Three Cheers for Cavan finally getting to play in the New Croke Park

Started by Maximus Marillius, April 16, 2007, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotstopper1

Quote from: Hardy on April 16, 2007, 06:03:07 PM
There is ample parking for asses and carts in the grounds of Clonliffe College. A glossary of driving and parking terms and how they are translated for use with articulated donkey-and-cart units follows:

Start = Yaaaah
Reverse = Hike
Go forward = G’up
Go forward a little more = G’up owwa dah
Stop = Wo
Stop immediately! = Wo ya hoor ya
Will I mind yer car mister = Give me money or I’ll ate one of yer ass’s legs

Thanks for the info Hardy,with such a grand knowledge of the nags its easy to see how you picked 3 of the first 4 home in the National.  :)
Unlike yourselves in Meath we in Cavan have moved on from the donkey and cart.We now have whats known in the wider world as automobiles and buses, so you see theres no need for the stone throwing, they're not big bad monsters, just forms of transport.Some day ye will appreciate that and tie up the auld donkey.  :D   

Shamrock Shore

QuoteLeitrim were in croke last year for the tommy murphy cup final.

Oops - sorry about that. My Tommy Cooper radar is not yet fine tuned. Prob never will be  :(

So in other words Cavan in any shape or form haven't graced Croke Park since Aug 97. And the county with the longest absence until now.

CC1

Quote from: shotstopper1 on April 16, 2007, 06:36:14 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 16, 2007, 06:03:07 PM
There is ample parking for asses and carts in the grounds of Clonliffe College. A glossary of driving and parking terms and how they are translated for use with articulated donkey-and-cart units follows:

Start = Yaaaah
Reverse = Hike
Go forward = G'up
Go forward a little more = G'up owwa dah
Stop = Wo
Stop immediately! = Wo ya hoor ya
Will I mind yer car mister = Give me money or I'll ate one of yer ass's legs

Thanks for the info Hardy,with such a grand knowledge of the nags its easy to see how you picked 3 of the first 4 home in the National.  :)
Unlike yourselves in Meath we in Cavan have moved on from the donkey and cart.We now have whats known in the wider world as automobiles and buses, so you see theres no need for the stone throwing, they're not big bad monsters, just forms of transport.Some day ye will appreciate that and tie up the auld donkey.  :D   
;D

The only problem I have with the game in Croker is that it is on after Meath and Monaghan, still don't know who I want to win. I hate them both and it's hard to even say which team we'll hammer the most.  :-\

;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

The Perfect result would be a draw after 70 minutes, adding in a few absolute massive brawls with all the Team/subs getting involved,
resulting in lots of members of both teams being suspended for the League Final,and most of their respective championships.
i think i prefer Monaghan to Meath,The Bitterness over August 1997 hasnt subsided in Ballyhaise yet.

Hardy

(Edit - sorry his didn't make sense before I included the quote)

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 16, 2007, 06:14:02 PM
Hardy dont be stoning our buses and cars Saturday Night just because Monaghan beat ya out the gates  :P

That won't be the reason. Tradition. That's the reason.

mylestheslasher

CC1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 16, 2007, 07:39:51 PM
The Perfect result would be a draw after 70 minutes, adding in a few absolute massive brawls with all the Team/subs getting involved,
resulting in lots of members of both teams being suspended for the League Final,and most of their respective championships.
i think i prefer Monaghan to Meath,The Bitterness over August 1997 hasnt subsided in Ballyhaise yet.
Thankfully I only had to travel through Nobber, where I just pointed and laughed in 1997, as opposed to Kells where all hell was breaking loose (or so I heard). So I didn't have to put up with any of the stone throwing etc. But being from Shercock, my hatred for Monaghan was there long before I could even walk. Its only now that the hate is surfacing for Meath, now that we've played them quite a few times in the league and championship in the last few years. Its just so hard to pick. I'll go for a draw with mass brawls too. :)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Hardy

So much hate. So little to hate back. :)

mylestheslasher

Oh I don't know Hardy, I seen some real thick Meath heads in Clones when we beat ye in the back door a few yrs ago. It seemed to matter to  them lads.

Shamrock Shore

shotstopper1

Quote from: thebandit on April 16, 2007, 05:28:38 PM
For the benefit of Ky Auvin men everywhere.

Directions

Croke Park is situated in north Dublin between Drumcondra and Ballybough and is bordered by Jones's Road to the west, Clonliffe Road to the north, St. James Avenue to to the east and the Royal Canal to the south.

The stadium is well served by public transport.  Bus, Rail, DART and LUAS can all bring you to less than a 15 minute walk from the ground.  Croke Park have recently launched an initiative to encourage greater use of public transport by visitors to the stadium.  A specially commissioned map has been launched to demonstrate how close Croke Park is to a host of public transport solutions.  Croke Park is situated in a residential area with only limited parking available on match days and local residents expect to use this parking.  And remember the authorities will be continuing their policy of clamping in the area on match days. Why risk spoiling a great day out?

Onsite parking at the stadium is only available for non-match and non-concert events. 

Take the stress out of travelling to Croke Park.  Download Map and Public Transport Guide

Please note that tickets are no longer available for the Nally Stand

Sure what would a Monaghan man know about going to Croke Park,they've only being there a handful of times in the history of the GAA and even then they stop in Cavan to ask directions.  :)

The Bottom Brick

Actually, great point there. Let's reminisce to that heady day in Clones two summers ago. The sun was shining, and Meath filled their togs. Wow, the stench. Sickening.

While they trudged home with their tales between their legs, we didn't bother throwing stones at their cars. We're a football county, not a glorified halt ;)
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

thebandit

Shotstopper, I'm fortunate enough to have Armagh blood on both sides, so I know my way quite well!

When Monaghan won the Division 2 final in '05 I was slagging the boys telling them to get off the pitch before the 'Senior Game'!

ONeill

I heard on Today FM yesterday (paradox?) that this will be Cavan's first ever appearance at Croke Park. The myth is out of control.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go