting. You may not think it but acknowledgement of it might have been some solace to Fermanagh. The fact he went out and conned the referee and despite all the damning evidence against him as well as knowing truly that he cheated, came out and denied any wrongdoing is very insulting.

Syferus

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
Not a patch on hairgate.

Hardly, O'Shea's dive had a huge impact on the result.

All McCann achieved was embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Thankfully neither McCann or the Tyrone management team sought to say the reaction was justified and Harte publicly said McCann was wrong.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 02:07:14 AM
Not a patch on hairgate.

All McCann achieved was embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Thankfully neither McCann or the Tyrone management team sought to say the reaction was justified and Harte publicly said McCann was wrong.

Haha, you're trying to rewrite history as usual. Harte never said what mccann did was wrong. He said if mccann had the chance to relive the incident he might act differently and he also said that Darren Hughes had to share the blame for the incident which was patently ridiculous. No tyrone person came out publicly and said 100% that what mccann did was wrong which is embarrassing and pathetic.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone/tyrone-manager-mickey-harte-claims-darren-hughes-and-tiernan-mccann-share-blame-over-dive-incident-31441545.html
This reaction was in complete contrast to how kerry people reacted to aidan omahoneys dive. A number of ex kerry players came out publicly to say he was completely wrong and the dive was embarrassing.

blast05

If we want to talk about a dive then lets talk about the one that directly impacted the biggest game of the year...
http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article35116013.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/7BlackCard1.jpg

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on May 07, 2017, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 02:07:14 AM
Not a patch on hairgate.

Haha, you're trying to rewrite history as usual. Harte never said what mccann did was wrong. He said if mccann had the chance to relive the incident he might act differently and he also said that Darren Hughes had to share the blame for the incident which was patently ridiculous. No tyrone person came out publicly and said 100% that what mccann did was wrong which is embarrassing and pathetic.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone/tyrone-manager-mickey-harte-claims-darren-hughes-and-tiernan-mccann-share-blame-over-dive-incident-31441545.html
This reaction was in complete contrast to how kerry people reacted to aidan omahoneys dive. A number of ex kerry players came out publicly to say he was completely wrong and the dive was embarrassing.

I think that's what you are doing, Harte quite clearly states McCann was in the wrong. You don't say someone made a mistake and would act in a different manner again without implying they were in the wrong. Hughes was silly for doing what he did but there's no doubting McCann embarrassed himself. The problem McCann had was that he was from Tyrone and the backlash to such an act was unprecedented. He was having public apologies and bans requested, less than 12 months later you had lads hiding behind their couch in order not to criticise Aidan O'Shea for a piece of cheating that knocked Fermanagh out of the Championship. The issue Tyrone people had was the imbalance of the reporting, some people went to town on McCann because he played for Tyrone when they failed to act similarly to similar facts in the past and subsequently in the future.

Moving on your second lie, I don't know any Tyrone person who justiifed what McCann did. I saw plenty of acknowledgement from Tyrone players in the past and present about McCann and what he did was wrong. They did defend him on the scrutiny he came under as opposed to others who had acted similarly.

Ricey:

"If you chat to any Gael in Tyrone, they didn't agree with what Tiernan did but at the same time, he's a young fella. He made a mistake," McMenamin told RTÉ's Saturday Sport.

"He did do it, and he should be punished but him being punished now when there have been other indiscretions throughout the year that went unpunished makes it feel a wee bit unjust.

Sean Cavanagh

"There have been things that shouldn't have happened - like the thing with Tiernan (McCann) - but these things happen across the board.

Peter Canavan

Tiernan McCann is aware of this. Yes, he made a mistake. We all have on the field of play, but his background is solid and his reasons for playing the game he loves are genuine as he endeavours to do his very best in a Tyrone jersey.

There are just some of the examples of Tyrone people coming out and acknowledging McCann did wrong and dived.

It's a shame we never got an acknowledgement from yourself on Enda Lynn's dive that got a Down player sent off in the same year, it seems your faux outrage is as it is.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 01:20:42 AM

I would have expected a bit of honesty rather than telling bare faced lies. It's as obvious and clear a bit of cheating as you would come across and trying to deny that is just insulting. You may not think it but acknowledgement of it might have been some solace to Fermanagh. The fact he went out and conned the referee and despite all the damning evidence against him as well as knowing truly that he cheated, came out and denied any wrongdoing is very insulting.

Looking forward to you producing one piece of evidence. This I am looking forward to! Like anything else I asked you, you just hide behind rhetorical non sense statements.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2017, 11:45:55 PM

Dermot Earley

I have great respect for DE and don't want to go throwing stones. But I'm sure there was a moment in his career where he bent the rules to gain an advantage.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 03:03:54 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 01:20:42 AM

Looking forward to you producing one piece of evidence. This I am looking forward to! Like anything else I asked you, you just hide behind rhetorical non sense statements.

The damning evidence against them is the replays of his blatant dive that won a penalty, it doesn't get anymore conclusive that that.