Munster Minor and U-20 Football 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, November 30, 2018, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Blowitupref

FT Cork 3-16 Kerry 0-12. Congrats to Cork a very impressive performance where they were good value for that 13 point win. Kerry were poor and not too many of tonight's players will be fast racked onto their senior team.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

giveballaghback

Jack O Connor had a face on him like a bag of spanners. :D

GalwayBayBoy

Shows how good Clifford is. He made that Kerry side All-Ireland winners 2 years ago. Scored 2-8 against Cork that year. 4 goals in the AI final.

Bar a few notable players those Kerry minor sides were maybe not as laden with talent as people thought at the time.

kerryforsam19

Well done to Cork. Thought got their frees a bit easier tonight. Our lads didn't show up on the day. Best luck to Cork in rest of championship.

Wildweasel74

Kerry have costed themselves the last 2 u-20 all-ireland by not giving OShea and Clifford the chance to win U'20 all-irelands. They have plenty of time on their side for senior fball. I dont agree withe the rule that playing senior fball prevents u playing u-20. The players get picked for seniors regardless and lose out on playing u-20 fball

johnpower

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 18, 2019, 11:21:14 PM
Kerry have costed themselves the last 2 u-20 all-ireland by not giving OShea and Clifford the chance to win U'20 all-irelands. They have plenty of time on their side for senior fball. I dont agree withe the rule that playing senior fball prevents u playing u-20. The players get picked for seniors regardless and lose out on playing u-20 fball

Cork very impressive, Kerry don't really care deep down about underage or club success it's all about senior. I think the last time they took such a trimming wS in 2011 and some of that team pushed on.

Still having said that Cork have some impressive players ; not sure about the u17 and u 20 big gap to senior

mup

Well done Cork. There will be a few flags flying on the main road in Ballyvourney tonight.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: johnpower on July 18, 2019, 11:29:43 PM

Cork very impressive, Kerry don't really care deep down about underage or club success it's all about senior. I think the last time they took such a trimming wS in 2011 and some of that team pushed on.

Still having said that Cork have some impressive players ; not sure about the u17 and u 20 big gap to senior

You must be joking if you think Kerry don't care about underage success. Kerry hate to lose any game at any level and especially to Cork.

giveballaghback

If this rule effects countys like Kerry etc just imagine what it does to smaller counties with very limited resources at either level. This u20 set up is a joke and the gaa need to review the  situation, bring it back to u19 and keep  18 year olds engaged an age that the gaa seem to leak most players.