62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on October 12, 2017, 10:12:37 AM
Quote from: ashman on October 12, 2017, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 07:13:15 PM
If he had been jailed there'd have been no complaints from me.No excuse for bad behaviour at any sports fixtures.Tarnishes the good name of the club.

The young lad acted the eejit at a soccer match while full of drink .  He looks a harmless craytur . 

Imposing  a custodial sentence on him would be pointless and wrong . 

The embarrassment is punishment enough.

Harmless craytur yes, but how much will his action cost Celtic Football Club? Could be a few pennies if they're made to play a home match in an empty stadium.

could argue how much would the inept stewarding cost

T Fearon

Sorry.People in adult age,inebriated or sober,who run on to football pitches to attack people are not eejits nor are they harmless.They are a danger to society.This lad can count himself lucky not to be going to jail,he has got off very lightly.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 12, 2017, 11:05:41 AM
Quote from: Orior on October 12, 2017, 10:12:37 AM
Quote from: ashman on October 12, 2017, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 07:13:15 PM
If he had been jailed there'd have been no complaints from me.No excuse for bad behaviour at any sports fixtures.Tarnishes the good name of the club.

The young lad acted the eejit at a soccer match while full of drink .  He looks a harmless craytur . 

Imposing  a custodial sentence on him would be pointless and wrong . 

The embarrassment is punishment enough.

Harmless craytur yes, but how much will his action cost Celtic Football Club? Could be a few pennies if they're made to play a home match in an empty stadium.

could argue how much would the inept stewarding cost
It would be awful if UEFA awarded the game to PSG, 3-0.

illdecide

It would prob be more difficult than you think, the banned fans are well known to the Stewards and they know what they look like. Celtic's fans are represented by 90% season ticket holders so the only way of getting a ticket is through a club (no club would risk giving him a ticket as they'd be banned too for doing so). If he tried a public sale through the internet then he'd have to use someone else's Id then travelling over on the boat he's well known among Celtic fans so they alone will not welcome him and then it would be only a 20% chance he'd slip thru the turn styles not to mention if he got inside the ground fans sitting around him will recognise him and alert a Steward, all in all it's not impossible but it will be extremely difficult for him...Unless he hasn't learnt his lesson and is a complete dick then he'll stay well clear of Glasgow.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ashman

Quote from: illdecide on October 12, 2017, 11:14:51 PM
It would prob be more difficult than you think, the banned fans are well known to the Stewards and they know what they look like. Celtic's fans are represented by 90% season ticket holders so the only way of getting a ticket is through a club (no club would risk giving him a ticket as they'd be banned too for doing so). If he tried a public sale through the internet then he'd have to use someone else's Id then travelling over on the boat he's well known among Celtic fans so they alone will not welcome him and then it would be only a 20% chance he'd slip thru the turn styles not to mention if he got inside the ground fans sitting around him will recognise him and alert a Steward, all in all it's not impossible but it will be extremely difficult for him...Unless he hasn't learnt his lesson and is a complete dick then he'll stay well clear of Glasgow.

That sounds a bit sinister TBH .

JimStynes

Like the 'banned from all GAA grounds' ban that is handed out. No one ever really listens to it. Sure Mayo Mick has been back at plenty of matches since his incident.

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on October 12, 2017, 11:14:51 PM

Yeah but fast forward a year and who's really gonna remember what he looks like, I probably wouldn't instantly recognise him right away if I seen him tomorrow.

T Fearon

What is it about when one is officially banned from football matches that you have to sign in at Police Stations during those same matches, that people don't understand?

MoChara

Quote from: T Fearon on October 13, 2017, 09:14:19 AM
What is it about when one is officially banned from football matches that you have to sign in at Police Stations during those same matches, that people don't understand?

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-banning-orders/

That's only for international Tournaments and in this case only up to a maximum of 5 years

T Fearon

Its for club games and his ban is for four years.As I'll decide says he'll stay well away from Celtic Park permanently if he has any sense.

illdecide

Also forgot to mention Celtic have face recognition cameras at every turn styles too and his boat race will be saved on their data base and he'd be scooped very easily...

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on October 13, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Also forgot to mention Celtic have face recognition cameras at every turn styles too and his boat race will be saved on their data base and he'd be scooped very easily...
Can the face recognition be thwarted should he grow a or glue a beard on, tinted specs etc?

AZOffaly

illdecide

Lol...yeah mission impossible replacement face. I see on Celtic website earlier for fixtures it gives Celtic a 2-0 result for tomorrow's game v Dundee...talking about Mystic Meg

Over the Bar

Quote from: Main Street on October 13, 2017, 03:50:00 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 13, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Can the face recognition be thwarted should he grow a or glue a beard on, tinted specs etc?

TF regularly turns up looking like a fanny which seems to work.  ;)