LSFC 2015 Semi Final - Dublin v Kildare, June 28th 4pm.

Started by Dinny Breen, June 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Hard to see us getting within 10 unfortunately. We couldn't deal with Evan O'Carroll, never mind Diarmuid Connolly. We looked good with the ball against Laois but Laois had the workrate of an arthritic tortoise. 

Unless the jacks have a Simpsons-baseball-episode type of injury crisis it will be a very long and very painful afternoon.

LilySavage

We could play well and lose by 15. Cant see us staying within 10 tbh.

squire_in_navy_slacks

I hope Jason Ryan gets through the game alright, he hates u with some passion

highorlow

Kildare should mind themselves for the following match. If I were Jason I'd hit up to the curragh and round up a few jockeys for this match. I'd say they are fast little bastards even without a horse.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: highorlow on June 15, 2015, 07:50:46 PM
Kildare should mind themselves for the following match. If I were Jason I'd hit up to the curragh and round up a few jockeys for this match. I'd say they are fast little b**tards even without a horse.

This clashes with the Derby weekend at the Curragh so they'll all be otherwise engaged unfortunately.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Kildare in good form coming into the game. They also had the benefit of an extra game.

Dublin got no game versus Longford and can't be sure of their own form.

All available evidence points towards a kidare win,

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on June 15, 2015, 10:35:10 PM
Kildare in good form coming into the game. They also had the benefit of an extra game.

Dublin got no game versus Longford and can't be sure of their own form.

All available evidence points towards a kidare win,

A Dub trying to béal bocht. Pull the other one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

twohands!!!

The 3-10 scored by Kildare in the 2nd half of the Laois game, looks a whole lot less impressive when you see Antrim scoring 2-10 in the 2nd half today. It's one thing to put up those kind of scores against a team able to defend but the fact that the Laois defence went to pieces in both games is the key factor as well.

The fact that the first game was a draw and that Laois were actually leading at half-time in the replay, doesn't exactly point the best picture of Kildare's performance overall in the 2 games.

I thought the Dublin defence was fairly loose in the Longford game and that the Longford attack did fairly well in terms of the overall score they got from what ball they got. I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Kildare end up with a similar amount of scores the next day.

Donnellys Hollow

twohands!!!

Jinxy

They have sat nav now, although I dunno if the Midlands are covered by sat nav.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Nice piece in the times from smug darragh who is as bad as if not worse as smug tomas too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-all-ireland-will-be-won-by-stoppers-as-much-as-scorers-1.2260466

"Jason Ryan needs about a dozen plans, in all honesty.
Connolly has everything. There are very few players in the game who can go on a solo run with their left foot, get slapped and skelped around the place, cut back away from the tackler and kick a point with their right from beyond the 45. There's not an awful lot you can do about a guy like that.

You don't normally associate Dublin with that sort of beautifully balanced player. They've had great players down the years driving on from midfield or banging in goals inside. But never really the sort of silky, two-footed half-forward that Connolly is. So how do you get at Connolly? To me, there's still a bit of a scamp in him. His temperament has got better over the years but I still think there's something to be said for pulling his tail and seeing if he'll hiss back at you.

Years ago we were doing a bit of video analysis with Jack O'Connor. Jack was pointing out some aspect of play but had to pause the video because up in the top corner of the screen Mossy Lyons was rolling around on the ground with his man. "What's going on there, Mossy?" asked Jack. "Ah, tis oul off-the-ball stuff, Jack, you need to know no more about it."
With a player as good as Connolly, sometimes that's all you have left. A bit of don't-ask-don't-tell stuff off the ball. See if his temper is as reformed as they say. It's nothing to be proud about but if you think a player has a weakness, you have a responsibility to find it."

Rossfan

I suppose this game's a foregone conclusion.
Only issue the margin of victory.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2015, 10:45:23 AM
I suppose this game's a foregone conclusion.
Only issue the margin of victory.

Yeah it's difficult to see how Dublin will break us down. Kildare by 5.