Ipod to pc

Started by youngfella, December 11, 2008, 05:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Im looking to backup the contents of my ipod on to my pc. Itunes wont let me do it. Can it be done?
Pull hard and early

SidelineKick

I asked a computer technician about this at the weekend and he says it cant.  Its something to do with iPod being read only or something.  All very technical for me but I still think there must be some software out there that does it.  he was pretty sure there wasn't  :-\
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

thebigfella

Try Sharepod - worked really well the last time I used it.

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Minder

Main Street is your man to ask YoungFella.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thebigfella

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 11, 2008, 05:14:50 PM
I asked a computer technician about this at the weekend and he says it cant.  Its something to do with iPod being read only or something.  All very technical for me but I still think there must be some software out there that does it.  he was pretty sure there wasn't  :-\

It can be done quite easily, Senuti works really well on the Mac. What you can't do is download DRM protected music to another computer without the user password who purchased the track. Even then you are restricted from moving the track to more than 3 machines I believe.

imtommygunn

ipodagent does this.

The contents of my ipod went from someone else's ipod to my laptop to my ipod.

Our Nail Loney

Main Street gave me a link to a thing for doing this, copy pod or something?? He would need to tell you, I deleted the pm he sent me by accident. I have it at home and used it, I copied my whole ipod to my cmoputer and then transferred it all on to another computer, easy peasy.

SidelineKick

Great news!  I must get on to that myself.  Always thought it was a pain in the ass not being able to do that.  Computer technicians, what do they know!

Now that I say that, he's fixing mine at the moment  :(

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 11, 2008, 05:25:11 PM
Great news!  I must get on to that myself.  Always thought it was a pain in the ass not being able to do that.  Computer technicians, what do they know!

Now that I say that, he's fixing mine at the moment  :(

It is also useful is you lend a mates ipod and copy the stuff he has on his that you don't have, I am trying to get a lend of the cows ipod to get some of his rapparee tunes and some other ones...

SidelineKick

I only have an 8gb ipod which can be annoying but truth be told for all I use it, it does me just fine!  Needs a clear out though and a good update! I can't work out how the cow uses his with his hooves.  He maybe has one of the new nanos where you just shake it and it shuffles.  Easier for a cow to use.

Reported.

Main Street

Fortunately I am a little bit less chaotic than ONL and
I have that pm saved in my outbox.

So Youngfella if you are short of shareware cash and want to be in the know,  pm me.