Riot at Tyrone club match

Started by Sky Blue, April 16, 2007, 05:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

The're worse than the annimals  that follow Linfield & Rangers. The two clubs must be expelled from the Association. That's the only thing that will send out the right signal to the rest of these Knackers.

Violence halts club match in Tyrone

16 April 2007

Sunday's Division 1A FL meeting of holders Dromore and Ardboe had to be called off due to a frightening outbreak of violence.

Intercounty referee Michael Hughes was left with no choice but to abandon the match when fighting broke our between players and supporters in the second half.

Concerned O'Neill County chiefs are set to investigate the incidents that led to the embarrassing climax.

Tyrone CCC secretary Aodhan Harkin revealed: "There will be an inquiry, and knowing Michael Hughes, his report was probably in this morning,"

"It doesn't bode well, second game of the season, it's not what anybody wants to see. But these things have to be dealt with.

"I understand it was a free-for-all involving players and supporters."

This follows a worrying trend in club football in Tyrone, where referees have threatened to withdraw their services amid escalating abuse and intimidation.

pintsofguinness

Would you get a grip of yourself, are you trying to wind the tyronies up or what, I hope you are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

You are obviously trying to piss people off here. But it must be said the GAA is a bit of a joke, and that's coming from someone who loves the game more than anything.
On this board today the Derry Tyrone and Armagh threads have all multiple pages concerning quite serious levels of violence.
Matches abandoned, referees assaulted or manhandled, and fans fighting on the pitch with players and on the terraces.
Doesn't look good!! Expect the BBC to jump on this one, if they have a clue it's happening that is given their ignorance of all things Gaelic.
The discipline, referees and the rulebook all need looked at, especially concerning all the county men in bother around the country who will allegedly have their indiscretions covered up
It's going to be a long hot summer

Sky Blue

Is nobody bothered by this? Pints of Guiness I'm not winding anybody up. This was on Hoganstand.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 16, 2007, 06:30:45 PM
Would you get a grip of yourself, are you trying to wind the tyronies up or what, I hope you are.

Its been everywhere, trampy behaviour alright.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gabriel_Hurl

Has been discussed in the appropriate thread - the Tyrone Club Football and Hurling thread

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 16, 2007, 09:57:03 PM
Has been discussed in the appropriate thread - the Tyrone Club Football and Hurling thread

Maybe you should lock this thread then Administrator......

Gabriel_Hurl

Maybe you should keep your racist terms to yourself next time.

It was a thread I started - I can lock it if I wish

Sky Blue

Typical sweep it under the carpet approach to violence at matches. This should be condemed!

Gabriel_Hurl

Will you condemn this?

QuoteTHE Dublin SHL Divison 1 relegation clash between O'Tooles and Ballyboden St Endas at Pairc UĂ­ MurchĂș was abandoned.

Referee David Donovan had no option but to abandon the match when, with two minutes remaining, a flare-up involving several players turned nasty.

Craobh Ciarain won the Division 1 title as a result of Naomh Fionnbarra's defeat by Erins Isle. Kilmacud Crokes were demoted.

ziggysego

Quote from: Sky Blue on April 16, 2007, 10:01:33 PM
Typical sweep it under the carpet approach to violence at matches. This should be condemed!

Any new Tyrone threads are immediately shouted down and told to keep it in the main Tyrone thread. Why should this one be different?
Testing Accessibility

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 16, 2007, 10:00:37 PM
Maybe you should keep your racist terms to yourself next time.

It was a thread I started - I can lock it if I wish

And take your ball home too no doubt......

johnpower

Not having a go at Tyrone as it can happen any where . The clubs in every county are responsible for their players and Supporters full stop . Other wise we are in big trouble . This sort of thing happens in every county and needs to be punnished . I am suprised as it normally happens at the later stage of the championships . Is there a history between these 2 clubs or is this thing hyped up ?

Gabriel_Hurl

awwww boo hoo Syd

as I said - there's no need for racist language on this board - in life even.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 16, 2007, 10:11:59 PM
awwww boo hoo Syd

as I said - there's no need for racist language on this board - in life even.

Thanks for that "life" lesson, the world will be a better place if your teachings are heeded......