Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

There won't be any sport for the foreseeable
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2020, 10:07:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 13, 2020, 10:01:44 AM
I'm leaving it to the globally recognised and award-winning scientists and medical professionals to decide on the best course of action. Apologies to all social media and barstool experts.

Why should some guy with 7 years of medical school and 3 years in the USA doing a PhD have more respect for his opinion than me, who spent 10 minutes on Facebook?
I was hoping 5 minutes with Kenneth Copeland and a combination of holy water and cider vinegar would dispatch the bug. Apparently not!

BennyCake

Hudson-Odoi has it now. Chelsea squad in self isolation

TheOptimist

Ironic thing with the number people swarming the supermartkets yesterday is that said individuals could well now have been infected given the swarms of people present at the supermarket  :o

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-people-returning-from-spain-italy-to-restrict-movements-for-fortnight-says-harris-1.4201600

Meanwhile, intensive care doctors warned last night they expected to have to make "challenging" triage decisions involving patients.

"Intensive care will need to be directed to those patients who are most likely to benefit and, in this instance, to save the most lives," three groups representing intensive care staff said in a statement.

Solo_run

My work has now put plans in place.

The usual, work from home when you can.

My team of 8 will work part time and at different times to avoid spreading the virus.

I'm quite happy with that. I hate the noise of people coughing I'm the office, not because of C19 but because people have poor hygeine.

GetOverTheBar

Not meant in any way to provoke, but something I would be interested in the answers to with regards to infections.

The percentage of smokers affected by this v non smokers.

From a few visits to Italy, I've never been to China - they are huge smokers. Could this be a factor in the infection rates?

seafoid

Ben Rumsby

@ben_rumsby
Premier League, EFL and FA all preparing statements confirming suspension of football in England.

illdecide

Quote from: Solo_run on March 13, 2020, 10:48:02 AM
My work has now put plans in place.

The usual, work from home when you can.

My team of 8 will work part time and at different times to avoid spreading the virus.

I'm quite happy with that. I hate the noise of people coughing I'm the office, not because of C19 but because people have poor hygeine.

I'm off work atm sick (not coronavirus) but seen an email this morning telling all employee's to take their laptop and mobile phones home every night just to be sure and if the offices are shut then you work from home
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Maroon Manc

St Patricks parade in Manchester still going ahead on Sunday, my club has pulled out and good to see a few others pulling out too. Their only concern is filling the huge beer tent on Sunday as otherwise they'll lose money.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 13, 2020, 10:58:10 AM
St Patricks parade in Manchester still going ahead on Sunday, my club has pulled out and good to see a few others pulling out too. Their only concern is filling the huge beer tent on Sunday as otherwise they'll lose money.

They won't get much repeat business if they go ahead!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

I'm leaving it to the globally recognised and award-winning scientists and medical professionals to decide on the best course of action. Apologies to all social media and barstool experts.

Why should some guy with 7 years of medical school and 3 years in the USA doing a PhD have more respect for his opinion than me, who spent 10 minutes on Facebook?

That is the problem you see. The doctors and experts in the WHO are telling everyone the same things. Some governments are listening and some are not. Social Media, especially twitter, has been extremely useful in sharing the experiences from Italy and China and informing me personally on what is coming. I have used much of this information to steer the company I work for. So for example we have social distancing implemented here before the government even mentioned it. Up North you are taking the word of a buffoon in Boris and in the US Trump who no doubt are biased towards short term business needs over peoples health. Interesting in the US sports bodies are taking the lead over their president.

omagh_gael

Most reasonable people fully defer to the experts. However, the worrying thing is that a primary school in Belcoo is going to be in class due to expert advice whilst their peers in Blacklion are off today also on expert advice.

imtommygunn

It really has highlighted this problem in society and how social media etc has gone mad in the world.

It was the same with Brexit etc(whether you are for or against it).

Gobshites who knows nothing on their high horse about economy etc and then people listen to them and take things as fact.

Politicians also have become very unscrupulous in the UK(they always work but Boris is next level) and perceive themselves as experts when they know nothing and just make decisions based on money.

square_ball

So now Sinn Fein want the schools in the North closed less than 24 hours after saying they should remain open.