Cork v Dubs 13 April

Started by The Hill is Blue, April 13, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

As I said after the Tyrone game if you want to put down the Dubs you're going to have to ambush them at midnight at a crossroads and put a large stake through their heart.

Well done lads – a phenomenal performance.

:)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

easytiger95

Couldn't make it today, but got to watch it on the box. One of the their best ever performances, no matter the competition - ten points down?

They're starting to have the same aura as that great Meath team from twenty five years ago- they always come back!

heffo

Some turnaround alright.

We don't need to win the league final at all and I'd like to see some players rested - McCauley especially and some get game time - B Brogan, Brennan

Good place to be but fatigue can be a killer in trying to retain the AI.

orangeman

Dublin 2-7 Derry 3-1.

Good odds on Dublin.

Dublin are machines.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: orangeman on April 13, 2014, 08:16:54 PM
Dublin 2-7 Derry 3-1.

Good odds on Dublin.

Dublin are machines.
where you see them odds?

orangeman

Wildweasel74

Dublin turned on the afterburners in the 2nd half but Cork were not very streetwise to give a way a 10pt lead and a few more experienced hands could have seen them hold out. The penalty was never a penalty  but Dublin were already 2 up at this stage. Ref seemed sore on cork in the 2nd half but Dublin seem very strong when full out, O`Gara turned into a good footballer which i don't think any of us he was capable off. Go easy on us in the final lads!

Farrandeelin

The difference in the 2 games today was unreal. Dublin my favs for Sam again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

As good as Dublin were in the second half, Cork disintegrated under pressure.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Brian Hurley was on fire in the first half, 5pts from play. Hardly touched the ball in the second half, feck all ball ball went in. Dublin took over in midfield and Cork couldn't contain them.

Wildweasel74

sure the dubs are everybodys favs for Sam, Cork in theory are their nearest challengers, kinda worried more about how they folded to the dubs more than the dubs playing well, Cork could and probably should have Had the game in the bag at halftime, but to be leading by 10Pt's and losing by 5 or so is very poor. Who else can challenge them? be interesting to see Donegal in the Div 2 final, of all the rest they might be a challenger though the black card rule bound to count against them

J70

I will be thrilled if Donegal can win Ulster, but I do not see us challenging for the AI. Small squad and  lot of our main  players have been on the go a long time. Even Michael Murphy, young as he is, is starting his eighth season of championship football. I don't think too many Donegal people are thinking past Derry in Celtic Park (Derry have a horrible record against us which they will be keen to address). Hopefully McGuinness has something up his sleeve!

Dubs would have to be favourites at this stage, but its a long summer and there's the hunger factor.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2014, 01:35:11 PM
I will be thrilled if Donegal can win Ulster, but I do not see us challenging for the AI. Small squad and  lot of our main  players have been on the go a long time. Even Michael Murphy, young as he is, is starting his eighth season of championship football. I don't think too many Donegal people are thinking past Derry in Celtic Park (Derry have a horrible record against us which they will be keen to address). Hopefully McGuinness has something up his sleeve!

Dubs would have to be favourites at this stage, but its a long summer and there's the hunger factor.

I'd say the hunger factor has been shown to be unlikely to have a negative impact after their performances against Mayo/Tyrone/Cork etc....When you take into account that Dublin will have guys like Daly, Nolan, Deveraux, Nelson, Bastic, Cullen, Rock, Costelloe, Mannion, McMenamon, Whelan etc will all be on the bench looking for games will keep the team focused.

screenexile

The return of Paul Flynn was a huge boost for Dublin yesterday.

I think Cork's main problem stemmed from midfield yesterday and it looks like midfield is becoming a key area again, in reality they could not get a ball in the 2nd half and the sooner they get Walsh back up to pace the better they will be. Fintan Goold isn't a natural midfielder and I think that was where the problem came from. Tyrone have been struggling in this area as well and has been a huge problem for them.

In terms of the final midfield would be our strongest area I feel and the 2 lads did well against Dublin's first choice midfield partnership the last day but with Connolly and Flynn in there this time they definitely be stronger in that sector. Sean Leo and Johnston have been playing well but physically I don't know how they will fare out against those 2.

imtommygunn

Was Aidan Walsh playing yesterday? He could usually hold his own against anyone.

Derry will get it tough in the final. Be very interesting to see how they go but they've done well to get this far and Donegal will no doubt be waiting in the long grass! It'll suit them for all the talk to be about derry.