Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 13, 2017, 06:21:53 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2017, 01:40:22 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 13, 2017, 10:25:24 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2017, 10:19:36 AM
"Her family said they were "shocked and heartbroken" to learn of her death"

WTF!!!
Sinn Fein MLA Alex Maskey said Ms Conlon came from a close-knit family in the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast.

"Given the fact it's such a close-knit family, it will be particularly sad as they haven't seen her for quite a while, even though they wanted to."

Very close-knit! This one is sure to get messy for someone.
More weasel words from Masked who can't help talking shite as soon as a microphone is put in front of him
Close knit FFS
I know, of all the things to come out with he refers to a close knit family who were so close knit they didn't bother getting access to the house. A normal family in a normal society would have the door off its hinges within a couple of weeks of no contact with a family member.

Orior

Quote from: TabClear on October 13, 2017, 02:20:07 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 13, 2017, 01:35:40 PM
Not often you hear of a road death being talked of as a murder.
It seems strange.

That's what I thought as well. Obviously more to it but such a tragic loss for the family

Was there a second vehicle involved, or had someone tampered with the vehicle, or perhaps harmed her before she got into the car?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Orior on October 13, 2017, 06:45:41 PM
Quote from: TabClear on October 13, 2017, 02:20:07 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 13, 2017, 01:35:40 PM
Not often you hear of a road death being talked of as a murder.
It seems strange.

That's what I thought as well. Obviously more to it but such a tragic loss for the family

Was there a second vehicle involved, or had someone tampered with the vehicle, or perhaps harmed her before she got into the car?

Yesterday they were looking for a second vehicle.  Must have got the details from the two seriously injured passengers when they had made some recovery.

Puckoon

There was a news report/headline this morning that she may have been rammed.

Gold

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2017, 06:38:53 PM

WTF!!!
Sinn Fein MLA Alex Maskey said Ms Conlon came from a close-knit family in the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast.

"Given the fact it's such a close-knit family, it will be particularly sad as they haven't seen her for quite a while, even though they wanted to."

More weasel words from Masked who can't help talking shite as soon as a microphone is put in front of him
Close knit FFS
I know, of all the things to come out with he refers to a close knit family who were so close knit they didn't bother getting access to the house. A normal family in a normal society would have the door off its hinges within a couple of weeks of no contact with a family member.

I know what a f**king idiot

Absolute weird case
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Over the Bar

WTF!!!

Close knit FFS

So what else would you expect an MLA to say ffs?  If it's there's an unproven suggestion / suspicion they've  been creaming benefits and the family have made a statement to say "we wanted to visit her more in the past 2 years but couldn't for x, y and z difficulties...." then he has to keep press interviews pretty diplomatic given that a lady has died.  Do you expect him to say that in his view the family obviously didn't give a shit?   ::)

T Fearon

Natural reaction,close knit family,last place you'd expect it to happen blah blah.

Looks like a 23 year old has been charged with her murder and concealing her death.Sounds as if he was known to her,possibly a family relative? Only heard of anything remotely like this once before in my life time.Guy was called Norman Bates

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2017, 11:24:26 PM

WTF!!!

Close knit FFS

So what else would you expect an MLA to say ffs?  If it's there's an unproven suggestion / suspicion they've  been creaming benefits and the family have made a statement to say "we wanted to visit her more in the past 2 years but couldn't for x, y and z difficulties...." then he has to keep press interviews pretty diplomatic given that a lady has died.  Do you expect him to say that in his view the family obviously didn't give a shit?   ::)
No but you can enough without saying too much and certainly not saying they were a "close-knit family". He hasn't the brains to choose his words carefully. If any body is good at talking around a subject it's the Shinners.

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2017, 11:32:17 PM
I agree. Even in close knit families, there can always be one member out on their own.
And I think that was his point. Although 50 of them live in each other's shadow, it's particularly sad that she was out on her own, for whatever reason.

Theres being out on your own and theres not being seen nor heard of in 3 years....mad case

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

StGallsGAA

Theres being out on your own and theres not being seen nor heard of in 3 years....mad case

On that note, has anyone checked in on the Down senior footballers recently??

angermanagement

Quote from: T Fearon on October 14, 2017, 12:17:05 AM
Natural reaction,close knit family,last place you'd expect it to happen blah blah.

Looks like a 23 year old has been charged with her murder and concealing her death.Sounds as if he was known to her,possibly a family relative? Only heard of anything remotely like this once before in my life time.Guy was called Norman Bates

He wasn't charged with murder, he's got charged with theft, fraud and preventing the lawful burial of a body.

He's already been released and is out and about in Belfast tonight.

T Fearon

Fraud,can only be collection of pension etc.My guess is that this guy was well known to the woman,a relative even.

Dougal Maguire

Jesus there's some crap on this thread. Uninformed speculation, factually incorrect statements etc. Some people here really do need to cop themselves on.
Careful now

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 14, 2017, 08:35:47 AM
Jesus there's some crap on this thread. Uninformed speculation, factually incorrect statements etc. Some people here really do need to cop themselves on.

If he's been charged with fraud it's barely speculation to suggest fraud !

Mourne Rover

StGallsGAA

On that note, has anyone checked in on the Down senior footballers recently??
[/quote]

Is this an Antrim supporter looking forward to life in division four and suggesting that Down, a division one team in 2016 and Ulster finalists in 2017, have underachieved over the last couple of years ?