Kildare v Dubs, Saturday next

Started by The Hill is Blue, March 04, 2014, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Any thoughts from the Kildare lads on Saturday's game.

Reports from the Dubs camp suggest that Paul Flynn, Rory O'Carroll and Alan Brogan will be available – whether or not they play is another thing. 

Bernard Brogan, Denis Bastick and Dean Rock are still not fit.

One way or another it has the makings of a good game.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

We're still in shock, will be Thursday before we are able to digest the thoughts of this game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

From the frying pan straight into the fire.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 04, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

You're sounding like a Kerry man DH (apologies to my Kerry friends  ;))

It's a 50/50 game which could go either way.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 04, 2014, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 04, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

You're sounding like a Kerry man DH (apologies to my Kerry friends  ;))

It's a 50/50 game which could go either way.

The layers don't agree:

Dublin 1/4
Kildare 7/2

Ohtoohtobe

The priority is to be in contention with 10 minutes to go. The Hyland-Niall Kelly-Paddy Brophy age group have taken two hidings off Dublin at senior and one at minor, need to prove, mainly to themselves, that there's no reason they can't at least compete with them. Indeed all the Kildare players need to prove there's no psychological hang-up. Fair enough we were outclassed in championship last year but I think the work rate in the second half, for the first time in the McGeeney era, was abysmal to the point that we were lucky to lose by "only" 16. There's no shame losing to the best team in the country but we should lose to no-one by double figures. Jason Ryan has implied that some fellas had given up in the back of their minds because we were five points down at the break and I agree with him.
It would be nice to get the two points but at the very least we need to get back to the 2009-11 era when we were never more than a kick off our lovely neighbours.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 04, 2014, 08:45:39 PM

The layers don't agree:

Dublin 1/4
Kildare 7/2

If you draw a line of form between how they both fared against Cork then the bookies odds are not justified.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare unchanged:

1. Shane Connolly - St Laurence's
2. Mick O'Grady - Celbridge
3. Mick Foley - Athy
4. Hugh McGrillen - Celbridge
5. Kevin Murnaghan - Moorefield
6. Fergal Conway - Celbridge
7. Paul Cribbin - Johnstownbridge
8. Tommy Moolick - Leixlip
9. Gary White - Sarsfields
10. Cathal McNally - Johnstownbridge
11. Eoghan O'Flaherty - Carbury
12. Seán Hurley - Johnstownbridge
13. Paddy Brophy - Celbridge
14. Tomás O'Connor - Clane
15. Darroch Mulhall - Athy

We look really short of options among the backs at the moment.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2014, 02:33:56 PM
Kildare unchanged:

1. Shane Connolly - St Laurence's
2. Mick O'Grady - Celbridge
3. Mick Foley - Athy
4. Hugh McGrillen - Celbridge
5. Kevin Murnaghan - Moorefield
6. Fergal Conway - Celbridge
7. Paul Cribbin - Johnstownbridge
8. Tommy Moolick - Leixlip
9. Gary White - Sarsfields
10. Cathal McNally - Johnstownbridge
11. Eoghan O'Flaherty - Carbury
12. Seán Hurley - Johnstownbridge
13. Paddy Brophy - Celbridge
14. Tomás O'Connor - Clane
15. Darroch Mulhall - Athy

We look really short of options among the backs at the moment.

Any word on the injury front?
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 07, 2014, 02:57:48 PM
Any word on the injury front?

Leper played in a challenge for Naas recently but I'm not sure if he's going to be anything more than an option off the bench given all his injury problems. Peter Kelly sounds like he's targeting the Derry match. Ollie Lyons has an ongoing hamstring issue. Probably for the best if they try to let that clear up before the summer. I haven't heard anything about Eoin Doyle.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

larryin89

Dublin when playing to their ability are a class above all the rest. Nothing else needs to be said , only team that can stop Dublin retaining Sam Maguire is Dublin.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

The Dubs will have to improve in defence if are to retain Sam Maguire. Kildare could have scored 4 or 5 goals tonight. Whats the latest on Ciaran Kilkenny? went off early with a knee injury and could be out for a while.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Agree with Larry, only the Dubs can beat the Dubs, if they are in the right frame of mind they are head and shoulders above everyone else. I wouldn't worry about their defence, they'll be fine once they are at full strength.

From looking at Kilkenny's knock I would say he'll be ok. It looked like a bang to a boney protrusion rather than a ligament type issue but you never can really tell until it's been assessed properly.

joemamas

not that it had impact on result,but thought marty duffy had another disastrous outing. Thought he favored Dublin a lot in first half in  26th min Macauley went on a trademark run, lost possession to be fair was probably fouled, but then lashed out at first kildare player he saw, Duffy was maybe 10 yards away looking at it and choose to ignore it.  was not sure what i was certain was I saw first go round, just looked at replay, one of many poor decisions,  Not to state the obvious but he will cause major controversy before season is over.