Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

I didn't know, total coincidence.

He is good mates with one of our lads and I'd know him from a few nights out on the beer, I was just doing a bit of slagging!

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

T O Hare

Wobbler will be taking notes for Friday night ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

JimStynes

O'Hare when you going to make the step up to senior football. You dont want to be remembered for that referee incident in casement a few years ago

T O Hare

bad injury jim, comeback on Sun but my senoir days are behind me... Mickey Mc Stay runied me... referee was a p***k anway :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

JimStynes

You and McStay both peaked too early at under 14

amallon

The ref overruled the umpire.  I'll give the umpire the benefit of the doubt and say that it was a hard one to call as it was so high.

Andym2008

As good as Mayobridge were, i think that a draw on sunday evening would have been a fair result. Kingdom were by far the beter team and i think that its unjust for us to be Bottom ot the league after 2 league games?

We'll be back stronger than ever!!

Up the Kingdom!!!
Up da Kingdom

stiff breeze

Just watched the highlights of the kingdom bridge match and have to say the kingdom have improved greatly over the last two years and hopefully it continues. they deserve to be a division 1 side.

amallon

The Kingdom have had a tough old start to the league, away to Kilcoo and then playing the Bridge.  They will pick up points against most teams and might push for a top 4 spot again. 

As for the Kingdom being the far better team, I don't think so.  I heard some Kingdom supporters going on about the amount of wides they kicked but thats just an oul excuse.  I've seen then stats and the Kingdom only hit 1 more wide than the Bridge over the course of the game. 

Kingdom are a good team, but I'll be interested to see how they do against the likes of the Stone, Loughinsland and Burren.  These games will tell us where the Kingdom are at, if they win them then they'd be contenders in my eye.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Andym2008 on May 01, 2008, 11:35:31 AM
As good as Mayobridge were, i think that a draw on sunday evening would have been a fair result. Kingdom were by far the beter team and i think that its unjust for us to be Bottom ot the league after 2 league games?

Up the Kingdom!!!

Unjust!! ???
Did Kilcoo not hammer yous hence the serious score difference at such a early stage of the league - a reminder to you if we had a better score difference last year we wouldnt have been relegated but such is life.  :'(

Lecale2

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 01, 2008, 12:41:55 PM
Quote from: Andym2008 on May 01, 2008, 11:35:31 AM

Up the Kingdom!!!

Unjust!! ???
Did Kilcoo not hammer yous hence the serious score difference at such a early stage of the league - a reminder to you if we had a better score difference last year we wouldnt have been relegated but such is life.  :'(

Tough start for An Riocht against the 2 best teams IMO. I can't see them struggling as the league goes on and they could well make the top 4.

Andym2008

Well at least its nice to see people thinking the way am, I mean u take the defeat to kilcoo and you put it down to pure rustyness, you also take the game against the bridge, again rustyness as well as the fact that they are a superiour team to An Ríocht. But to start at Kilcoo and then at hme to mayobridge, not pleasent games atall.

Ps...

Well done to Loughinisland so far this season, my father was once a Championship and League one winner with them
Up da Kingdom

goldenyears

Blow for Mourne as duo ruled out for Tyrone clash Gaelic Games
By Niall McCoy
01/05/08

DOWN have been dealt a double blow ahead

of their Ulster Championship match against Tyrone, with the news that Ciaran McGovern and Declan Rooney will not be available for the Healy Park clash on June 8.

Mourne boss Ross Carr has confirmed that McGovern will be out for "a couple of months" with a knee injury, while Rooney will miss six to eight weeks due to a hernia problem.

McGovern was injured early in the side's defeat to Fermanagh and was replaced by Darren O'Hanlon.

Carr said: "Ciaran's broken a small bone beneath his knee. He had to be replaced after 15 minutes against Fermanagh and unfortunately the x-ray confirmed it was a break.

"Declan Rooney is going through a hernia operation so it will probably be six to eight weeks before he is back playing with us.

"Ciaran had been excellent for us in the McKenna Cup and the early stages of the League. He lost his place through injury but he worked his way back in.

"Declan was last year's captain and is an integral part of the squad. His injuries this year have stopped him building on last year's performances and getting a run of games going.

"We have picked up injuries at the wrong time, but that is just part of football – it happens.

"It is unfortunate. The two players will be very frustrated at the moment with the injuries. There is still a great spark in the panel and excellent

competition for places."

Carr is keen to keep the panel sharp ahead of their battle with the Red Hands and is hoping to arrange a number of challenge games.

Cork will be the opposition on Saturday, May 24, while the Clonduff man is waiting on confirmation that Kildare will provide opposition next week, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Carr revealed: "We're hoping to get a few games sorted before the Cork match. We're hoping for Kildare to be confirmed for next week but nothing has been set in concrete yet.

"Kieran (McGeeney) and Paul (Grimley) have been involved with Kildare and they finished the League pretty strong.

"We will try and have a strong team in all the games we play but we

will want to try different players in different positions. Kildare should provide a stiff test"

Down returned to training on Tuesday night for the first time since their defeat to Fermanagh and Carr was impressed with what he saw.

He said: "The boys had the chance to get away from the Down set-up for a week or 10 days to clear their heads after the disappointment of the League.

"The club fixtures started last week and it did the boys well. We came back last night (Tuesday) and had a great session and there was a great effort from all the players."

The panel will also meet for a training weekend over May 10-11 as their preparations go into overdrive for the Tyrone match.

Carr said: "We're not going away or anything, we're just training at home to get going for the Tyrone match."